Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bhg469

There's good reason this ride is LPS.
As long as it isnt to spin around at random times or dance with other vehicles.. Is this technology able to go up and down? for example if haunted mansion had these vehicls, would the elevation changes be possible?

CaptainAmerica

Errrr not really!
roomba.gif

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They mentioned TSL will open in 2018 which leads me to believe they really stripped that land down compared to what was originally planned.
Wasn't 2018 always the target for TSL? Why would TSL opening in 2018 need to be a striped down version? It has no major indoor show buildings or elaborate rock work and the rides are using fairly common technology. I would think it could be built in a year or less. They already removed some stuff from the original concept art. I don't see a need to strip it further to finish in a year.

csmat99

Wasn't 2018 always the target for TSL? Why would TSL opening in 2018 need to be a striped down version? It has no major indoor show buildings or elaborate rock work and the rides are using fairly common technology. I would think it could be built in a year or less. They already removed some stuff from the original concept art. I don't see a need to strip it further to finish in a year.
Do I need to bring up
rapunzel-restrooms-overview.jpg

rushtest4echo

You haven't seen the plans for Alcatraz then?

Pretty sure I've been saying 2019 for quite a long time now. With DL around 4-6 months earlier.

Sorry Martin, I wasn't trying to specifically single you out with regards to the timeline. Iger's mention doesn't convince me that the timeline has been finalized anyway- or at least it doesn't convince me that they'll actually finish on time regardless of the timetables. I've frankly never cared about construction timetables, it's doesn't really interest me beyond refuting all of the nonsense here when people compare a $20m Universal hack job screen ride vs. Disney's $20m multiyear restrooms. :) Stuff opens when it opens and I'll book a flight or plan a trip when I know it's going to be open. Frankly I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for Efteling to firm up an opening date for Symbolica to see if we can ride that this summer (an announcement was made but given their issues with getting stuff open on time- or even in the same year).

With regards to Alcatraz, you and I both know that the Falcon ride is far more reliant on screens and that parts of Alcatraz are going to take forever. Imagine building two Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey rides at the same time as you're building two gringotts rides that have transformers elements thrown in- then toss in a couple hundred animatronics. If the figures are all going to be electrical ones, is anyone besides Disney equipped to build/maintain them? Do they even have the workforce to pump out a few animatronics a week (which is what's needed if everything's going to be done in 2.5 years).

Between the four rides being built at the same time, the number of vehicles, robots, and other components has got to be epic. And to think they wanted to do 4 SWL's at the same time originally.

Last edited:

britain

Micechat also reported that there will be walking sections within the ride.

Right, like is the report of plenty of animatronics just as erroneous as the "getting out of your vehicle" stuff, and really it's all screens (with many nice sets)? Or will there be plenty of animatronics in addition to lots of screens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom