Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

As much as I dislike the theme clash with BVS views, I've said before that I think this view works OK. Transitioning from the fantasy world of artificial Hollywood scenic facades to the fantasy alien GOTG tower, isn't nearly as harsh. There is even color coordination going on with the Hyperion facade.

....Until the Trolley goes by. Lol. But depending what what they do with the backlot they should just reroute the Trolley that way if possible. Sounds like Marvel Land is going behind TOT again... and maybe the bus loading area.

Practical Pig

....Until the Trolley goes by. Lol. But depending what what they do with backlot they should just reroute the Trolley that way if possible. Sounds like Marvel Land is going behind TOT again... and maybe the bus loading area.

I seem to remember reading rumor somewhere, maybe a MC update, that Marvel would be going both behind the tower and into some portion of the backlot connected by that narrow strip of backstage between. If I'm not dreaming that, the rumor is old enough that plans could have changed several times since then.

D

Deleted member 107043

As much as I dislike the theme clash with BVS views, I've said before that I think this view works OK. Transitioning from the fantasy world of artificial Hollywood scenic facades to the fantasy alien GOTG tower, isn't nearly as harsh. There is even color coordination going on with the Hyperion facade.

I just whispered "wow" under my breath when I saw the picture. So far I think the overlay is well done, however they must do something soon with Hollywood Land to remedy the poor cohesion throughout the area.

mickEblu

I seem to remember reading rumor somewhere, maybe a MC update, that Marvel would be going both behind the tower and into some portion of the backlot connected by that narrow strip of backstage between. If I'm not dreaming that, the rumor is old enough that plans could have changed several times since then.

Haha no you're not dreaming. I remember reading that too. I think plans may have changed or we just keep hearing different rumors that haven't even been finalized. Who knows?

mickEblu

I just whispered "wow" under my breath when I saw the picture. So far I think the overlay is well done, however they must do something soon with Hollywood Land to remedy the poor cohesion throughout the area.

Wow like good wow or bad wow?

Whatever they do can we agree on no more TL 98 colors and pipes?

D

Deleted member 107043

Wow like good wow or bad wow?

Wow good. I'm not sure, but I think the general public will respond positively to this, and the fantastical/whimsical look reminds me a bit of IASW. Whether this ends up being iconic like that facade or a bust like TL98 is anybody's guess.

Whatever they do can we agree on no more TL 98 colors and pipes?

The color choices and architectural embellishments were likely dictated by the film. Here's a screenshot from GoTG that shows a building reminiscent of MB.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-91.jpg

mickEblu

Wow good. I'm not sure, but I think the general public will respond positively to this, and the fantastical/whimsical look reminds me a bit of IASW. Whether this ends up being iconic like that facade or a bust like TL98 is anybody's guess.

The color choices and architectural embellishments were likely dictated by the film. Here's a screenshot from GoTG that shows a building reminiscent of MB.

The GOTG tower reminds you of IASW? Really?

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-91.jpg

The art looks cool but the GOTG building looks like a cartoon version.

I think the general public will respond positively to the ride. I'm not sure about the exterior. And btw who is the General public really? The majority? Non AP holders? Casual Disney fans?

Californian Elitist

Bear Country was not only the first mini-land, but Disney's first dead end as far as layout goes.
Yes, you went from the rugged frontier to a fantasy wilderness where bears sing, so it wasn't too crazy a transition.
Only Hollywood to Marvel seems about the same- urban setting to fantastical urban setting.

When Breakout opens a simple change in a guide-map would solve so much.

Hmm.... DCA:
D: Disney (Disney owns Marvel)
C: California (While the comics originated in New York, Marvel Studios was born and remains in California.)
A: Adventure (Marvel is synonymous with knitting... I mean bagels... I mean... geez I forget what happens in those films- it's sorta like when a group of people travel far and wide, helping the helpless and fighting wrong doers, getting up to all kinds of shenanegans... it's got action, but I'm blanking on the wider genre...

You're being serious with this response??? Especially the latter part?

sedati

You're being serious with this response??? Especially the latter part?

Not super serious, but I think there's a point to be made. You asked us to ponder how Marvel fits into DCA. It seems obvious you weren't actually looking for an answer- but I figured, why not? I got three for three on the DCA scorecard. To which I then add: Does Buena Vista Street have (A) adventure? As it was announced many debated over how (C) Californian Carsland really was. Is Grizzly Peak all that (D) Disney?

Your recent posts make a lot of mike-drop style definitive statements. With little subtlety or humor you take an awfully harsh stance on not only the land, but those whose opinion differs from yours- opinions you state as obvious facts.

I get that there's issues with this project, as there are with most. I'm personally not at the pitchforks and torches level on this one. Have fun, state your opinion freely, but don't be too surprised when you get alternate responses.

Suspirian

I dont really get the flat excuse since all the towers have the same general shape and still look better than what we have currently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom