Volcano Bay

Jaison

I have not seen this posted here yet and thought it was interesting. They are really pushing the technological parts of the design (Virtual Queue) and it appears this park will be open into the night with specialized nighttime entertainment; which is different from all other water park offerings in the area.

Princess Leia

I'm hoping to have a half day at a water park next year, and I was thinking about Volcano Bay, but that doesn't look like a possibility since I'll be staying on Disney property and only spending a day at the Uni parks :(

Mike S

I'm hoping to have a half day at a water park next year, and I was thinking about Volcano Bay, but that doesn't look like a possibility since I'll be staying on Disney property and only spending a day at the Uni parks :(
Any chance of adding another Uni day?

BubbaQuest

Is that the new Cabana Bay Tower in the video? It looks more like the new Adventura hotel, but I think there is a road between Adventura and Volcano Bay.

In either case, I want to stay there! :)

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 7.45.44 AM.png

Princess Leia

Any chance of adding another Uni day?
Probably not. We're looking at 1 day at MK, 1 day at Epcot, 1 park hop day between AK and DHS, and 1 park hop day between the two Uni parks. The arrival day could be either a water park, swimming at the hotel pool, or resort hopping, depending on the weather. I wish I could afford a 2nd Uni day, but I can't right now.

Mike S

Probably not. We're looking at 1 day at MK, 1 day at Epcot, 1 park hop day between AK and DHS, and 1 park hop day between the two Uni parks. The arrival day could be either a water park, swimming at the hotel pool, or resort hopping, depending on the weather. I wish I could afford a 2nd Uni day, but I can't right now.
Sounds like your arrival day should be Volcano Bay day.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Krakatoa is looking pretty impressive beside I4 these days... We drove by on the way to the Brahmin outlet Monday and its almost closed in on the South side, but you can see the slide tubes still.

HauntedMansionFLA

From Bioreconstruct

10h10 hours ago
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
The blue & green drop-from-near-top-of-mountain slides now reach their pool. Note these other features on Krakatau's East side.

10h10 hours ago
Caldera at top of Krakatau™ at Volcano Bay

10h10 hours ago
Workers at the top of Krakatau™ at Volcano Bay.

10h10 hours ago
Krakatau™ at Volcano Bay fully surrounded by scaffolding.

10h10 hours ago
Large diameter Volcano Bay water slides near the intersection of Wallace Rd and Turkey Lake Rd.

HauntedMansionFLA

From Bioreconstruct

10h10 hours ago
Large diameter Volcano Bay water slides near the intersection of Wallace Rd and Turkey Lake Rd.

11h11 hours ago
Restroom buildings at Volcano Bay have a distinctive design, with a tall peak between two angled roofs.

11h11 hours ago
Very likely that the Volcano Bay twisty slides closest to Turkey Lake Rd are first to have running water, and a filled pool.

11h11 hours ago
Volcano Bay's water slides closest to I-4. Sand Lake Rd exit ramp seen here. Note also river canal. Restrooms are angled square bldgs.

BubbaQuest

Thanks for posting the pics. I think they may have solved one of the questions I had. From earlier construction pics, it looks like there is a large jump in elevation between Cabana Bay and Volcano Bay. I wasn't sure why they would want the ground floor on the new Cabana Bay tower looking at the side of a large cement wall. But I have a feeling that might just be a temporary retaining wall to keep dirt out of Cabana Bay during construction.

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 8.36.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 7.43.30 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom