The ImageWorks, and not the downstairs one.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Okay everyone, I'm sure this thread is quite pointless but I have an issue that has been bugging me and I want one (or multiple) of you to help me out. This requires alot of courage and I'm sure you already know where this is going, but first let me tell my backstory. A few days ago I got the privilege to go into the DVC Lounge at the Imagination! pavilion via being taken as a guest by a DVC member. I remember Ben Lawrence on youtube had gotten a shot of the Sensor Maze (It knows you're there! Well not anymore) through the vent there to prove that ImageWorks was gone because the Rainbow Corridor was torn down. So when I went up there I noticed the vent was covered, almost like they are hiding something from us. I noticed a second vent by the original triangular entrance area so I decided to try and get some film through there. It was then that I saw Figment's Coloring Book was still fully intact besides the paintbrush consoles which were removed long ago. What I mean is the statues on the wall were still there. This begs the question: How much of ImageWorks is still intact? This issue has been bothering me and I have devised a plan to get back there and find out. Just two issues: I won't be able to get back up there and it requires bravery I don't have. If any of you Disney Vacation Club members have the courage, PM me for the strategy. Whoever brings us back some footage (if anyone does) will be immortalized by me. Let me know you guy's ideas about this. Am I crazy, stupid, a genius, or all of the above?

epcotisbest

I don't see anything genius in trespassing. It is closed off for a reason, or multiple reasons, one being your safety. And I don't think sneaking in to closed areas requires bravery...but something just the opposite of that.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but you did ask for opinions. I'm sure many will disagree with mine.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
I don't see anything genius in trespassing. It is closed off for a reason, or multiple reasons, one being your safety. And I don't think sneaking in to closed areas requires bravery...but something just the opposite of that.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but you did ask for opinions. I'm sure many will disagree with mine.
You prove a good point. That's where the stupid aspects come in. I asked for opinions and you gave me yours. There are alot of safety hazards in there last time I saw any videos on it. Which is another reason why it's a stupid idea.

Corbin

I would guess that any areas not part of the DVC lounge were left alone. Doesn't make sense to spend time refurbishing something that's closed off.

Goofyernmost

OK, going upstairs is a bucket list item for me. I haven't gotten the guts to do so yet, but one of these days I will. I don't know any DVC members, and I am not one myself, so that won't be how I get upstairs. But one potential way to get upstairs is to take the elevator. Just walk behind the staircase, and the elevator is still intact. Last time I was there, I pressed the button, but I chickened out before the elevator arrived, but nobody saw me. So next time, this is how I will try to go upstairs. And if I get caught, I will play "uninformed tourist". ;)
And then if for some reason they don't buy your Uninformed tourist bit, you can be uninformed tourist wandering outside the gates. There really is nothing up there worth risking anything like that over.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OK, going upstairs is a bucket list item for me. I haven't gotten the guts to do so yet, but one of these days I will. I don't know any DVC members, and I am not one myself, so that won't be how I get upstairs. But one potential way to get upstairs is to take the elevator. Just walk behind the staircase, and the elevator is still intact. Last time I was there, I pressed the button, but I chickened out before the elevator arrived, but nobody saw me. So next time, this is how I will try to go upstairs. And if I get caught, I will play "uninformed tourist". ;)

To be fair the 'unlocked' elevator plays to the 'uninformed tourist' if the elevator is active and no key access or a rope blocking access. Well most people assume an open elevator is for public use and it does not go to 'restricted' destinations. That said do you really want to get banned from WDW???

Goofyernmost

To be fair the 'unlocked' elevator plays to the 'uninformed tourist' if the elevator is active and no key access or a rope blocking access. Well most people assume an open elevator is for public use and it does not go to 'restricted' destinations. That said do you really want to get banned from WDW???
Your right, but, knowing how unforgiving public safety laws can be it might be that they cannot block or close off any source of escape with anything solid enough to stop people from walking right past the sign saying. "Move along, nothing to see here".

Goofyernmost

I can't imagine I would get banned over a one-time incident. Its not like i'm going all over backstage areas and posting videos on YouTube. I'm not too worried though, because I'll probably never get the courage to do it anyway. :hilarious:
Your probably right. Nothing will happen, give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Calculated risks are usually fine. I still don't think that there is enough up there to warrant the risk, but, then again I'm dead on the inside.

I can't imagine I would get banned over a one-time incident. Its not like i'm going all over backstage areas and posting videos on YouTube. I'm not too worried though, because I'll probably never get the courage to do it anyway. :hilarious:
I wouldn't put anything pass Disney and at the very least they probably have you arrested for trespassing.

Otterhead

Am I crazy, stupid, a genius, or all of the above?
Well, speaking as a guy who used to spend a whole lot of time sneaking into abandoned buildings to photograph them, I'm all for exploration. Though as people say, from what I understand there's not much up there at all now -- it's used both for DVC stuff and for kids' sleepovers, so they've cleaned most of ImageWorks out. And given the guards and such, it'd be very hard to play the innocent tourist if you got caught, and you'd almost definitely be ejected from Epcot.

My personal goal is to someday visit the VIP lounges, especially Spaceship Earth, but that might be too tricky...

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
We got way off topic here. The entire ImageWorks area is still walled off, I just found an alternate route. Plus the elevator doesn't work unless it is called up by the desk in the DVC Lounge. Furthermore the only way I got up there was by asking a total stranger to take me up as a guest. DVC doesn't seem worth it for the price.

AndrewsJ

Okay everyone, I'm sure this thread is quite pointless but I have an issue that has been bugging me and I want one (or multiple) of you to help me out. This requires alot of courage and I'm sure you already know where this is going, but first let me tell my backstory. A few days ago I got the privilege to go into the DVC Lounge at the Imagination! pavilion via being taken as a guest by a DVC member. I remember Ben Lawrence on youtube had gotten a shot of the Sensor Maze (It knows you're there! Well not anymore) through the vent there to prove that ImageWorks was gone because the Rainbow Corridor was torn down. So when I went up there I noticed the vent was covered, almost like they are hiding something from us. I noticed a second vent by the original triangular entrance area so I decided to try and get some film through there. It was then that I saw Figment's Coloring Book was still fully intact besides the paintbrush consoles which were removed long ago. What I mean is the statues on the wall were still there. This begs the question: How much of ImageWorks is still intact? This issue has been bothering me and I have devised a plan to get back there and find out. Just two issues: I won't be able to get back up there and it requires bravery I don't have. If any of you Disney Vacation Club members have the courage, PM me for the strategy. Whoever brings us back some footage (if anyone does) will be immortalized by me. Let me know you guy's ideas about this. Am I crazy, stupid, a genius, or all of the above?
Curiosity killed the cat. People have been banned from the parks for what you are describing. Please don't come to a forum of die hard Disney fans and ask us to help you trespass and break the rules. Hopefully the DVC member you went with won't make that mistake again. The lounge is for those of us who have spent big bucks on DVC memberships. Not for the criminal element which is exactly what you are describing. People like you ruin things for the rest of us.

AndrewsJ

We got way off topic here. The entire ImageWorks area is still walled off, I just found an alternate route. Plus the elevator doesn't work unless it is called up by the desk in the DVC Lounge. Furthermore the only way I got up there was by asking a total stranger to take me up as a guest. DVC doesn't seem worth it for the price.
I think a lot of members who can actually afford it would disagree with you on value vs price. Those kind of statements are usually made by those who can't afford membership. Membership is not for everyone but we definitely find it worth it. We own 2 contracts at AKL, 1 at VGF and 1 at OKW. You probably have no clue how much it costs and how membership works. Shame on the DVC member you conned into taking a criminal into the lounge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom