News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Clamman73

Maybe something like this...
IMG_1220.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Very much. Different styling, curved roofs and more open sides but yes.

And don't forget the wrought iron styling.

I feel like we're going to become like police sketch artists.

"Is this the gondola station you saw?"

"The roof was more curved, it was more open-wall, and there were more wrought iron accessories."

<sketches...> "How about this?"

"Yes! That was the gondola station!"

"All right boys, put out an APB on open air gondola stations. Check with varying manufacturers to see who could build such a thing."

Creathir

Honestly, now that there is a Coke store in DS, I would love it if Club Cool disappeared in the wave of change coming to this park. Nothing makes me think of the future more than international coke flavored products, said no one ever.

See, I have to disagree. Maybe it should be located in the WS, but I think it's a fun, refreshing experience.

I know my wife and I both look forward to hitting it each time we go to WDW. You're getting to experience something from other parts of the world, even if it is as trivial as soda, it still is a fun experience.

TiggerDad

See, I have to disagree. Maybe it should be located in the WS, but I think it's a fun, refreshing experience.

I know my wife and I both look forward to hitting it each time we go to WDW. You're getting to experience something from other parts of the world, even if it is as trivial as soda, it still is a fun experience.
And I enjoy it because it is free. :)

ev01

Not sure if mentioned before or not, but with the opening and media blitz of Avatar land, that could be a potential reason for not making any specific announcements about a new transportation option for the park. The gondola system would definitely steal some thunder from Avatar land.

If that's the case an announcement after the end of May sounds about right.

Skyman1971

Not sure if mentioned before or not, but with the opening and media blitz of Avatar land, that could be a potential reason for not making any specific announcements about a new transportation option for the park. The gondola system would definitely steal some thunder from Avatar land.

I'm guessing it's a D23 announcement at this point....

articos

I was at the International Gateway the other day and was trying to picture how the gondola system will enter here.

View attachment 194515

View attachment 194516

From the top photo there is obviously space with pretty much nothing in it for where the gondolas would approach a load/unload area.

The second photo is the one that interests me. I was standing there waiting for the family and was looking at that rise that has the really nice landscaping. I started wondering if any of that would need to be leveled or transformed at all.

This whole area is going to look very different after this system is added.
Friendship dock stays as is. If I remember correctly, the hump across the canal is over an overflow that gives the water a place to dissipate when the launches do their turns. Additions to this area should look quite pretty, taking from the architecture of the existing International Gateway.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

No one outside of big Disney fans cares at all about a new transportation option unless you are staying at a resort where it is an option. It would make zero impact on Avatar and its marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom