Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well... you can do full basements in Florida, it just requires pretty robust water proofing the expense of which makes building up much less expensive.
Thought so. Plenty of EPCOT Center was built with below actual grade areas, the hub main utilidor is too. To name a few.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thought so. Plenty of EPCOT Center was built with below actual grade areas, the hub main utilidor is too. To name a few.
It is a lot more common in commercial construction as the cost is often offset by the fact that the building actually makes money..

The same is not true in residential. With your typical house you run into situation like building a 2200 square foot 2 story for $200k or the exact same total square footage house with a basement for $250k making the choice obvious for the average home buyer.

About the only time you see them in residential in Florida is when building into the side of a hill or the homeowner has a lot of money, wants more square footage and it up against a height restriction. I currently have a plan on my desk that has 7600 square feet living space in the 2 floors above ground and a 3900 square foot full basement.

MrHappy

Just certain building orientation and placement. For example I believe the Falcon in Orlando will have its queue and preshow integrated within a slightly different shaped single building.
Just certain building orientation and placement. For example I believe the Falcon in Orlando will have its queue and preshow integrated within a slightly different shaped single building.

I find it odd that the Falcon entrance/queue in DL is off to the side, away from the "centerpiece" which is the Falcon parked in front. I could be wrong but the map seems to indicate this. So are you suggesting that when entering the queue/preshow at DHS, you'd at least past by the Falcon? That would make much more sense. Thanks.

Next Big Thing

I find it odd that the Falcon entrance/queue in DL is off to the side, away from the "centerpiece" which is the Falcon parked in front. I could be wrong but the map seems to indicate this. So are you suggesting that when entering the queue/preshow at DHS, you'd at least past by the Falcon? That would make much more sense. Thanks.
I may be wrong but it looks like you do enter at the center and then the inside queue takes you off to the side.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't remember say it was ahead. Tied possibly.

Toy Story Land is already going vertical which means all the necessary construction equipment is in place so that puts Florida in the lead. Plus Florida does not have a railroad to reconfigure and work around.

The tortoise passes the hare.

DHS is still behind DL, but at least DHS is moving forward now.

jt04

Seriously JT - why even say such a thing when you know there is digital evidence all over the place showing your previously claims of crap?

One instance of me being overly optimistic should not illicit such an attack. I think that proves it is very much the exception. And our version is picking up speed. My optimism has not diminished that we are at least closer than many think.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One instance of me being overly optimistic should not illicit such an attack. I think that proves it is very much the exception. And our version is picking up speed. My optimism has not diminished that we are at least closer than many think.

Then instead of saying "I don't remember saying that", you should have been honest and said "Yes, I know I said that in the past, but it appears I was being overly optimistic."

spresso81

I would assume they are putting the Falcon and more of the queue inside in Florida due to the rain and heat in Florida being a bigger concern than SoCal. So this makes sense.

I think walking past the Falcon in a fake hanger would be pretty cool as well.

jt04

Then instead of saying "I don't remember saying that", you should have been honest and said "Yes, I know I said that in the past, but it appears I was being overly optimistic."

Actually I did NOT remember saying that. But thanks for assuming otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom