New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It's the full show as it is now. There were some changes made from the earlier cast previews that reduced the run time by a few minutes.

Gotcha. The site that must not be named commented on the periscope saying "wow that's it?" basically implying a significant amount was cut from the show.

It was my understanding that one reasons for the cuts was that CM feedback said parts of the show were dragging on too long - any truth to that?

FigmentJedi

Watched the periscope..was that the full show or was it just a preview? Cuz if what they showed was the actual finale then that is pretty lackluster
The vertical aspect ratio with comment streams doesn't really do a show with this many moving elements that many favors.

I'm more surprised at how much the "Parade of the Animal Spirits" section got shaved down.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Yeah, not sure how I feel about the ending, but not sure what else could be done... guess I'll have to wait to see it in person...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Gotcha. The site that must not be named commented on the periscope saying "wow that's it?" basically implying a significant amount was cut from the show.

It was my understanding that one reasons for the cuts was that CM feedback said parts of the show were dragging on too long - any truth to that?
The cast preview version was 18mins, and I believe it is now at around 15. The cuts are relatively minor.

180º

The vertical aspect ratio with comment streams doesn't really do a show with this many moving elements that many favors.

I'm more surprised at how much the "Parade of the Animal Spirits" section got shaved down.
Me too. I thought that was one of the more visually interesting parts of the show, and I loved the full segment on the accidentally-released soundtrack.

Also:
@prfctlyximprct LOL

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 6.05.32 PM.png

RMichael21

The first CM preview had no pyro
Yeah, I know.

I mean, more than just fire. Fire's cool, but something that has a relative 'bang' (not the sound, just the effect) to it. Because fire's used before the final moment, it doesn't have quite the wow factor another effect would have.

Magic Feather

While the finale is more... subtle than those of most WDW spectaculars, IMO it reaches the level of what it needs. I can see how sone can find it dissapointing, but it is important to note that the shiw wasn't meant to be in your face, but rather elegant and grand. I think it accomplishes its job, but with the hype that has gone into the anticipation, it lacks what some need.

prfctlyximprct

Animal kingdom is the most beautifully detailed theme park in all of the world. And it's not the snack you in the face sort of details, it's the subtle charms that are constantly discovered with each additional visit. I cried watching Rivers of Light on my iPad as comments scrolled over the lotus flowers and the screen was held vertically. I CRIED. It's perfect. I hope it opens once and for all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom