News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Regarding the identity of a new ("likely") WS pavilion, I find it interesting that our insiders are particularly tight lipped without any hints. At least none that I recall. I feel like that might indicate that no one is close to guessing it right and that the pavilion will be something totally different than anyone is predicting.

That said, Brazil makes sense and there's even been concept art for previous blue sky plans, but I wouldn't be shocked if they used another South American country (maybe Argentina) if they wanted to represent that part of the world.
There's enough hints out there ;)

Seabasealpha1

.....sooo, how about that Future World?
Martin, Butler, Feather, anyone....I'd like to hear some plans about the spine refurb. At what Martin wrote somewhere, it sounds to be greener. Any details or depth to the new look?
Agreed...I'm hoping for some Palm trees to return to that area...what's there now...coupled with the "war memorial" makes the area even more "mausoleum/gardens of memory".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok quick, someone take every post by our most trusted insiders in this thread and any other related post, and post it here so we can all dissect...I am so tempted to really do this if I didn't actually have work to do...ok maybe not

I'm not sure what good that would do. We have about 5 of the insiders all saying without any sort of winking or hinting that gondolas are a very very definite thing that's about to happen. And we still get people doubting it. And we tell them that all the insiders agree. And they still doubt.

Ralphlaw

It's fun to speculate, but I've learned never to get too excited until ground is broken and/or an "Official" announcement is made. Any new country would be great, and Spain would definitely be a welcome addition. Would the architecture be Gaudi, Alhambran, Colonial, hilltop fortress? Tapas would also be great. Can't say it would be my first choice for variety's sake, but it would probably be a top notch addition regardless.

lazyboy97o

I think of all of those, the one I would find most interesting would be Africa, though that isn't a country o_O...

But with large sections of Animal Kingdom dedicated to the African savanna, I'm not sure it will happen. Brazil could be cool, I don't know a whole lot about that country.
World Showcase and Disney's Animal Kingdom are about more than geography. A geographical place in both should highlight different qualities inline with the respective themes.

clemmo

Would it be correct in saying that a majority of the fw projects will be renovations/updates? The only really new build would be if they gut and build gotg in energy. Even then it won't be an entirely new build

DznyRktekt

upload_2017-3-23_12-38-46.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom