News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Princess Leia

I'm all for attractions that fill the existing empty spaces at other pavilions...

or is there one in the UK area that I'm unaware of?
Bringing out the maps again.
upload_2017-1-24_10-39-24-png.185847

upload_2017-1-24_10-47-49-png.185849

The Food and Wine storage sort of makes it a little tricky, but it's not like they can't tear some of it down on Plot 7, or build the attraction in the tree-filled area between Plot 7 and the UK Pavilion.

Katie G

A Mary Poppins ride where the load area is 3/4 of a carousel, and you mount the horses and they break off the carousel and follow the penguins through scenes from the songs of the film...

Admitedly, disabled access needs a bit more thought... and it is really a version of the great movie ride, but...

I had the same vision!!! The disabled could ride in chariots, wheel them right in and let the horses lead. Could be fun!

ToTBellHop

So they fancy Frozen an E-ticket complemented by the C boat ride next door. The version I hear would similarly bring an E to France and something more modest next door while you wait for you Rat FP. I'm all for more balance in WS. I'm aware of an IP concept and a non-IP. Can't share further as it is still early. It could be announced with or after Rat but open before.

All those people arriving at the soon-to-be enlarged International Gateway entrance by boat, gondola, or foot won't have to walk half a mile to find a ride. Phew.

Princess Leia

So they fancy Frozen an E-ticket complemented by the C boat ride next door. The version I hear would similarly bring an E to France and something more modest next door while you wait for you Rat FP. I'm all for more balance in WS. I'm aware of an IP concept and a non-IP. Can't share further as it is still early. It could be announced with or after Rat but open before.

All those people arriving at the soon-to-be enlarged International Gateway entrance by boat, gondola, or foot won't have to walk half a mile to find a ride. Phew.
The balance is much needed, and I'm so glad Disney is pursuing another (probably original) ride for this side of the park.

I think that it's buried in the Ratatouille/France thread, but do you remember where the new country pavilion would potentially go? I want to say it was 4 or 6.

Last edited:

clemmo

They should build a Switzerland pavilion and let the gondola exit in a mountainside chalet at the foot of the Matterhorn.
This! They could also do flume type ride around the mountain. That could be pretty cool instead of the matterhorn coaster since we already have everest at DAK.

Bocabear

This! They could also do flume type ride around the mountain. That could be pretty cool instead of the matterhorn coaster since we already have everest at DAK.
We also already have a flume ride at the Magic Kingdom... so why not another rollercoaster?

P_Radden

Expect the Gondola to assist in a reconfiguration of the backstage area around the UK, Gateway and Showplace.
Based off of this rough sketch it looks like the road will have to be re routed beside World Showplace tent. So I imagine those few small structures will be relocated and the guest areas of IG expanded around the gondola station.

UK&IGplan.png

Kinda sloppy, but you get the idea...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom