News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

TimeTrip

The third case here is that cabins could be routed through this station from any one leg to another, either with a stop in the middle or with some cabins not stopping and stopping cabins moving down to a lower level where boarding and alighting takes place.

As much as I would love that, well I think we all would, I couldn't find any evidence of such a system. This leads me to believe it will be the simple case... All 3 lines end at CBR south.

Quoting from someone who likely knows more than I do:

Plenty of lifts interline cabins between haul ropes but I know of none that split cabins onto two lines or merge cabins from multiple lines.

https://liftblog.com/2017/02/15/disney-possibly-planning-gondola-network-at-orlando-resort/

Ryanvmcgee

I can't see this even possibly being a air tram(gondola) system. They take an extremely long time to load and unload and you can only have one tram on each line that is required to move at the exact same time as the tram coming the other direction. I can however see this as more of an updated ski lift operation similar to what vail resorts has been installing. Its a non stop ski lift where the capsule are all enclosed. You would have dozens of them running all at the same time. This would basically be an elevated version of the people mover pulled by cables. Disney could add capsules at any time to meet higher demand. Cheap and easy to maintain. But still looks futuristic which is a must for a new version of Disney transportation. View media item 2837View media item 2838View media item 2839

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I can't see this even possibly being a air tram(gondola) system. They take an extremely long time to load and unload and you can only have one tram on each line that is required to move at the exact same time as the tram coming the other direction. I can however see this as more of an updated ski lift operation similar to what vail resorts has been installing. Its a non stop ski lift where the capsule are all enclosed. You would have dozens of them running all at the same time. This would basically be an elevated version of the people mover pulled by cables. Disney could add capsules at any time to meet higher demand. Cheap and easy to maintain. But still looks futuristic which is a must for a new version of Disney transportation. View media item 2837View media item 2838View media item 2839
Doppelmayr does not refer to their reversible aerial tramways as gondolas. You're needlessly confusing terms.

Disney-Trains

If anyone at Disney is listening:

1. Make separate queue lines for each destination.
2. Group all guests going to one destination together in the same gondola.
3. At transfer points use computers to divert the said gondola to the next cable on the line.

This would make the system scalable as transfers become unnecessary - it is therefore future proof as you could expand the system as funds allow. Would make a lot of sense for very little cost increase. It would also save on staffing as there would be less loading and unloading of guests, which requires cast members to assist with.

That is all!

That's exactly what I suggested. I had suggested multiple cars being dispatched together (2-3) for the same destination and then could bypass stations or end up in the Load /unload of the stations they are bound for. While this system would be expensive it would allow for expansion to multiple destinations (springs, Coronado, etc.).

The current confirmation from our resident with knowledge indicates they will be seperate lines with transfers.

Since that would certainly be the cheapest short term that doesn't surprise me.

Ryanvmcgee

That's exactly what I suggested. I had suggested multiple cars being dispatched together (2-3) for the same destination and then could bypass stations or end up in the Load /unload of the stations they are bound for. While this system would be expensive it would allow for expansion to multiple destinations (springs, Coronado, etc.).

The current confirmation from our resident with knowledge indicates they will be seperate lines with transfers.

Since that would certainly be the cheapest short term that doesn't surprise me.

I don't see how any of these stations could possibly be large enough to be a single endpoint for 3 air tram lines. 3 lines would be 6 trams, one going in each direction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't see this even possibly being a air tram(gondola) system. They take an extremely long time to load and unload and you can only have one tram on each line that is required to move at the exact same time as the tram coming the other direction...

This is a gondola project. With multiple enclosed gondolas.

Gondola being the description of the cabin.

Ryanvmcgee

Because you're confusing terms. The southern Caribbean Beach station is where the three lines meet.
I put gondola in parentheses because there were people at the beginning of this thread referring to the reverse tram system as gondolas. Yes this is a gondola system but I just can't see disney making CBR a transfer station.... i mean it is just a hotel after all. You would put your transfer station somewhere where you want a crowd to end up.

lazyboy97o

I put gondola in parentheses because there were people at the beginning of this thread referring to the reverse tram system as gondolas. Yes this is a gondola system but I just can't see disney making CBR a transfer station.... i mean it is just a hotel after all. You would put your transfer station somewhere where you want a crowd to end up.
That's the transfer station. It is what it is. And crowds come and go from the hotels.

alissafalco

Any idea on the size of these? Surely they must be able to fit wheelchairs & scooters?? The little ones they have at ski lifts are too small.

Lift Blog

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom