working out for Disney

Goofyernmost

OK, for you turkey burger doubters, here is today's lunch. Turkey burger topped with sauteed onions, peppers, cheese and hot sauce, served with a wedge of cabbage drizzled with Italian dressing and dusted with black pepper. Less than 500 calories and about 8 grams of carbs. Tasty.

View attachment 184163
I had a strange thing happen with Turkey. I loved and still do, Roast Turkey. So for quite a while I did use ground Turkey for Chili, an occasional Turkey burger, etc., then all of a sudden it all started to taste weird to me. Not awful, just not enjoyable. I'm not sure why, it just did, so I avoid it now. I'm trying my best to make sure that I have multiple reasons for my death. I don't want to spend my life avoiding things only to find out I'm going to die anyway. :hungover::joyfull:

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I had a strange thing happen with Turkey. I loved and still do, Roast Turkey. So for quite a while I did use ground Turkey for Chili, an occasional Turkey burger, etc., then all of a sudden it all started to taste weird to me. Not awful, just now enjoyable. I'm not sure why, it just did, so I avoid it now. I'm trying my best to make sure that I have multiple reasons for my death. I don't want to spend my life avoiding things only to find out I'm going to die anyway. :hungover::joyfull:

I am kinda opposite in that things I used to not like I will now eat. The main example is collard greens. At one time you could not pay me to eat them, now I often do.

epcotisbest

So in sticking with my lower carb effort, tonight I had wings again, this time with a marinated coleslaw using the Citrus Vinaigrette dressing recipe from @Tiggerish It was very tasty and so much lower in fat and calories than if I just made coleslaw with mayo. I am not a grapefruit fan and left that out, and did not do the zest part, but still good.
As I have mentioned several times before, I am often tempted, when my wife is out of town, to just stop by and grab a pizza or hamburger or KFC or something, but I have not done that even once this time.

wings and cabbage.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, for you turkey burger doubters, here is today's lunch. Turkey burger topped with sauteed onions, peppers, cheese and hot sauce, served with a wedge of cabbage drizzled with Italian dressing and dusted with black pepper. Less than 500 calories and about 8 grams of carbs. Tasty.

View attachment 184163

I'll give you a lot of credit for creativity. It looks good.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So in sticking with my lower carb effort, tonight I had wings again, this time with a marinated coleslaw using the Citrus Vinaigrette dressing recipe from @Tiggerish It was very tasty and so much lower in fat and calories than if I just made coleslaw with mayo. I am not a grapefruit fan and left that out, and did not do the zest part, but still good.
As I have mentioned several times before, I am often tempted, when my wife is out of town, to just stop by and grab a pizza or hamburger or KFC or something, but I have not done that even once this time.

View attachment 184192
keep up the great eating:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 LS miles done and my cucumbers and onions are marinating in raw apple cider vinegar. I'll toss some in with my salad at lunch tine. It's in the 40s and going up so my group has decided to go out and walk after being iced in all day yesterday:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: @93boomer,@Goofyernmost, @epcotisbest, @Tiggerish and @Sans Souci pleas keep an eye on the weather for the weekend all of you may get some ice. Sending pixie dust for only rain. Be safe

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was very good if you like a spicy explosion of flavor. I sometimes over do it with peppers, onions, sauce etc...but I prefer over done to boring.

I don't care for hot sauce, per se, but other sauces I do like. I also like various spices (although I'm far from a culinary whiz on that, too).

What appeals to me most about your cooking is that you pair up different things nicely for an overall effect. Even the lettuce drizzled with some light dressing looked appealing, alongside your turkey burger creation..

epcotisbest

Good morning 5 LS miles done and my cucumbers and onions are marinating in raw apple cider vinegar. I'll toss some in with my salad at lunch tine. It's in the 40s and going up so my group has decided to go out and walk after being iced in all day yesterday:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: @93boomer,@Goofyernmost, @epcotisbest, @Tiggerish and @Sans Souci pleas keep an eye on the weather for the weekend all of you may get some ice. Sending pixie dust for only rain. Be safe

No ice here. It is already in the 50s this morning and supposed to reach the 70s for today and tomorrow. Should be a pretty weekend.

epcotisbest

I don't care for hot sauce, per se, but other sauces I do like. I also like various spices (although I'm far from a culinary whiz on that, too).

What appeals to me most about your cooking is that you pair up different things nicely for an overall effect. Even the lettuce drizzled with some light dressing looked appealing, alongside your turkey burger creation..

Thank you. I always appreciate your input and encouragement.

Goofyernmost

I just checked out the long range forecast for the next 10 days for the Raleigh area and it shows nothing below 40 degrees and that is at night. Me thinks your weather forecasters are having a little southern envy. But, I hate to disappoint so sometime this weekend I will throw a handful or two of ice cubes out on the lawn. As a show of sympathy! ;):angelic::devilish::joyfull:

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I just checked out the long range forecast for the next 10 days for the Raleigh area and it shows nothing below 40 degrees and that is at night. Me thinks your weather forecasters are having a little southern envy. But, I hate to disappoint so sometime this weekend I will throw a handful of two of ice cubes out on the lawn. As a show of sympathy! ;):angelic::devilish::joyfull:

Good idea. I will join you in the symbolic effort by tossing a couple of ice cubes out in yard in honor of Figgy.
Now mind you, with temps in the 70s, they probably won't last long, but it is the thought that matters.
Should we alert the media to cover the event? (Anything's gotta be better than that fiasco yesterday.)

Last edited:

epcotisbest

That reminds me of something funny that happened last weekend with our snow and ice.
Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta started doing this thing a few years ago called Snow Mountain. They make snow and spray it out over the little hill there in front of the mountain and have snow tubing, snowman making, etc...
People pay good money to come out and slide down the always melting hill of slippery, cold stuff.
Saturday, Snow Mountain was closed...because of snow. You can't make this stuff up. :eek:

93boomer

Premium Member
No ice here. We may get rain but in the 50s. Much nicer temps than last weekend :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! Great day today in the 60s!! Love these pretty snows that go after a couple of days!!! I am ready for Spring!!! Boo for a long winter. :(
Anyhoo, I am cleaning a bit then getting out for a bit to enjoy the gorgeous sunshine!
Have a wonderful day guys!! :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom