Disney After Hours returns to the Magic Kingdom at new lower pricing

Kman101

Someone is claiming that the surveys they have taken are skewed, so I just asked why they think that....

Gotcha. I've missed some pages and some posts in the thread to be honest. I don't think they deliberately change a survey to suit their means (as far as I know, but who knows? Maybe they do?). I'd like to hear some actual examples though. My experience is that depending on how you answer, it leads to other questions or it doesn't. And it depends on how you answer. It's all a little skewed but I see what you were asking for now.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm the someone and I have had Disney surveys that have had no negative answers to select, but I guess according to some people I'm a liar for reporting my personal experience. I guess it's because I don't belong to DVC.

So what what was the range of options to select then? I'm not calling you a liar. Just trying to understand why you came to your conclusion about their surveys.

SorcererMC

There are literally pictures on page 14 of this thread that show that Disney is skewing their surveys positive (which has been corroborated on these boards long before the subject came up in this thread), and I have offered an explanation on page 15 - an explanation which anyone with or without a background in survey methodology or data analysis should understand.

As for Disney's surveys, they fall a bit short of meeting the standards for valid market research (http://www.marketingresearch.org/issues-policies/mra-code-marketing-research-standards), which means that they are being used to some other end.

But, please, carry on....ideally about the After Hours event.

Last edited:

Kman101

Anywho ... so how about this blatant money grab?

I admit less waiting and less crowds would be appealing but still not for that price point. I could put that $ to better use, towards a Weekday Select pass that gives me parking and blocks me from the absolute busiest times when I won't be there anyway. It's all about what someone finds a value in but there's no denying this is a blatant cash grab under the ruse of offering a better experience for their guests. How about adding more capacity to the parks to help with the crowding? How about fixing the transportation system instead of offering Express Transportation (which I don't have that much of an issue with, it's that they are letting their other modes of transport rot and aren't doing much to fix them is why it bothers me)? How about not closing Epcot at 9 sharp (give or take)?

They could be doing so much more to improve guest satisfaction but that's not what it's really about. It's about making a quick buck and they're running the place like it could go out of business tomorrow.

jakeman

There are literally pictures on page 14 of this thread that show that Disney is skewing their surveys positive (which has been corroborated on these boards long before the subject came up in this thread), and I have offered an explanation on page 15 - an explanation which anyone with or without a background in survey methodology or data analysis should understand.

As for Disney's surveys, they fall a bit short of meeting the standards for valid market research (http://www.marketingresearch.org/issues-policies/mra-code-marketing-research-standards), which means that they are being used to some other end.

But, please, carry on....ideally about After Hours event.
There is a huge difference between skewing results (what the picture can be interpreted as) and not allowing negative feedback (what @ford91exploder and @Bandini are stating yet unable to provide proof of).

Bandini

So what what was the range of options to select then? I'm not calling you a liar. Just trying to understand why you came to your conclusion about their surveys.
One I can remember was about FP+. But, I can't remember all of the options.
  • FP+ allowed me more flexibility in how I chose to spend my day
  • I spent less time waiting in line due to FP+, etc.
  • FP+ increased my excitement about my upcoming WDW trip
As I have said, I didn't take screen shots so all I can do is try to remeber the types of answers that I was able to select from. Even though I didn't take screen shots, I know for sure that "FP+ is lousy" was not a selection.

Bandini

Anyway, I wonder if this After Hour eventis offered at a low enough price point to attract people. I think AP holders might be interested, but I find it hard to believe that a family on an annual vacation will want to pay extra for this.

Kman101

If it was cheaper than a one day ticket I think it would be a much bigger selling point. Even with a ticket to the Halloween or Christmas party is now almost on par with a one day ticket but with that you get exclusive entertainment, meet and greets, and access to the park at 4pm. That's a lot of time. Not to mention free candy or free cookies. Small things but they matter.

If management actually cared they'd do more for their AP holders. But they don't. They used to combine AP/DVC events but now it seems they just care about DVC.

So guess who now has no pass to Disney but just reupped for Universal?

Laketravis

As for Disney's surveys, they fall a bit short of meeting the standards for valid market research (http://www.marketingresearch.org/issues-policies/mra-code-marketing-research-standards), which means that they are being used to some other end....

Brings to mind one of my college professors years ago: "Tell me the answer you are looking for and I'll show you the questions to ask".

Anywho ... so how about this blatant money grab?....

Which one? :)

homerdance

So has anyone actually experienced this? Sorry if I missed a post that included an actual review of it that was buried in the discussion about it.

Bandini

If you are going no matter what, I'd pay $360 before I would pay $480.
Wouldn't that depend on the amount of time this event would give you vs a regular day? Also, wouldn't it depend on what a family was interested in doing, since some rides and M&G's aren't available?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is how my wife shops.
Proud as punch she got essentially a free ticket not realizing the free ticket cost $360.
Haha. Same here. My wife bought a sun dress the other day for $240. I saw the price and told her she was crazy (mind you she had already paid for it), but her reasoning was that it was on sale from $280 so it was a "good deal". I could only laugh. Of course she knows how to work me though. She immediately said, "I can wear this at Disney and be comfortable". I thought to myself, "seems legit", and all of the sudden her crazy expensive dress made sense to me, haha.

Darth Vader RPh

I just came back from an 8 day trip to WDW with 2 of my buddies. We attended the Disney After Hours event this past Friday and honestly, it was probably the highlight of the trip. One of the guys is an annual pass holder and he got all of our tickets which cost us about $94 each. Sure we spent $94 for an extra 3 hours of park time, but it was fantastic to literally be able to walk on to any ride we wanted. A cast member told us there were less than 1,000 people in the park and that seemed pretty accurate. After spending the whole week being surrounded by Brazilian tour groups it was quite a nice change of pace. If you want to be able to knock out almost every ride in the park in a very short period of time After Hours is a no brainer. That being said, you definitely don't get the full park experience...it's all about the rides. We had already spent 3 full days at MK so that wasn't a big deal for us.

Disneymom201

I just came back from an 8 day trip to WDW with 2 of my buddies. We attended the Disney After Hours event this past Friday and honestly, it was probably the highlight of the trip. One of the guys is an annual pass holder and he got all of our tickets which cost us about $94 each. Sure we spent $94 for an extra 3 hours of park time, but it was fantastic to literally be able to walk on to any ride we wanted. A cast member told us there were less than 1,000 people in the park and that seemed pretty accurate. After spending the whole week being surrounded by Brazilian tour groups it was quite a nice change of pace. If you want to be able to knock out almost every ride in the park in a very short period of time After Hours is a no brainer. That being said, you definitely don't get the full park experience...it's all about the rides. We had already spent 3 full days at MK so that wasn't a big deal for us.
Were you able to get in prior to 7pm? We are going 2/16 & have a reservation at O'Hanas at 3:35. Thought to spend a little time visiting the resorts on the monorail & heading to MK a bit after 6:00 with hopes to get in a little early.
This will be our only MK visit this trip. So excited to do this party

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom