DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Cmdr_Crimson

I noticed most of these things when I rode last week. I also noticed that the pterodactyl did not move. Why can they not get that thing working correctly?

Otherwise, the ride is in better shape then I can recall it being in for many years.

Shame they couldn't even just make the wings flap...Unless it was just a Static Dino...

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Shame they couldn't even just make the wings flap...Unless it was just a Static Dino...
It's on its track, but was just stationary at one end. Throws the timing off, too, as the audio (computer voice warning) is synced as of the thing is moving. When it's not, you get a warning, and then about three seconds later pass under a stationary figure with poor lighting.

peter11435

It's on its track, but was just stationary at one end. Throws the timing off, too, as the audio (computer voice warning) is synced as of the thing is moving. When it's not, you get a warning, and then about three seconds later pass under a stationary figure with poor lighting.
It was turned off and deleted from the show nearly two decades ago.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any idea why that one is so hard to get working? A four-month refurb seems like it should have been long enough to fix a fairly simple slide along a track physical effect.
Moving prop above the ride envelope with no secondary failsafe.

Though said failsafe could be added if it was really wanted. Heck, they could always swap it for a projection.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Moving prop above the ride envelope with no secondary failsafe.

Though said failsafe could be added if it was really wanted. Heck, they could always swap it for a projection.
Ah...if it breaks, it falls on people. Secondary failsafe wouldn't be that hard to add, I agree. And let's not add more projections, thank you.

They could at least have changed the audio so it doesn't say "INCOMING" when there is nothing incoming at all.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Rename it back to Countdown to Extinction. Or Dinosaur (not all caps). I hate names with all caps. So glad that Steve changed his forum name from WDWMAGIC to wdwmagic a little while back.

Oh, the refurbished ride? This is an area where I find it tough for me to comment, since I don't really remember what the effects were like before the refurb or originally. I watched the video and nothing looks noticeably wrong to me, except one Dino that went disco-yeti. Overall, looks good.

A lot of people were expecting a Megadeth type Rock and Roller coaster ride when it was named Countdown to Extinction -

Countdown_album_cover.jpg

Of course the titular song fits in perfectly with DAK's theme even featuring a woman with an unnecessarily foreign accent (similar to the Living Seas old deluge audio) saying, "One hour from now another species of lifeform will disappear from the face of the planet forever and the rate is accelerating." Actually, the rest of the lyrics tie in so well with DAK that the misunderstanding makes perfect sense. :lookaroun

Tiny Arms

Just wanted to add that I finally got to experience Dinosaur on the 8th - three times in a row with little wait, haha!
I hadn't been on in soooo long that I forgot just how MASSIVE the animatronics are. Everything looked fantastic, especially the new compy projections. I had the biggest smile on my face during the ride :D
Happy to have Dinosaur back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom