Cirque's La Nouba Closing?

AndyS2992

Running for 19 years? Surely they could have waited one more and made it a 20th Anniversary finale year type of thing where they add some little special extras to the show to draw people in and then replace it.

Bolt

Running for 19 years? Surely they could have waited one more and made it a 20th Anniversary finale year type of thing where they add some little special extras to the show to draw people in and then replace it.
Happy 20th - now you're closed! Not sure if it's a celebration if you know you're closing.

AndyS2992

Happy 20th - now you're closed! Not sure if it's a celebration if you know you're closing.
Happens all the time, the Main Street Electrical Parade is having it's homecoming finale celebration right now at Disneyland before it supposedly 'glows away' forever, leaving Tokyo's as the only survivor.

Biff215

But if it's playing to half empty theaters it would be hard to justify another year just to make 20. Plus the other parts of DS are now wrapping up so it seems like the West Side is next.

JeffH

I've seen this show 9 times and always look forward to the next. Each seat offers a different vantage point to enjoy the show differently from. The people with me are amazed by this show, the highlight of their trip. I've seen many of the traveling shows and hope that if they bring one here temporarily it is Saltimbanco, which I've seen twice, and was the closest in quality to La Nouba...and I've never seen a La Nouba show that had empty seats let alone half empty (I generally see the late show)

ryguy

If I was running Disney I would make it a Disney based theater that shows a broadway style show. An original show would be great. With all the new posh restaurants at the Springs you could easily make a dinner and show package. Most people go to Disney to see Disney entertainment, so I think this would be a hit. Also I think changing the show every few years makes more sense than keeping something for 20 years. I enjoyed La Nouba and so did my kids, but I welcome the change.

Bacon

That would be a huge downgrade. Hopefully, if arrogant Disney tries to ruin the show with their brands, Cirque walks out the door.

Considering Saltimbanco closed five years ago, I think the odds of that happening are slim unfortunately :(
First of all Disney could pick something that fits the Cirque theme like Starwars or pirates of the Caribbean plus who said it can't be a Cirque style show. Not Nessarsarly using Cirque but keeping the same stuff in place plus why are you so negative about changing stuff?

OvertheHorizon

If I was running Disney I would make it a Disney based theater that shows a broadway style show. An original show would be great. With all the new posh restaurants at the Springs you could easily make a dinner and show package. Most people go to Disney to see Disney entertainment, so I think this would be a hit. Also I think changing the show every few years makes more sense than keeping something for 20 years. I enjoyed La Nouba and so did my kids, but I welcome the change.
I agree. This is the place to showcase Disney's IP. I could also envision them doing a couple Disney shows in repertoire, so that even if you saw - for example - Beauty and the Beast on your last WDW trip, you could choose to go see Mary Poppins this time. (And it would provide cross marketing for whatever Disney has on Broadway "If you enjoyed this... catch ____ at the New Amsterdam theatre in NYC.") The dinner and show package is another great idea.

PuertoRekinSam

I think Kooza would be a nice fit until a new show opens. Though is there enough space for the Grand Chapiteau at Springs? The lot behind the current theatre is an option, but that'd take out a lot of parking.

That parking lot is slated to be replaced with a third garage, so I doubt they would be willing to halt construction on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom