What did you do?

LizaMarie89

I hope your knee gets better quickly!

Transitioned to outside again today after being stuck inside due to the weather.

For the first time in my life I ran 7 miles... and yet I still don't feel like I can call myself a runner cause I don't actually run all of it.

Texas84

I hope your knee gets better quickly!

Transitioned to outside again today after being stuck inside due to the weather.

For the first time in my life I ran 7 miles... and yet I still don't feel like I can call myself a runner cause I don't actually run all of it.

Nothing wrong with walk breaks.

JillC LI

6 miles on Sunday. Planning on 5 more miles later today, hopefully outdoors if I can get home before dark.

@LizaMarie89, if you run then you are a runner. 7 miles is a long distance. If you decide you want to ditch the walking breaks, then slow your pace down a bit and do it gradually. But like Tex said, nothing wrong with walk breaks.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Texas84

20 miles for the week. 3-5-3 and 9 this morning. Great weather, mornings in the high 50s with a bright quarter moon. Dogwoods in full bloom and cherry trees about to bloom, just in time for our cherry blossom festival.

Also hit the lottery for the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race July 4. 60,000 crazy people running a 10K. In July. In Atlanta. :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
In need of some pixie dust. Just was starting my 8 mile run for the week and wiped out and sprained my ankle. I'm freaking out slightly

So sorry to hear this - but make sure you give it the time it needs to heal properly. I injured myself during my DLP half training (3 months before the race) and couldn't run all summer. I made sure to do other activities (like the bike) during the period I couldn't run to keep in shape. Was able to start running again about 4 weeks before the race. In the end I was only able to run a third of it and walked two thirds of it, but I achieved my goal of finishing a half marathon for my 50th. So provided you can walk, you'll be able to participate and finish :)

JillC LI

8 miles Saturday morning. Gorgeous weather. Wanted to keep going but had an appointment.

In need of some pixie dust. Just was starting my 8 mile run for the week and wiped out and sprained my ankle. I'm freaking out slightly

Ugh. From someone who has had ankle surgery, I sympathize. Follow RICE (Rest, Ice Compression, and Elevation), and hopefully it's not a bad sprain.

JillC LI

Got a treadmill mat and put it under the rear of my treadmill for yesterday's 3.6 mile run to try to accommodate for that annoying incline problem. It DID help but it was designed to go under the whole TM, not just the rear feet. So when I checked the mat after my run, it had deep gouges in it from the feet which will likely quickly become holes so I'm not sure how long it will last, even if I move it around to different spots on the mat.

JillC LI

5 miles outdoors yesterday afternoon. Meant to do 4.5 miles but I started out on the wrong neighborhood route and didn't realize it until I was more than halfway through the loop. I was pressed for time so I was a tad annoyed with myself when I realized it, but nothing I could do at that point but run faster! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom