Ticket Price Increase starts this Sunday!

Cmdr_Crimson

I call it the "aristoCATifying" of America.
tumblr_ohnu6l6rj81vegc5oo1_500.gif

Jon81uk

Expiring unused tickets is so petty
So now you must buy them 60 days ahead if you want FP+ booking, but if for some reason you don't go, now they expire

Just buy tickets at 61 days out then once you know you are going. Also the WDWMagic article states if they expire you can use them as credit towards new tickets at next years higher prices, so you just now have to pay the $30 or whatever it went up by.
It's to stop people hoarding tickets to try and bet against price increases.

mguimond1990

This morning the regular APs were $869 for the "platinum plus" and $779 for the regular "platinum" pass...I could be wrong but I think thats an increase? For some reason im thinking I paid $749 for my AP last november.

MySmallWorldof4

This morning the regular APs were $869 for the "platinum plus" and $779 for the regular "platinum" pass...I could be wrong but I think thats an increase? For some reason im thinking I paid $749 for my AP last november.
Were those prices including tax because allears had 2016 prices as platinum $797.69 with tax and the platinum plus at $882.89.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So with tax the platinum plus would be $925.45 and the platinum at $825.64. Yeesh.

:eek:

Can another drop in attendance but an increase in revenues be expected for the next two quarters?

I think Disney is quickly approaching the tipping point for repeat non-resident guests. $3,300 for tickets for a family of 4 with kids older than 10. There are some pretty nice vacations you can take for less than that. It would be nice to get the figures for the number of non-renewals this year. I realize it's just a $30 increase, but the price just crossed that psychological threshold for some.

Disney is giving the appearance it cares more about attracting the one and done or occasion visitor than the 1 to 2 times a year visitor. I honestly don't know of any major US Corp that would think this logic is sound.

I bought FL resident weekday passes for Universal in 2011 that were $199. Just checked the price for a comparable seasonal pass and it's $260. I know Disney has a lot more to offer. But the price for a comparable pass at Uni has only gone up $60 over 6 years. Can't say the same about Disney. And Universal has added new rides...and a new land during that time. And an amazing new water park soon to open. Along with 2 new hotels and another planned. Disney? An expanded Hub, NFL and Frozen. And don't forget DVC. While 2 parks became shadows of their former selfs. To quote The Donald, Sad!

I'll still go. I'm a FL resident and DVC. I've got my hotel set for the next 20-50 years. Won't take as many trips because as rack rates go up, so do the number of points I need each night. I may only get 2 trips a year, instead of 3. But I'm okay with that.

It's the other guests I worry about. The ones that want to make a family vacation to Disney a regular thing. They're quickly being priced out....

As @CTC stated, this is capitalism...

ToTBellHop

Those are huge increases on multi-day tickets. Looks like they are trying to get the per day average price up. Starting at the 5 day ticket, it's a $60 increase. That's nuts.

Also, the fact the tickets expire at the end of the year is a joke. What a carppy move.
Yeah those multiday increases are totes cray. Happy I took advantage of that 13-month AP in the fall that I won't activate til August.

LAKid53

Premium Member
This is almost becoming comical... Except it's not really funny.

It's penny wise and pound foolish. Disney is making it more and more difficult for a segment of the market to attend. Dumb.

Once you've lost them, will they return? Will Pandora, SWL & TSL be enough to get them back in 2 years if by that time a regular AP is over $1000 for a non-resident guest? If a 5 day MYE ticket costs $600?

MySmallWorldof4

:eek:

Can another drop in attendance but an increase in revenues be expected for the next two quarters?

I think Disney is quickly approaching the tipping point for repeat non-resident guests. $3,300 for tickets for a family of 4 with kids older than 10. There are some pretty nice vacations you can take for less than that. It would be nice to get the figures for the number of non-renewals this year. I realize it's just a $30 increase, but the price just crossed that psychological threshold for some.

Disney is giving the appearance it cares more about attracting the one and done or occasion visitor than the 1 to 2 times a year visitor. I honestly don't know of any major US Corp that would think this logic is sound.

I bought FL resident weekday passes for Universal in 2011 that were $199. Just checked the price for a comparable seasonal pass and it's $260. I know Disney has a lot more to offer. But the price for a comparable pass at Uni has only gone up $60 over 6 years. Can't say the same about Disney. And Universal has added new rides...and a new land during that time. And an amazing new water park soon to open. Along with 2 new hotels and another planned. Disney? An expanded Hub, NFL and Frozen. And don't forget DVC. While 2 parks became shadows of their former selfs. To quote The Donald, Sad!

I'll still go. I'm a FL resident and DVC. I've got my hotel set for the next 20-50 years. Won't take as many trips because as rack rates go up, so do the number of points I need each night. I may only get 2 trips a year, instead of 3. But I'm okay with that.

It's the other guests I worry about. The ones that want to make a family vacation to Disney a regular thing. They're quickly being priced out....

As @CTC stated, this is capitalism...
We are currently in PA but plan on moving to FL within the next year or 2, so will forward to resident pricing at some point. Right now we have one AP to take advantages of the perks. We are going in May and got a great deal through Parksavers for the 5 without AP. But we want to go in July to celebrate my DD15 for her 16th bday. Then want to go in May next year. We will upgrade the other 5 to AP's. We will upgrade to the end of the trip. Will the exp. date on the tickets be the day one year from the upgrade or a year from the original tickets first use? Any idea.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We are currently in PA but plan on moving to FL within the next year or 2, so will forward to resident pricing at some point. Right now we have one AP to take advantages of the perks. We are going in May and got a great deal through Parksavers for the 5 without AP. But we want to go in July to celebrate my DD15 for her 16th bday. Then want to go in May next year. We will upgrade the other 5 to AP's. We will upgrade to the end of the trip. Will the exp. date on the tickets be the day one year from the upgrade or a year from the original tickets first use? Any idea.

Which tickets are you referring to? The APs? I believe when you convert regular tickets to an AP, they give you $$ credit for the unused portion of the ticket and apply that towards the cost of your AP. Your expiration date for the AP would then be the date you did this, since you're most likely going to be at GS and they will activate the pass then.

NearTheEars

Well, looks like our silver level Fla. APs went from $389 to $419 (tax not included).
Not a deal breaker yet, but obviously not too happy.

Those multiday ticket price hikes though. Yikes.
Being local, I've never taken a true vacation to WDW, and we don't have kids. But I can't even imagine I'd ever consider a full week stay, on property with a family of four.

At these prices, I think a lot of families may transition to just one or two day visits, then head to the beach.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
In the last 7 years, the price of a 5 day ticket (non park hopper) has risen from $230, to $415. That is a $185 increase over 7 years.

Going back to the 1990's and using a 7 year time scale, the price of a 5 day ticket in 1992 was $162. In 7 years, it rose to $199 by 1999. That is an increase of $37 over 7 years.

Using a 7 year time scale in the early 2000's, a 5 day park hopper rose from $206 to $246 between 2000 - 2007. So in 7 years, it increased $40. And those prices are for Park Hoppers!

From 1992-2007: The price of a 5 day ticket went from $162 in 1992, up to$246 in 2007. In those 25 years the cost increased only $84. But in the last 7 years it has jumped $185! Am I crazy, or is that just insane?

I was using AllEars for pricing info.

Lets Respect

Just buy tickets at 61 days out then once you know you are going. Also the WDWMagic article states if they expire you can use them as credit towards new tickets at next years higher prices, so you just now have to pay the $30 or whatever it went up by.
It's to stop people hoarding tickets to try and bet against price increases.

Oh ok. That's cool if you can use them as a credit. We often have to reschedule or cancel way closer than 60 days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom