Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

Rteetz

Original Poster
Honestly, I cannot figure out if I'm mad about this or jealous of those who get to attend. It's a bit vague as to what will actually be happening, but it's an adult-only crowd.
Yeah I didn't quite understand what is going on at this event either. They call it a Star Wars celebration of rogue one and have the Death Star on spaceship earth but have very little details about what actually is going to happen.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yeah I didn't quite understand what is going on at this event either. They call it a Star Wars celebration of rogue one and have the Death Star on spaceship earth but have very little details about what actually is going to happen.

Its unclear if they are permanent (not likely) but they did something like this for a media event a couple of years ago tied to Monster's University. They project Mike W onto SSE.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For me, this ranks as a solid, "Meh". My enthusiasm for 'Rogue One' is waning by the day, as I realize more and more it's just a money grab by Disney. I mean, really, does anyone want to know how the Death Star plans were stolen? If you do, more power to you. Personally, I'd rather have a new, original story played out on the big screen rather than what's being foisted upon us by Iger and his henchmen. Just imagine what could have been possible if Disney hadn't declared the original EU as verboten...

CaptainAmerica

While I think this event would be cool, I'm confused at Epcot's direction. I thought Star Wars was a DHS thing? Is everything just everywhere anymore? Will we soon be seeing Spider-Man climbing Cinderella Castle? Just weird to me.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with Epcot's direction. As someone else mentioned, they projected Mike Wazowski onto Spaceship Earth when they kicked off their #MonstrousSummer promotion. That didn't mean Monsters were taking over Epcot pavilions.

Cmdr_Crimson

It has nothing whatsoever to do with Epcot's direction. As someone else mentioned, they projected Mike Wazowski onto Spaceship Earth when they kicked off their #MonstrousSummer promotion. That didn't mean Monsters were taking over Epcot pavilions.

Exactly...The 3 other Hubs get a projection and SE is left in the dark (Seriously no color changing rotation to it since the 80's)...Let it have it's turn for once..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom