Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

Dubman

Awesome report so far! I agree about the crowds.. INSANE!!! Especially our last night (11/12) at Epcot.. Ducked into Mexico for a couple Margaritas around 5:30 and left. We have been many times during this week and have never seen it that bad!!! Only days tolerable were Wednesday and Thursday. Thank god for fast pass etc..

Can't wait to read the rest!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
No ring?!? Dang, MY heart is broken! Ugh ok, onto other things...
Love that you love POR. It sounds and looks like a really great resort.

I love your writing style...I feel like I'm right along on the journey. You're too funny! Off to an awesome start.

I am glad I am entertaining! lol I don't know which I was more upset about, the ring or rivers of light! Thank you for following :)

I have been waiting for this!! This will get me through the gap till our trip! Following along for sure :)
Thank you! I will try and make the time pass faster! It'll be here before you know it!

I'M SO HAPPY YOU STARTED YOUR TR. :D

I'm sad that you didn't get a ring, but I trust that the proposal will be magnificent when it does happen. Ya know, to make up for NOT making your dreams come true this trip. ;)

I'm cracking up at your luggage dilemma. We had the same problem with it taking forever to arrive this trip, however we did have clothes in our carry ons. :rolleyes:

Please don't make me wait to read more!!!!

I am trying to write as fast as I can! I will neglect Joe for awhile writing since my dreams have yet to come true! lol I will try to not keep you on the edge of your seat too long! Why do I have to have a real world job? Can't we write trip reports for a living? Lol

You had me at "HANDLES"!!!!! I am definitely following along :)

Actually I've been keeping an eye out for your TR, Nicole. The excitement that you had for planning your trip was really delightful and I can't wait to hear every detail of how it all went down.

Thank you so much! I deviated a bit from my plans, but I tried to follow my pretrip as best I could! We had a really great time and I hope I can explain my feelings into words!

I'm following along nag. Your report is very entertaining so far! Good choice to go with the handles on the mugs, and that cheesesteak looked delicious!
The cheesesteak was sooooo good! Perfect send off from Philly! Thank you for following, I took a ton of food photos, you would be proud!

So happy to see you started your report! We were planning on going around this time next year for two weeks. Try to do the Halloween party and Christmas party, but after reading the start of your report we may have to rethink this. Looking forward to reading more

I'm not sure why exactly it was SO BUSY this time around, in 2011 this week was dead! I think the election and the race as well as food and wine ending just called for a perfect storm! Never again lol!

So happy you started your report! I'm looking forward to reading it. We're staying in a Royal room for one night at the end our upcoming trip. We've never been to POR, can't wait to see your pictures!

I love PORS! It's a big resort but t doesn't feel that way at all! It feels small and honey, I would love to stay there again! You will love it!

Yay!!! So happy you started your report. I have been anxiously awaiting it's appearance on the forums. Sad you didn't get your Disney proposal, but I am sure it will be spectacular when it happens. Glad you liked Riverside and that you made it to the Opening Show on your birthday. I am sooo homesick for Disney right now!

I swear my trip just made me want more! There wasn't enough time to do everything I wanted to do! We must return! I was so afraid I would miss the "good morning, good morning!" But we made it just in time! :)

Your trip report has brought me out of lurkdom! I am loving it already!

Welcome back! Glad you are following! :)

Following along! Glad you liked Riverside. It's our "home" resort and we absolutely adore it.

I adored it as well! It has the perfect mix of everything! I would love to try alligator bayou next time! :)

This has started off to be a fun TR, despite the fact that you didn't receive the proposal you had wished for. There's nothing like good times at WDW to get your mind off other things, though, and I can't wait to read more of your TR.

P.S.: The handles on the mugs were a very good sign!! Merchandising is finally listening to the guests' preferences!!

They had handles and no handles! I was so surprised! A lot of times joe would still be sleeping so I would go to the riverside mill with both mugs, the handles made it helpful to carry two drinks and food! I am glad you are reading! I was pretty sad about no proposal but I guess it would have been too obvious!

Aww hang in there gal! There's a prince charming out there for you, maybe this one needs an adjustment with a frying pan to come to his senses!

Haha oh man! He's got a couple months before I take the pots and pans out on his head. lol where's the real prince Eric hiding?

Boo, Handles!!! ;):p;):p

Looking forward to more. Thankfully, the holiday is upon us and I can work on mine :jawdrop:

I know, I'm tempted to tell work I need a leave of absence to write! Lol sorry for the handle love
YAY! I'm so excited to read all about your trip! I still have 171 days until mine, so this is helping with my Disney Blues!!!

Your countdown will fly by! Enjoy it! I wish I was still counting down :(

This is an extremely fun read!

Thank you so much, I'm trying! :)

I have SO been looking forward to your trip report! So glad to see you've started!

I have been wallowing in my depression so it was time! Thank you for reading!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Awesome report so far! I agree about the crowds.. INSANE!!! Especially our last night (11/12) at Epcot.. Ducked into Mexico for a couple Margaritas around 5:30 and left. We have been many times during this week and have never seen it that bad!!! Only days tolerable were Wednesday and Thursday. Thank god for fast pass etc..

Can't wait to read the rest!!

I agree, I've never seen crowds this bad! Some of the food booth lines went all the way into the next country! I thought July was bad with the tour groups, but I honestly think the crowds all together this time gave me anxiety! I need to go in January or something lol

Yay!!! Princess Nicole has started her trip report!!! I can't believe that you arrived on the day after I left. It seems so long ago!!!

I can't wait to read more!!!

Thank you for following! I can't believe it's been a week already that I've been home! I wanna go back! Let's plan our next please!! Lol

So excited to see that you started your trip report! I may or may not be at work right now.:angelic: Normally I only check for trip reports on the weekend, but I had to check today. Looking forward to the rest!

Thank you! And I won't tell your boss I promise! I wish I could leave work to keep on writing lol

You can't stop your report now!! Come on you don't need a social life or to go to work. Your job is to put up as much of your trip report until you pass out on the laptop. :rolleyes: Happy belated Birthday!! mine was 11/1. Us Scorpios needs to stick together.

Happy belated! And I will have more up tonight I promise! It's hard to work, workout, and trip report... maybe a pot of coffee is in need of tonight lol

Dubman

I agree, I've never seen crowds this bad! Some of the food booth lines went all the way into the next country! I thought July was bad with the tour groups, but I honestly think the crowds all together this time gave me anxiety! I need to go in January or something lol

Used to be a very good week.. Not anymore. 2 years ago we went the same week and had free dining. It was only crazy on weekends that year.. Last year they cut out the free dining. So hard to figure a "slow" time to go now.. I thought this year wouldn't be as bad because Osborne Lights were gone.. Not! lol

LeighM

Yay, I've been looking forward to your trip report :) I'm so glad you liked Riverside!!! As you can see from my signature section, it's our favorite resort. It was the resort we stayed at during our first ever trip to WDW and we immediately fell in love with it. We've stayed in each of the sections - the standard mansion, a Royal Room, and our latest trip I requested a room in Alligator Bayou. I asked to be close to the west depot (the first stop for the theme parks) and the resort definitely delivered! We only had a 2 minute walk to the depot, we were always the first ones on the bus (plenty of available seats!). And because we were so close, we never had far to walk at the end of a busy day. The feet were very happy LOL. Can't wait to read more about your trip! We got back in October and I'm still feeling the Disney blues :(

Longers

I am sorry you didn't get your ring but maybe there is something special planned! Loving the report so far and will be following along. The crowds were the worst we have seen in 20 years of going apart from our last 2 days so maybe we need to re think now too!

blreinsel

I am trying to write as fast as I can! I will neglect Joe for awhile writing since my dreams have yet to come true! lol I will try to not keep you on the edge of your seat too long! Why do I have to have a real world job? Can't we write trip reports for a living? Lol

He deserves a little neglecting. ;) I'm cracking up.. "Do they not know that princess Nicole is here?" Totally something that I would say.. We have issues. The hardest part about transitioning back to reality is not being called princess on a daily basis. What kind of life is this?

Anxiously awaiting more!!! :D

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 5th

Since Space had recently opened, the wait time was only 20 minutes. I actually wanted to wait longer because I was killing it playing the video games! I was able to attach so many rod things to other rod things… do you guys know what I’m talking about? It’s in the queue with the multiple color controllers and arrows… LOL

Off to the stars we soon went, our rockets were connected… but sadly they were separate. The pictures crack me up so much!

80C595F5-1D02-4988-BA35-2EBEC87D2D03_zpsiexnvewu.jpg

4623C554-1169-4692-9257-31B38A39C795_zps8uiprlot.jpg

The people in our rockets look so not amused! WAKE UP PEOPLE! We’re about to blast off into space! I always wonder how many other people’s ride photos I’m on… and how many of them sit and think WOW, This girl looks a tad crazy! LOL

As we were exiting Space Mountain, our names appeared on the screens by the moving sidewalk. It was an ad for sun block with a really high number SPF, but I could not capture the picture in time. (Don’t ever hire me for special events LOL) I love all these RFID touches. They make everything seem much more personal!

No astronaut food was to be found, but we did find this little beauty.

0E38B918-3515-4A62-8BF5-5841C73C1E0B_zpsststor5z.jpg

Mickey pretzel for breakfast, why the heck not! We had an early lunch that we did not want to spoil! Let me repeat, everything tastes better in the shape of a Mickey. And MK had BIG cheese cups to go along with it, mmm, mmm good!

Our next fastpass was on the opposite side of the park, Splash Mountain! I tried my hardest not to glance over to Big Thunder under refurb. Ignorance is bliss!

B102CDA6-87F8-4AFD-9D19-49DD09BF278D_zps6uc0nc9t.jpg

I must admit, although I love fastpass, there is something to be said for missing a lot of the queue. One of my most beloved things about Disney rides and attractions are the queues themselves. Now skipping the line is the ultimate perk, but oh those Disney queues. No where else ever compares :)

339FC4E1-8581-4B17-A326-A8D8BDE993FA_zpsuqzxeik2.jpg

We were put in the back of a log… would we get wet back here?!

4783CD88-D068-45C0-ABFA-0D6645566713_zpsrsjfqqhw.jpg

D260727A-97AF-4499-8CCB-1C8DBD10EBC2_zpsa3ct65lb.jpg

We were in the perfect splash zone when a log came barreling down the hill, and the water shot up right onto Joe. I was cracking up. HAHA!

I sang and clapped along until we reached the laughing place!

B5ACE76D-10D0-4AF5-918B-ACD44E80D27B_zpspw66pcrh.jpg

FB921704-EEA5-4947-941F-531D9AD8F010_zpsy4cpenku.jpg

In the famous works of Stacy, “YOU’RE GONNA GET WETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!”

And yes, even in the back we did. J

Sometimes I don’t know what goes through my mind when planning things, but this was my second time visiting Be Our Guest looking like a drowned rat. I guess I am following through on some traditions? LOL

I was super excited when I scored a BOG lunch reservation… I think I like the lunch menu over the dinner menu, but at lunchtime I do miss MY MAN the Beast. @Longers looking at you!

02D1022B-018F-4519-B3C6-799A40161CD3_zpsxiuokbpb.jpg

We pre-ordered, so we were able to skip the line and go right up to the register. The cast member sang Happy Birthday to me from Belle and the Beast. I dissolved into happiness. I couldn’t decide what room we should dine in, the ballroom is always so breath-taking, especially with the snow falling lightly outside the window, but I wanted a change of scenery. We settled on the “Castle Gallery” as Disney calls it, or Belle’s library. It’s filled with the cutest portraits of Belle and the Beast in the early stages of falling in love. Awwwwwww!

3B7D7A93-296C-4C7B-A401-FF0A5D7864B8_zpsgrfshvrk.jpg

2D4C6AF7-D188-49F6-AE21-AC2123857BF6_zps4ipdhmny.jpg

Joe tried his darnedest to get a photo of me with Belle and the Beast dancing facing forward in the background, but their heads are chopped off so it’s clear to see we are a perfect match LOL!

4E645EC4-092D-4150-B256-2B9CCD3BAB39_zpszf2r3str.jpg

That one was a tad better!

We each ordered the same meal, my dear, dear croque monsieur. IT IS SO GOOD. I tried to convince myself to get something else, be adventurous Nicole, but I just couldn’t do it. If I only get to eat this sandwich once every year or two, it’s what I am always going to pick. Plain and simple. IT’S TOO GOOD TO PASS UP!

9CDD4A26-7924-4DDA-A01D-ADC29C3BE5CD_zpsuroh4hkl.jpg

For dessert, I had picked the strawberry cream cheese cupcake and Joe chose the chocolate cream puff. I wanted to be daring and order something without chocolate, but in the end I ate both desserts. This will become a common theme throughout this trip.. LOL. So all in all I had my cake and I ate it too! Joe thought the paper on the cupcake was so pretty, he kept saying it must be food. The little chocolate square on the cream puff was food, so what the heck.. I bit into the pink polka dots. Yep, it’s paper. Don’t recommend… HAHA

C4413E55-1022-4E2D-BB3D-CAFAA811EBD5_zpsyzt637ud.jpg

AC65C8AE-6644-42AC-81CD-62881CC949EF_zpsnxlh90ca.jpg

8B34C470-48CC-4030-BF0E-D6A6483935BD_zpsm0cy0qcv.jpg

The woman who came to take our plates away gave me a Mickey straw for my birthday. I was so excited! She asked if I used my fork as dinglehopper and I assured her I did not! Overly stuffed and happy, it was time for our next fastpass- the mine train. Did I tell you I don’t think when I plan things? Yep… fully bellies on a rocking mini coaster!

Snapped this on the way out, nice and lopsided.

FBE99BD5-E8FE-44EE-8AE6-037466109F91_zpsgmnws6rs.jpg

Joe caught me with an old familiar face.

E885B178-7F60-429D-8554-07F55CD78910_zpsvaanmcbb.jpg

354BC003-7D80-423C-B9EB-EDD5EDAF40EB_zpsotbumvd4.jpg

We were so full we were in a food coma, but what’s a better way to counteract this feeling than to teeter-totter in a mine cart? Hairpin turns racing down a mountain? YES PLEASE. Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it’s off to the mine train we go! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 5th

The mine train is so much fun! It’s a really quick ride, but it encompasses both classic Disney dark ride, and new Disney thrill. I think it was much needed in New Fantasyland… now just give us a Belle dark ride and I’ll be REALLY impressed.

71C029EC-5BBC-4D49-B0D6-14ACC3C6E717_zpsypzsimcd.jpg

Joe agreed, he loved it but wished it were just a little bit longer! We tried to make our cart rock as much as possible…

While waiting to exit, I tried to capture a picture of the next train coming down the hill…

C2B8C653-CA1A-4FFE-BB87-D43DFF019009_zpsskyinifd.jpg

2352689D-0464-4149-9EC4-8B2B49B3B48C_zpstdckek9u.jpg

SUCCESS! I was so proud of myself!

The park was becoming super busy, and the wait times for everything were extremely high. I didn’t know that the Cubs players were also going to be there that day to celebrate their World Series win, so I think this accounted for some of the crowds. We saw so many guests wearing Cubs shirts and carrying around flags… what an awesome place to celebrate!

C00E9536-C9F2-4CBA-A6AE-6DDF5C89B12E_zps76d7t3kb.jpg

We decided since we were right there, we would hop on Prince Charming’s Carrousel. I was trying to remember a Disney fact I read having to do something with Philadelphia and its connection, but of course my brain failed me and I had to Google it when I got off.

The carousel was originally built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company in 1917 and it was originally known as the “Liberty Carousel”. That’s why there are all those golden eagles! It previously was in Detroit and New Jersey (my home sweet home)! I found out on that Google search that each horse could be valued at more than $100,000, so basically you’re riding on a goldmine. And they are also decorated with 23 karat gold leaf… the things you learn! They are also all white because the horses that pulled Cinderella’s carriage were white, and most people pick a white horse because they associate them with heroes. Look at Pegasus! Okay, I’m rambling again…

BB31C9F1-C5F9-429C-BA06-5FC728A2AEC8_zps27dtkesp.jpg

5BC88AC5-90E0-46DC-9AAD-C68E48241E48_zpsf4agxxlz.jpg

We may have been the only adults without children on at that time, but carousels are for the young and the young at heart. For children, it offers a magical horse ride to places only the imagination can take you. For the young at heart (or full grown children as I like to refer to myself) it brings back fond memories of childhood, when the world was full of wonder and the possibilities in front of you were endless.

Fantasyland was getting super crowded; I almost got run down by three strollers. Joe and I decided to head to the front of the park and stroll through some stores and just take in the surroundings.
54F11C25-52EE-4D35-9E4A-821808F25DF0_zps56gj5z2w.jpg

152B3C3A-CA28-4E42-9FDE-7014B07C9393_zpsububzaey.jpg

I really liked the new castle turrets!

We got some photopass pictures taken on Main Street, and although they kind of look like engagement photos, sadly they are not! Ugh! Joe threw a wrench in my plans to mail these out to every single person we know! LOL

B42AD3E8-5212-46E0-83EB-B2B3A4F39BAB_zpszmkygd2x.jpg

I loved this magic shot. It first appeared on my app without the balloons put in, and man it looked strange!

EF5A358A-8E06-4FDF-9762-36784280FFAF_zpszolkqgeh.jpg

C6B425F7-2CD0-419F-8F96-72410D236175_zpsad2kajzz.jpg

4E40995A-3DD7-4718-AB1A-594D2F6F5365_zpsvdox82xr.jpg

108CC6F5-DC92-49E9-92EB-B6FCD01889FF_zpsmswsp2uf.jpg

When I look at these pictures now, I really think I look like a princess. MUHAHA…My pink Toms look like princess slippers don’t they? DON’T I LOOK LIKE A PRINCESS??? You must answer this yes!

BDE1E343-BAD3-4AB0-AA1F-80BDC772C702_zpspwzej86w.jpg

E3D01FBA-92B4-4F16-8F19-4FA30BA51083_zpsjd10w3pz.jpg

We continued our journey up Main Street, USA and ran into some familiar voices!

A9B603C1-3D5D-4CB5-912E-16EEFD98A721_zpszmdp2iei.jpg

The Dapper Dans singing Christmas carols! Who doesn’t love this barbershop quartet? This was Joe’s first time seeing them, and I think he was pretty entertained! They really put me into that Christmas spirit, even though it was only a few days after Halloween!

And good thing, because Magic Kingdom’s tree is massive!

75B3D956-0753-4CA3-A285-EBDCB5D93664_zpsrzrbivs4.jpg

I could stare at the decorations in MK all day. It’s so beautiful all dressed up for the season. Magic Kingdom takes my breath away to the point where I’m a 95 year old asthmatic, so you could just imagine all the feels I was feeling.

C289E746-BE48-4104-9A75-CF421D1558AD_zpswy7ygj57.jpg

9DDF94F6-84C5-4EB0-AFD1-C58CB9625524_zpsfrvqqi0f.jpg

There’s nothing like Main Street for Christmas. NOTHING. I don’t even think the sight of my first born will compare.

I’m walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!!!!!!!!!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You should just get my drink. 8 shot Americano from Starbucks. :)

Hmm, that sounds a little dangerous. LOL, I am more of a Dunkin girl- I don't know how to order from Starbucks!

Used to be a very good week.. Not anymore. 2 years ago we went the same week and had free dining. It was only crazy on weekends that year.. Last year they cut out the free dining. So hard to figure a "slow" time to go now.. I thought this year wouldn't be as bad because Osborne Lights were gone.. Not! lol
I thought I would beat the Christmas crowds but I don't think so! LOL I can't imagine going any closer to Christmas, I couldn't believe they could fit all these people in Epcot!

Sorry there was no ring, My wife and I will be going in 180 days and this trip will close enough to our 26 anniversary.
Was hoping that you would be celebrating an engagement!!

Thank you! I was hoping too :( Guess it really was too obvious and would ruin the element of surprise BOOOO!! Happy anniversary!!

On board! Great start and can't wait for more!
Thank you! My photos are awful, but please look past that LOL

Yay, I've been looking forward to your trip report :) I'm so glad you liked Riverside!!! As you can see from my signature section, it's our favorite resort. It was the resort we stayed at during our first ever trip to WDW and we immediately fell in love with it. We've stayed in each of the sections - the standard mansion, a Royal Room, and our latest trip I requested a room in Alligator Bayou. I asked to be close to the west depot (the first stop for the theme parks) and the resort definitely delivered! We only had a 2 minute walk to the depot, we were always the first ones on the bus (plenty of available seats!). And because we were so close, we never had far to walk at the end of a busy day. The feet were very happy LOL. Can't wait to read more about your trip! We got back in October and I'm still feeling the Disney blues :(
That is so smart to request the West depot, when I stay again I will definitely ask for this! I loved Riverside sooo sooo much! I would love to try a Royal room! They look beautiful in Youtube videos! I was secretly hoping they would upgrade me to this when I got that message but oh well! There is always next time! We will get thru the post Disney blues together

I am sorry you didn't get your ring but maybe there is something special planned! Loving the report so far and will be following along. The crowds were the worst we have seen in 20 years of going apart from our last 2 days so maybe we need to re think now too!

Glad you are following along! You will make an appearance LOL! We have to move our birthdays to a new month! :)

So happy to see this today!! :) I love that you loved Riverside and I am also one of those zombies down Main Street :D
Can't wait for more!

We can be zombies together! The castle is like a magnet for us lol

He deserves a little neglecting. ;) I'm cracking up.. "Do they not know that princess Nicole is here?" Totally something that I would say.. We have issues. The hardest part about transitioning back to reality is not being called princess on a daily basis. What kind of life is this?

Anxiously awaiting more!!! :D

We are princesses! It's a shame more people do not recognize this fact! LOL.. I hate transitioning back, I have yet to do my laundry because I don't want to put away my Disney outfits... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DimpledDevil18

I've been waiting for this trip report! So glad to hear that your trip went so well, even if there was no ring. Disney engagements can be a bit overrated. Hopefully he's saving a proposal for something even more romantic.

I had heard that the crowds had been insane as of late. I really want to try and plan a F&W trip for next fall, I just don't know when to go exactly. I'm starting to think maybe the beginning of October may be best. Even though Nov would be cooler and the Christmas stuff out I don't know if I could do those kind of crowds!

Anyway I'm following along! Can't wait to read more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom