BB-8 coming to Star Wars Launch Bay

WDWFREAK53

A little disappointed...I understand why, but I was hoping he'd be a roaming droid. It wouldn't last long with the kids if it was just a droid that moved throughout the Launch Bay. At least he moves fluidly and sounds perfect. This will be a big hit and I can't wait to get my pic taken with the little guy.

(Haha, I just realized that I am assuming a robot is a "male.")

J. D.

Why couldn't he roll around? They had a roaming garbage can in Tomorrow Land, even with loads of people around. I just got back from ECCC and there was an R2-D2 (so cute!) roaming around, loads of people. Not sure why they couldn't come up with something.
He'll get a lot less wear and tear if he doesn't roll around on the floor for 12 hours a day. Also, BB-8 is a bit more complex than Push or R2. They're bigger, sturdier characters that could handle being in a crowd a lot easier than a droid that rolls and could potentially have his magnetic head separated from his body by guests that can't keep their hands to themselves. I would love an authentic BB-8 meet-and-greet, but I think the potential negative issues outweigh the positive in this case.

WDWFREAK53

He'll get a lot less wear and tear if he doesn't roll around on the floor for 12 hours a day. Also, BB-8 is a bit more complex than Push or R2. They're bigger, sturdier characters that could handle being in a crowd a lot easier than a droid that rolls and could potentially have his magnetic head separated from his body by guests that can't keep their hands to themselves. I would love an authentic BB-8 meet-and-greet, but I think the potential negative issues outweigh the positive in this case.

On top of that, PUSH and R2 have wheels. BB-8's finish would get worn down quickly if it was rolling on the ground for hours on end each day.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If there's any big Jawa fans out there I'd get your last visit and/or trading done soon. They'll be making way for this 'replacement'.

That's the first I've heard of that. BB-8 is being set up in his own room (replacing the Disney Infiniti console room). So, it's not like they'd be in each other's way.

RAXIP

IMG_0603.jpg
IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0605.jpg
IMG_0606.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom