The ImageWorks, and not the downstairs one.

The Empress Lilly

Shame on the DVC member you conned into taking a criminal into the lounge.
Eh, look at it on the bright side. At least our hardened criminal merely conned a DVC member into briefly showing him the DVC lounge. Me, I had to follow a DVC member to the back of pavilion, mug his wallet for his ID, and then lock him up in a storage room while I went upside pretending to be him.

I even charged my phone in the DVC lounge - without paying! -_-

AndrewsJ

Eh, look at it on the bright side. At least our hardened criminal merely conned a DVC member into briefly showing him the DVC lounge. Me, I had to follow a DVC member to the back of pavilion, mug his wallet for his ID, and then lock him up in a storage room while I went upside pretending to be him.

I even charged my phone in the DVC lounge - without paying! -_-
Well that's a different story all together. As long as you were humane while locking him up I see no problem with that.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Curiosity killed the cat. People have been banned from the parks for what you are describing. Please don't come to a forum of die hard Disney fans and ask us to help you trespass and break the rules. Hopefully the DVC member you went with won't make that mistake again. The lounge is for those of us who have spent big bucks on DVC memberships. Not for the criminal element which is exactly what you are describing. People like you ruin things for the rest of us.
I think a lot of members who can actually afford it would disagree with you on value vs price. Those kind of statements are usually made by those who can't afford membership. Membership is not for everyone but we definitely find it worth it. We own 2 contracts at AKL, 1 at VGF and 1 at OKW. You probably have no clue how much it costs and how membership works. Shame on the DVC member you conned into taking a criminal into the lounge.
Look, I may not be able to afford it, but even if I could it doesn't seem worth it for the benefits. If you would have read what I wrote I by no means would I break into anything, I just happened to find an alternate route into the ImageWorks because the entrances were boarded up. I merely thought some die-hard Disney urban explorer like a Leonard Kinsey wannabe would possibly attempt it to solve the ImageWorks mystery once and for all.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think a lot of members who can actually afford it would disagree with you on value vs price. Those kind of statements are usually made by those who can't afford membership. Membership is not for everyone but we definitely find it worth it. We own 2 contracts at AKL, 1 at VGF and 1 at OKW. You probably have no clue how much it costs and how membership works. Shame on the DVC member you conned into taking a criminal into the lounge.
I think he meant that joining DVC just for the ability to visit the lounge isn't worth the price.

raven

IF you were to actually get into the old area you will find empty rooms. Most of that area has been gutted due to mold and decaying scenery. The only thing pretty much still in tact is the Figment's Paint murals and (possibly) the Rainbow Corridor, which doesn't work. Everything else is gone but there are still offices up there that people use and they frequently pass through those areas. So if you think you will be unnoticed you may not be.

unkadug

IF you were to actually get into the old area you will find empty rooms. Most of that area has been gutted due to mold and decaying scenery. The only thing pretty much still in tact is the Figment's Paint murals and (possibly) the Rainbow Corridor, which doesn't work. Everything else is gone but there are still offices up there that people use and they frequently pass through those areas. So if you think you will be unnoticed you may not be.
Why is it that mold overtook this attraction but not the rest of WDW?

Or is it that mold overtook it BECAUSE it had been abandoned? Maybe I just read that wrong.

raven

Why is it that mold overtook this attraction but not the rest of WDW?

Or is it that mold overtook it BECAUSE it had been abandoned? Maybe I just read that wrong.
There's mold in many, MANY other places around WDW. You can thank Florida humidity and poor ventilation planning for that. But when it gets extremely bad they close off the area to guests. The old upper level shops in the Canada pavilion fell victim to this as well.

ProjectXBlog

this comes off as pretty rude/elitist. and speaking as someone who's used these boards the mid-2000s I really don't care if someone is curious about an off-limits area and you shouldn't be either

unkadug

There's mold in many, MANY other places around WDW. You can thank Florida humidity and poor ventilation planning for that. But when it gets extremely bad they close off the area to guests. The old upper level shops in the Canada pavilion fell victim to this as well.
So much for RCID having strict building codes...huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom