Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

cjkeating

Disney does not manufacture their own ride systems. Even proprietary ride systems are manufactured by others. Vekoma has been Disney's go to coaster manufacturer for some time but Slinky Dog Dash is a Mack Rides project.

Vekoma do make great custom coasters for Disney but Mack is a stunning ride manufacturer so this ride should be technically brilliant even if the requested design is unfortunately lacklustre.

psuchad

This scene is just asking for an actual attraction at HS.

I know this is the common request for a ride, but I have to disagree. Other than the fact that there is a track that the doors ride on, it just doesn't make sense. What would you ride on? I cannot imagine that you would be strapped upright on a single door. This ride would require a very strange looking multi seat door looking structure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know this is the common request for a ride, but I have to disagree. Other than the fact that there is a track that the doors ride on, it just doesn't make sense. What would you ride on? I cannot imagine that you would be strapped upright on a single door. This ride would require a very strange looking multi seat door looking structure.
The ride vehicle was suspended, two seats across by 8 rows (if I recall)

The sides of the ride vehicle were styled as doors as opposed to "leaning against a door"

The rear of the seats were also styled as doors.

brb1006

I was referring to the attraction and not the ride vehicles.

jt04

I hope Nintendo delivers because so many are putting their eggs in that basket.

The problem is, Disney has nothing to prove (which I disagree with). Universal does and it's why they put in the effort. Unfortunately, we can already see them slacking ever so slightly (let's not have this be a debate, just an observation).

I was for the land because Hollywood Studios needs (yes that's subjective) flat rides and more things for a family to do. I find it hilarious though that so many were "nooo Cars Land" and now that's what I keep seeing pop us as something that should have gone in the back of the park.

The "expansion" of DHS is the disappointment most here expected it to be.

WDW is getting a SWL at least as good as DL is getting. And their fan base is not complaining about the scale of it at all.

Plus TSL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's a pretty general statement. There are Disneyland fans with all ranges of reaction to the land -- from thrilled for it happening to disappointed and not wanting it to be built at all.

correct
the D23 people seemed pretty excited when it was announced for Anaheim

The general feel seems to be meh to okay. And of course extremes either way.

Kman101

That's a pretty general statement. There are Disneyland fans with all ranges of reaction to the land -- from thrilled for it happening to disappointed and not wanting it to be built at all.

I'm basing my statement off of here and many aren't thrilled. Of course reactions range .... but I was replying to a poster and in that context I stand by my "general statement"

Kman101

LOL. Such reaction over a simple statement. Wow. Relax all. Obviously I don't stand at Disneyland's gates with a poll and question everyone ... let's not always take things so literally.

Kman101

correct
the D23 people seemed pretty excited when it was announced for Anaheim

That's D23. Of course they're thrilled.

You can't tell me that the overall fanbase of Disneyland is shouting from the rooftops about this. I love Star Wars. I'll be one of the first in the land (well, maybe not first) but a single IP land doesn't belong in Disneyland. Sometimes we need to separate our own personal emotion from something.

twebber55

That's D23. Of course they're thrilled.

You can't tell me that the overall fanbase of Disneyland is shouting from the rooftops about this. I love Star Wars. I'll be one of the first in the land (well, maybe not first) but a single IP land doesn't belong in Disneyland. Sometimes we need to separate our own personal emotion from something.
sorry i disagree and i like star wars but im not a star wars junky, ill go see the movies and thats it
as far as a single IP i dont disagree but thats not what i was talking about...the Disneyland fan base is people at D23

Kman101

sorry i disagree and i like star wars but im not a star wars junky, ill go see the movies and thats it
as far as a single IP i dont disagree but thats not what i was talking about...the Disneyland fan base is people at D23

Ok. Agree to disagree on this one I suppose. A group at D23 doesn't represent everyone, just like my general statement doesn't represent everyone. I really do think they aren't that thrilled by the invasion of a single IP land. Do you read our Disneyland forum? A very tiny, small amount of people post there but it's not exactly welcomed with open arms, but at the same time, there are a few who are all for it. So .... I'd say it's mixed LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom