Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

Cut labor costs? They don't have to take as many breaks too probably. It's just a rumor. I'm sure they are working on a ton of interactive stuff for this land. What all goes through who knows.

I feel like an AA wookie would make more sense as scenery -- like inside a window of a store, in a booth in a restaurant, on a second (not guest accessible) level of a building -- where the character could be there and move on a regular basis to offer "show". A walk around AA that would look natural and effective (versus a person in a suit) strikes me as being too complex to be worth the effort and cost.

That said, I could buy the idea of an AA face being worn by a human actor in the rest of the suit to provide authenticity to a walk around character.

I feel like AAs in the land would make most sense for characters that are not humanoid (astromech droids, aliens with different limbs, etc) rather than stuff that could be done with more practical efforts.

Mike S

I feel like an AA wookie would make more sense as scenery -- like inside a window of a store, in a booth in a restaurant, on a second (not guest accessible) level of a building -- where the character could be there and move on a regular basis to offer "show". A walk around AA that would look natural and effective (versus a person in a suit) strikes me as being too complex to be worth the effort and cost.

That said, I could buy the idea of an AA face being worn by a human actor in the rest of the suit to provide authenticity to a walk around character.

I feel like AAs in the land would make most sense for characters that are not humanoid (astromech droids, aliens with different limbs, etc) rather than stuff that could be done with more practical efforts.
Isn't an AA face pretty much how it's done for the movies?

Disneyhead'71

It's a shame it's an ineffiecnt use of the available space but hey. Alcatraz should be in the top ten of worlds best rides.
SWE and Pandora are egregious in acres:attraction ratio. But TSL takes the cake. 2 low capacity, height restricted attractions on 11 acres and cost $250+Million.

Really? Who approved this pile of horse pucky.

Princess Leia

16179286_1396363327081931_4865542756756011519_o.jpg

Just got a title for Episode VIII

BrianLo

It's a shame it's an ineffiecnt use of the available space but hey. Alcatraz should be in the top ten of worlds best rides.

Precisely. It's only a true "waste of space" if the end result isn't quality. It's "inefficient" if there is a lack of quantity. More problematic from a menu perspective for DHS, which barely has anything on the menu to begin with.

Rivers of America is an inefficient use of space, but absolutely vital to the atmosphere of all the castle parks it occupies. In no way is it a "waste of space".

Stacking 4 garbage attractions on a single acre is a waste of space, but efficient.

There probably will be no better case series of inefficiency and quality differentials than Toy Story versus Star Wars.

PorterRedkey

I don't think more needs to be read into the title. It's referring to Luke. That was obvious. I'm sure it could mean other things but it was meant to be about Luke. I like the title though.
I like it too, I am just saying that doesn't mean Rey or anyone else couldn't be a Jedi.

I think it is one of those titles that will mean one thing before the movie starts and another after it ends. We'll see. Can't wait to find out! :hungry:

Last edited:

Cesar R M

So, similar to the AA on the windows at Harry Potter's (Univesal Studios) ?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is there still a Phase 3 planned for HS? I remember reading about rumblings of a possible phase 3 but haven't read much since

The rumored phase 3 either didn't exist or was just referring to piecemeal updates like Mickey Ride replacing TGMR. Insiders know of no 3rd "Land"... or they're not sayin'.

flyerjab

Not that I mind spending Iger's money, but if all they do is add SWL and TSL, while sprucing up other areas of the park, well that is a disappointment. I think that the park will feel weird, especially Animation Courtyard and the Indiana Jones areas. Certain sections of this park will be incredible, with others seeming oddly underwhelming. Kind of how USF feels. Specific areas are great, but other parts of that park are just not that good. The differences in quality from one section of USF to the next is striking at times.

I can understand that short and maybe mid term plans have changed for DHS - especially that it now seems as though everyone's sights are set on building out Epcot - but long range there will probably be more changes made. Who knows though? As I have learned following these forums the past 5 years or so, WDW plans are forever in flux. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens with a changing of the guard after Iger departs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom