Liquor Store walking distance from WDW?

DfromATX

Never heard of such a thing at home and in Florida before. lol Maybe in FL but definitely not in most of Louisiana. Lol ;)

Oh... in Texas that is our law. Figures lol! Actually, that may be for beer and wine only - no liquor at all sold on Sundays in stores, but you can buy alcoholic drinks in restaurants. Someone from Texas can correct me if I'm wrong.

DisneyJoe

We will be staying on the resort without a car. Is there a liquor store walking distance from Disney World that we can go to without paying an arm and a leg? We aren't looking for any expensive liquor, just a six pack of beer to have in the room along with a midnight snack.
All resort gift shops have beer and wine, see this page for a few images (scroll down a bit) http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/coronado-springs/ also http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/old-key-west/

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Oh... in Texas that is our law. Figures lol! Actually, that may be for beer and wine only - no liquor at all sold on Sundays in stores, but you can buy alcoholic drinks in restaurants. Someone from Texas can correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah when visiting some parts of Texas we noticed this. Texas has stricter laws on alcohol and liquor sales than some other states in the south. Some of northern Louisiana has some different local laws too on alcohol sales on Sundays etc. ;)

Tony the Tigger

thomas998

Pour the hard liquor into a old plastic soda bottle and pack it with your checked luggage. Buy soda/mixer there.
I hope that's a joke... I would not suggest every doing that... We've made the unfortunate decision to try and bring liquids in out packed bag to only have said liquid end up everywhere except the container it started out it. Never under estimate the ability of the baggage handlers to cause things to open that shouldn't.... Biggest mistake ever was allowing out daughter to bring some sodas back on a trip because they didn't sell that soft drink where we live... I think out of the 12 cans she packed 4 managed to survive the trip... the rest just managed to soak into everything that was inside the bag... Her suitcase was actually dripping when it came up the conveyor belt at baggage claim.

Big Hair

I fly from Michigan and pack 18 to 24 beers in different size coolers with freezer packs along with a couple bottles of liquor wrapped for gorilla luggage handlers and spread them out amongst the suitcases. I have never had a problem. There is nothing sweeter than getting back from the parks on day 1 and having the magic express luggage delivery already in your room, opening up your suitcase and having a ice cold beer or mixing a cocktail, not having to pay the outrageous price at the resorts. I fly southwest so we have 2 bags per person under the plane for free. I have also used the Hess gas station by the boardwalk, which is really handy if you are staying at Crescent lake resorts, especially Boardwalk.

BackOTheLine

I fly from Michigan and pack 18 to 24 beers in different size coolers with freezer packs along with a couple bottles of liquor wrapped for gorilla luggage handlers and spread them out amongst the suitcases. I have never had a problem. There is nothing sweeter than getting back from the parks on day 1 and having the magic express luggage delivery already in your room, opening up your suitcase and having a ice cold beer or mixing a cocktail, not having to pay the outrageous price at the resorts. I fly southwest so we have 2 bags per person under the plane for free. I have also used the Hess gas station by the boardwalk, which is really handy if you are staying at Crescent lake resorts, especially Boardwalk.

IMG_4333.JPG

Ricap

Original Poster
I never realized it was legal to fly with alcohol in your luggage. Maybe because this will be my first time flying since turning 21, I never really thought about it. Since we're only going for 3 nights and don't need much, I suppose we could try what you did. We are taking Southwest as well, from Connecticut. We're staying at Port Orleans, but arriving early in the morning and not entering the parks until the next day, so we have plenty of time to explore.

Minthorne

I hope that's a joke... I would not suggest every doing that... We've made the unfortunate decision to try and bring liquids in out packed bag to only have said liquid end up everywhere except the container it started out it. Never under estimate the ability of the baggage handlers to cause things to open that shouldn't.... Biggest mistake ever was allowing out daughter to bring some sodas back on a trip because they didn't sell that soft drink where we live... I think out of the 12 cans she packed 4 managed to survive the trip... the rest just managed to soak into everything that was inside the bag... Her suitcase was actually dripping when it came up the conveyor belt at baggage claim.

No joke. Cans on the other hand are a no go. Plastic bottle with screw cap.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
And being this is Florida and the south in general you don't have to go to a "liquor" store to buy alcohol it is available at most resort gift shops, gas stations, grocery stores, Walmart and Targets,etc etc. We are special in the south we can buy it anywhere pretty much. Lol ;)

And soon we'll be able to purchase whiskey at Publix without having to go to the Publix liquor store next door.

I wonder if there are any convenience/ grocery stores in that shopping area across the street from Disney Springs - where the SunTrust is located. Not that I'd want to cross that street on foot....

LAKid53

Premium Member
That is not true. All walmarts, walgreens, etc. do not sell alcohol. You can get wine and beer anywhere; but hard liquor you have to go to a liquor store. And even then, if its at a walmart or publix, its attached not inside the actual store.

In Illinois, I can buy tequila anywhere. I can even get it at the drive through on 95th stony island

Not for much longer if the bill taking down the Liquor Wall in Florida passes in the Legislature...which it looks like it will.

LAKid53

Premium Member
If I remember, the Publix at Lakeside (about 15 minutes from the GF) had a sign at the entrance saying they deliver.....

Here's their number - call them when you arrive: (407) 876-0605

BigRedDad

Without a car and not willing to bring it with you, the resort stores do sell hard liquor in small bottle (not airplane bottles). The price wasn't outrageous for it compared to a beer. I bought a small bottle of rum for about $12-$15. In the liquor store, it would be about $10-$12. On the other hand, a beer is about $3 in the resort store and about $8 for an 8-pack at the gas station.

Bairstow

There's a Speedway across the street behind where the Boardwalk resort is. They should have beer for sale.

It's down on the corner of Epcot Resorts Blvd and Buena Vista Drive, I believe the address is 300 Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

They are open 24/7.

This is probably the best option.
There's another Speedway right in the middle of Property off World Drive at the car care center and rental area. Not easily reached by foot, though, but if you're staying at a Magic Kingdom resort an Uber ride there and back would be a lot quicker than taking a Disney bus to the Boardwalk (and the necessary bus connections to do that) and hoofing it.

1000 Car Care drive.

They have a decent beer selection and their prices aren't outrageous. I got some Kona Longboard there last September after dropping of my rented Jetta.

homerdance

We will be staying on the resort without a car. Is there a liquor store walking distance from Disney World that we can go to without paying an arm and a leg? We aren't looking for any expensive liquor, just a six pack of beer to have in the room along with a midnight snack.
I would suggest that you look at your resort gift shop/quick service to see what they get for a beer. If you are only looking at a 6 pack, the extra cost to just buy it at the resort won't be that much, and surely not worth the extra time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom