Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I like Hollywood Studios, not Star Wars Park.

I am a huge Star Wars fan and would personally love a park that is primarily Star Wars, but with that said I don't think it's something Disney should do. It's just like Universal and Harry Potter. I think they have done has made good use of the franchise, but personally would not want to see them do more, although I think it's possible they still will. I would be ok with a Star Wars land expansion beyond what is currently being built, if it part of that was removing or consolidating some of the other Star Wars stuff that is in the park.

Mike S

I am a huge Star Wars fan and would personally love a park that is primarily Star Wars, but with that said I don't think it's something Disney should do. It's just like Universal and Harry Potter. I think they have done has made good use of the franchise, but personally would not want to see them do more, although I think it's possible they still will. I would be ok with a Star Wars land expansion beyond what is currently being built, if it part of that was removing or consolidating some of the other Star Wars stuff that is in the park.
The current rumor over on Orlando United of more Potter is a Hogsmeade expansion that takes over Dragon Challenge. Possibly one big ride and a smaller one. Since that land could literally not be used for anything else but Potter I'm fine with it. After this though anything else should go to Site B or just not be done. Personally I've lost interest in seeing the Ministry of Magic and would rather another IP take over Fear Factor. Maybe one that also takes place in London.

Dan Deesnee

I think a Pixar Park makes sense. Move the Pixar rides from HS to the new park, scrap Toy Story Land and put that in Pixar Park instead. Then take all the space freed up by removing the Pixar stuff from HS and the Toy Story Land land, and the great movie ride, and the Indiana Jones experience, etc. and expand HS to include not only Star Wars but also Marvel. Then, put a unique transportation system to allow guests to easily and relatively quickly go from Pixar Park to HS, and vice versa similar to the Hogwarts Express.

Just my two cents.

jt04

If the rumor is true that Pixar's stay is limited at DHS then Pixar is being assimilated into the WDAS collective or will be a 5th gate IP. Doesn't seem to be another path. I'd welcome a 5th gate someday.

Princess Leia

The current rumor over on Orlando United of more Potter is a Hogsmeade expansion that takes over Dragon Challenge. Possibly one big ride and a smaller one. Since that land could literally not be used for anything else but Potter I'm fine with it. After this though anything else should go to Site B or just not be done. Personally I've lost interest in seeing the Ministry of Magic and would rather another IP take over Fear Factor. Maybe one that also takes place in London.
With the Hogsmeade expansion, are we looking at a Forbidden Forest ride? Or maybe something to do with Prisoner of Azkaban (Whomping Willow, Shrieking Shack, etc)? I'm trying to think of the timeline of the HP attractions. It's Book 4 for Hogsmeade and Book 6 for Diagon Alley?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think a Pixar Park makes sense.

Here's the problem with a Pixar Park: The Pixar movies are all over the place setting wise -- past, present, future; and with different genres. And so, a Pixar Place will have it's own MK-like separate 'lands'.... unless you do a DHS and make the park Pixar Studios. But if go that latter route, then there's no place for Disney Animated movies that might fit very well into a Pixar Park, like Inside Out or Coco. And you have the vice versa... Someone will go to "Pixar Park" and be miffed that Merida isn't there and you have to explain she's at the Disney park.

Dan Deesnee

Here's the problem with a Pixar Park: The Pixar movies are all over the place setting wise -- past, present, future; and with different genres. And so, a Pixar Place will have it's own MK-like separate 'lands'.... unless you do a DHS and make the park Pixar Studios. But if go that latter route, then there's no place for Disney Animated movies that might fit very well into a Pixar Park, like Inside Out or Coco. And you have the vice versa... Someone will go to "Pixar Park" and be miffed that Merida isn't there and you have to explain she's at the Disney park.

I'm not really sure what you mean. The Disney animated movies are also all over the place setting wise, character wise, etc. but they obviously found a way to make it work, and work quite well. I don't see an issue with Pixar Park being separated into "lands". I think people would prefer it. Also, why not just move Merida to Pixar Park? Seems like a super easy solution. Let's face it, Pixars presence in the Disney World parks right now is not extreme outside of Hollywood Studios which, as I had mentioned, can be moved to Pixar Park leaving increased land for Star Wars and Marvel to expand into.

MCast

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed in the prior 455 pages of this thread, but isn't it strange for Star Tours to be disconnected from SWL? It seems the Muppets Courtyard blocks it from flowing. Do they plan to overlay Star Tours with another IP at some point?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I was thinking about Star Tours and the new rides... Could one of the new SWL rides have a system like ST in it ( used as part of the queue or the ride itself) but it will transport us from one theme area to the other themed area in the ride (as I think its been stated the one ride has people moving around somewhat at times)... could this be why Star Tours doesn't need to stay around?

roj2323

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed in the prior 455 pages of this thread, but isn't it strange for Star Tours to be disconnected from SWL? It seems the Muppets Courtyard blocks it from flowing. Do they plan to overlay Star Tours with another IP at some point?

most likely. btw the disconnect between SWL and Star Tours has been discussed over and over and over and over again so let just let it be and not go there again please.

Casper Gutman

The alternative for me is giving DHS three huge anchors down the line: Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. They don't seem to be doing this but it's the approach I would prefer they take.

We all know the issues with Marvel in Florida, but that was always my thought regarding a third gate in California (maybe swap out Pixar with Frozen).

It would have been logical for Disney to have looked 20 or 30 years down the line when planning the MGM renovations and to have designed the park to become a Pixar/ Star Wars/ Misc. (Indy, ToT, any other hot property of the moment) Park, with each element given roughly equal weight. When SWL was slated for it's original location, this seems to have been exactly what they were doing. But it feels like the lure of short term savings have assured the park will remain an oddly laid out muddle for the conceivable future.

Princess Leia

We all know the issues with Marvel in Florida, but that was always my thought regarding a third gate in California (maybe swap out Pixar with Frozen).

It would have been logical for Disney to have looked 20 or 30 years down the line when planning the MGM renovations and to have designed the park to become a Pixar/ Star Wars/ Misc. (Indy, ToT, any other hot property of the moment) Park, with each element given roughly equal weight. When SWL was slated for it's original location, this seems to have been exactly what they were doing. But it feels like the lure of short term savings have assured the park will remain an oddly laid out muddle for the conceivable future.
Both Marvel and Star Wars belonged in the potential third gate in California. It makes zero sense for Marvel to be in the California themed park. When there's a city represented in the MCU, it's typically NYC. If I'm remembering correctly, the only films set in California are the Iron Man trilogy and Ant-Man. The Incredible Hulk, Captain America 1, Avengers 1 & 2, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man: Homecoming... and all of the Defenders shows are in NYC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom