New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Rteetz

Rivers of naps according to Mousesteps

https://twitter.com/mousesteps/status/823020786147610624

IMG_0642.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Blog Mickey just released a video on some lighting, projection and water screen testing. Not sure if this is of any real importance, though.
What really caught my eye was some sort of countdown clock that is projected onto the boat at roughly 0:46 seconds. Does anyone know what that could be?

The clock is timecode. Minutes, seconds and frames traditionally. Usually used to sync a show together / part of a video that won't be seen in the show.

IMFearless

I know there have been technical problems with this, but does anyone else feel like Disney might have left this on the back burner so to speak, what with the slightly softer than usual attendance through the fall.

I think it was originally planned to pull crowds over to AK through the busy summer months and once they missed that opening they don't have the same rush.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait for Avatar to open before this comes online at this point.

El_Tomato

IMG_1239.JPG
Random question for those who have seen the show: are these guys actually in the large lotus barge? (I know this is one of the early concept arts, so things have probably changed a lot since then)

Delgado

Longtime lurker making my first post because I haven't seen this mentioned: any possibility of the ROL opening lining up with the filming of The View in Animal Kingdom the week of March 5th? Seems like a good promo opportunity. (our spring break trip - crossing our fingers!)

This was actually my first thought when I heard they were filming there. It makes sense that they let a show make a big deal about ROL because I think no one is listening to Disney on the matter anymore.

I have been to Disney 3 times for different trips since they were supposed to open. We are contemplating a trip march 4 for a few days. Hmmmm.... the wheels are turning again

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have the opposite feeling actually. With all the technical difficulties, delays and cuts from the show my expectation bar has fallen into the middle to low range at this point. If it were being delayed due to plussing out the show I would probably feel different but...:cautious:
Just look through this thread. The fan base anticipation is like a rollercoaster ride. Hopes raised. Hopes dashed. Every glimmer of opening hope is jumped on.

And that's a problem due to the reasons you posted. It has to deliver. But will it? Or will anything after such a long wait be accepted as the best possible?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom