Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have strong doubts it will be open in mid 2019 at DHS. Disneyland yes DHS no. You can just look at Avatar. Looking at the most recent pictures I don't even see how it's going to be open by next summer most likely the fall of 2017. Unless Disney actually speeds up their normal building schedule I can't see SWL opening anytime before 2020.
I have doubts too but that's the period they are currently working to.

csmat99

I have doubts too but that's the period they are currently working to.
The thing I'm most concerned about is Disney being able to pull everything off. It's clear from the rumblings and the rumors that Disney plans on having multiple big projects going on at the same time for the 50th most of which have not been announced. Let's be honest when was the last time WDW was able to work on all these major projects at once and get them all done on time? They can't even get ROL to work and it's been 6-7 months since it was supposed to open. One of reasons why I think TSL will be getting pushed back further so they can make sure SWL opens up. It's already end of 2016. The 50th is less than 5 years away actually 4 years since I'm assuming Disney will start the celebration January of 2021.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's already end of 2016. The 50th is less than 5 years away actually 4 years since I'm assuming Disney will start the celebration January of 2021.

Why would they start the 50th celebration in January 2021? They haven't started any celebration that I'm aware of until the actual anniversary date, so the 50th shouldn't start until October 1, 2021.

drizgirl

Why would they start the 50th celebration in January 2021? They haven't started any celebration that I'm aware of until the actual anniversary date, so the 50th shouldn't start until October 1, 2021.

To milk as much out of it as possible?

I think we've already seen that Disney is willing to try things they haven't tried before if there's more cash to be had.

csmat99

Why?
200.gif

Bocabear

and let's face it...Toy Story Land is the most unambitious, retreaded lame idea ever...a double spinner moderate theming, a family coaster and a lot of fiberglass crap. With two years since it's announcement it should have been long finished and open. They know DHS is the lowest ride count of any Disney park worldwide but still they drag their feet on making anything happen there....

Goofnut1980

From the rumblings I have heard (friends being CM's) that Paint The Night will be the 50th parade for MK. Nothing will be made or brought to light before then. 5 more years with no nighttime parade.

brb1006

From the rumblings I have heard (friends being CM's) that Paint The Night will be the 50th parade for MK. Nothing will be made or brought to light before then. 5 more years with no nighttime parade.
I still find the PTN coming to WDW to be bull until we get official news in the future.

Magic Feather

This isn't right or wrong. At this point, unless guest surveys really show a negative impact, we won't get a new night parade (night FoF is on the table, but not being pursued) until the 50th. One proposal was for it to be PtN but the overwhelming majority is looking towards a new, custom parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom