Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Guess I've only eaten at the Commissary during lunch hours. Order the food, get tray, take back to table. Easy.

So what's this about dinner there--you order, have to sit at a table, and let them bring you your order a long while later? :confused: Also, is there a different menu at dinner?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Guess I've only eaten at the Commissary during lunch hours. Order the food, get tray, take back to table. Easy.

So what's this about dinner there--you order, have to sit at a table, and let them bring you your order a long while later? :confused: Also, is there a different menu at dinner?
Apparently this is recent. There is a difference in the lunch and dinner menus ~ guess the increase in price for dinner includes the "table" service. :rolleyes:

fractal

@Longers will say it's always a perfect day for ice cream. While we agree to an extent, the hot Florida sun and humidity tend to make a melty mess of ice cream pretty quickly.

Today was cloudy. And only 70 degrees. A perfect day to eat ice cream on the Boardwalk!

View attachment 190470

We have read about the ice cream flight (6 flavors, $9.49) and decided we needed to try it!

The limited-time flavor sounded really good to both of us so we got 2 scoops of it.
View attachment 190471

Our other 4 choices were:
View attachment 190472

View attachment 190473

View attachment 190474

View attachment 190475

How cool (literally!) is this......
View attachment 190476

View attachment 190477

The scoops were a generous size and a better value than two single-scoop servings which would have cost us $12. And each flavor was yummy. :hungry:

@Longers, we thought of you again!

View attachment 190478
Just chillin'

As we were leaving, an Ample Hills employee was setting up this menu board. @Tiggerish, had we known float #2 was an option..........:joyfull:

View attachment 190479

looks yummy!

samantha788

Decided to have dinner here. (Thought of you, @samantha788 :)!)

View attachment 190746

At dinner, you place your order at the counter and are given a pager. A CM brings the food to your table. We found this was not necessarily more efficient than taking your tray of food yourself. It was almost 20 minutes after we sat down that we received our food.

We shared the chicken and ribs plate. It was a lot of tasty food.
View attachment 190747

For dessert, an Olaf cupcake ~ chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting. Very yum but very messy ~ I miss being able to peel off the cupcake paper, cut the cupcake in half and eat with a fork. Trying to dig into the wrapper with a fork leads to crumbs flying everywhere. :mad:
View attachment 190748

I took a couple pics of the displays for Drumr.
View attachment 190749

View attachment 190750
Yay!! I've always wanted to try that Olaf cupcake :happy:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Decided to have dinner here. (Thought of you, @samantha788 :)!)

View attachment 190746

At dinner, you place your order at the counter and are given a pager. A CM brings the food to your table. We found this was not necessarily more efficient than taking your tray of food yourself. It was almost 20 minutes after we sat down that we received our food.

We shared the chicken and ribs plate. It was a lot of tasty food.
View attachment 190747

For dessert, an Olaf cupcake ~ chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting. Very yum but very messy ~ I miss being able to peel off the cupcake paper, cut the cupcake in half and eat with a fork. Trying to dig into the wrapper with a fork leads to crumbs flying everywhere. :mad:
View attachment 190748

I took a couple pics of the displays for Drumr.
View attachment 190749

View attachment 190750
Love the Goldfarbs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom