AVATAR land construction progress

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are plenty of great 3-4 minute rides but those rides also tend to be "faster." A 3-4 minute boat ride does seem out of the ordinary but I'll wait on this. You never know.

There is a blueprint that shows the ride path for NRJ. If he wanted a longer ride he has every right to be disappointed.
The blueprint also called the ride a C ticket. How many C ticket rides are longer than 4 mins? It really shouldn't be too much of a surprise that the ride isn't longer.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
i feel pretty comfortable in saying the ride has been plussed since those leaked blue prints and its more of a D ticket now
I agree it seems more in line with a D although I'm not sure if it was plussed or the original C ticket label was just erroneously added before the plans were leaked.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just a quick massaging of data from a site. Time is in minutes. Any quibbles you can email me at itsjustquickdata@idontcare.com.

Barnstormer 1.0
Primeval Whirl 1.2
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster 1.4
Astro Orbiter 1.5
Dumbo the Flying Elephant 1.5
Mad Tea Party 1.5
Magic Carpets of Aladdin 1.5
TriceraTop Spin 1.5
Prince Charminng's Royal Carrousel 2.0
Snow White's Scary Adventures 2.4
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 2.5
Space Mountain 2.5
Peter Pan's Flight 2.7
Expedition Everest 2.9
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh 3.1
Dinosaur 3.2
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 3.4
Kali River Rapids 3.5
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin 4.0
The Seas with Nemo and Friends 4.0
Test Track 4.0
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway 4.8
Frozen Ever After 5.0
Soarin' 5.0
Star Tours 5.0
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 5.0
Mission SPACE 5.6
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid 6.4
Haunted Mansion 7.5
Toy Story Midway Mania 8.0
It's Tough to be a Bug 8.0
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros 8.1
Pirates of the Caribbean 8.5
Jungle Cruise 9.1
Enchanted Tiki Room 10.0
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover 10.1
"it's a small world" 10.5
Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor 11.0
Splash Mountain 11.0
Journey into Imagination with Figment 11.0
Country Bear Jamboree 12.0
Mickey's PhilharMagic 12.0
Reflections of China 12.5
Liberty Square Riverboat 12.7
Swiss Family Treehouse 13.1
Living with the Land 13.8
Voyage of the Little Mermaid 14.5
Stitch's Great Escape 15.0
Spaceship Earth 15.0
Turtle Talk with Crush 15.0
Muppet Vision 3-D 17.0
Impressions de France 18.0
O Canada! 18.0
Kilimanjaro Safari 18.5
Great Movie Ride 18.7
Circle of Life 19.3
Walt Disney Railroad 20.0
Disney Junior - Live on Stage 20.0
Carousel of Progress 20.7
Hall of Presidents 22.8
Walt Disney - One Man's Dream 25.0
Flights of Wonder 25.0
American Adventure 28.5
Beauty and the Beast Stage Show 30.0
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular 30.0
Festival of the Lion King 30.0
Finding Nemo - The Musical 30.0
Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show 35.0
Universe of Energy 45.0

RandySavage

FoP will have a more prominent, Soarin' style preshow, last I heard hosted by hair-dyed Jon Landau.

Ugh. I was afraid of this happening ever since Landau's ultra-creepy look and stilted performance in that D23 video. It's one thing to use wink-wink, self-congratulatory cameos by non-actors in non-speaking roles (i.e., Rohde in Tokyo's Tower of Terror, or imagineers as passengers on the Star Tours safety vid). It's another to do it for a key introductory/host role.

You give Stan Lee one line in a quick passing shot; you don't cast him as Jarvis.

Last edited:

No Name

The blueprint also called the ride a C ticket. How many C ticket rides are longer than 4 mins? It really shouldn't be too much of a surprise that the ride isn't longer.

Though on the flip side, how many Disney boat rides are shorter than four minutes?

Slower-moving rides are typically longer. Unless I am missing something, this is the shortest Disney boat ride ever. So while 2 minutes may be a fine time for Mr. Toad's wild ride and 3 may be fine for Peter Pan's flight... I don't know how 4 will do here.

Last edited:

Rteetz

Though on the flip side, how many Disney boat rides are shorter than four minutes?
True but that doesn't mean it can't be good. Disney C tickets originally were things like Peter Pan, Snow Whites scary adventure, and Mr. Toads Wild Ride. All of those are shorter type rides at around 3 minutes. Sure boat rides are usually longer but what if it was a ride system like the three I listed above? Would we still be complaining about time?

No Name

True but that doesn't mean it can't be good. Disney C tickets originally were things like Peter Pan, Snow Whites scary adventure, and Mr. Toads Wild Ride. All of those are shorter type rides at around 3 minutes. Sure boat rides are usually longer but what if it was a ride system like the three I listed above? Would we still be complaining about time?

No, because those are faster-moving. In Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, you may be in a scene for no longer than 10 seconds. So the ride is able to tell its story and feel complete in a mere two minutes.

A boat ride needs much more time than that get through each scene. It needs more time to tell its story and feel complete.

So if it were a ride system like the three you listed above... we would not be complaining. At least I wouldn't. Four minutes would be a decent time for any of those.

Rteetz

No, because those are faster-moving. In Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, you may be in a scene for no longer than 10 seconds. So the ride is able to tell its story and feel complete in a mere two minutes.

A boat ride needs much more time than that get through each scene. It needs more time to tell its story and feel complete.

So if it were a ride system like the three you listed above... we would not be complaining. At least I wouldn't. Four minutes would be a decent time for any of those.
Maybe this boat ride is different and only needs 4 minutes, we will have to wait and see.

mickey v-neck

Again, if he wanted a longer ride he has every right to be disappointed that it won't be. It's his opinion based on the sole factor of the rides length. Could it still impress him in the end? Sure. But right now he's taking what's known and going off of that. There's nothing wrong with it.

He hasn't ridden it.

Cesar R M

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"

-Walt Disney
the best part of that video is.. it shows finally a photo of the inside of the "soaring" like theater.

*edit*
I'm scratching my head because the forum didn't alert me of updates on this thread..neither on the terrorific one.. grrr.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom