New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

El_Tomato

IMG_1309.jpg
IMG_1310.JPG

I'm literally dying of exciment rn

doctornick

Isn't the whole reason they need ROL up and running now is so they can have time to get crowd control worked out before adding people walking to Avataland for the night?

Perhaps not crowd control in the sense of moving people in and out, but there's probably some real benefit to having RoL debut and run for a while to satiate the locals/bloggers/APers collective appetite for the show such that when Pandora opens, their collective attention will be on that land. DAK is going to have an attendance bump from Pandora and it will be good if not all of those people are trying to do (and get FP+ for) both Pandora and RoL. This would allow the RoL demand to die down a bit in the interim.

ToTBellHop

Perhaps not crowd control in the sense of moving people in and out, but there's probably some real benefit to having RoL debut and run for a while to satiate the locals/bloggers/APers collective appetite for the show such that when Pandora opens, their collective attention will be on that land. DAK is going to have an attendance bump from Pandora and it will be good if not all of those people are trying to do (and get FP+ for) both Pandora and RoL. This would allow the RoL demand to die down a bit in the interim.
Perhaps part of the thinking is that people will need to choose how to spend their evening hours since you cannot do everything. If guests are split between RoL, the nighttime festivities in Discovery Island/Africa, the Safari, and Pandora at night, it might work out. Tine will tell. Hopefully the other offerings end up being more compelling than the nighttime Safari, which was a one-and-done for me.

RMichael21

This should be interesting. Honestly, it's gotten to the point where I'm just going to assume that a barge will sink or whatever because everything that could have gone wrong with this show went wrong, haha. :rolleyes::D

I'm keeping my expectations low when it comes to how this goes. Like, as low as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom