Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Your second drink looks like an Island Sunset. Yum!! Now you have me drooling for one!
Whatever it was, it was so good! All the drinks on the menu were so tempting!

Did you try the terrace? That's first come first served and has the same exact menu/drinks as the grotto, just without the interactive features.
NOOOO!!! I did not know this existed :( You live and you learn! Now I know for next time!

We had the same table at 'Ohana! It was amazing!
It was so beautiful! I couldn't believe this was actually our table! I would have sat there all trip LOL

Looks like you got the best seat in the house!
I think we did! Every trip to Ohana going forward will never compare! LOL

I was at WDW almost exactly a year prior, Nov. 7-11 2015, and crowds weren't that bad. There were near record highs every day, it was very hot and muggy, so maybe that kept some people away.

Since you didn't get your proposal, it just gives you another reason to go back again to get it!
RIGHT! I keep fake planning on the Disney website! The crowds blocked me from doing all that I wanted, plus no proposal, so I think it's only obvious I go back! Thanks for agreeing LOL

One thing I have learned over the years, is that if a crazy girl asks you if they look like a princess, you always say "Yes"!! :p
Hey who you calling crazy?! :p

I can give you some lessons on ordering. If you have had it yet you should try the black and tan at la Colombe in Fishtown. It's right up the street from Frankford hall.
I will have to try this! Mmmm Thank you! Now I'm craving a pot of coffee and it's 8 PM

Ohana!!! I'm still so depressed that Hurricane Matthew messed up my plans to have dinner there last month as it's my favorite dinner at WDW. My husband could eat nothing but bread pudding there and be happy LOL. We have a Disney cruise scheduled in 2018 and instead of staying at Universal like we originally planned, we're going to stay at WDW instead. Just so I can try to have an Ohana redo. That's completely normal right? In the meantime, I'll just read trip reports for the next 474 days and drool over pictures of food :)

TOTALLY NORMAL LOL!!! Ohana is worth it! The bread pudding alone makes it worth it! Can I join you?! LOL

Following along-so excited to read about your trip! I was disappointed to read your title-no proposal But especially disappointed about ROL-I have had two trips this year that I thought I would get to see it and still waiting with anticipation. I was hoping they would have some kind of soft open for you during your trip!

Now that the sad news is out of the way I can't wait to read more of your trip-I know it was amazing!
Thank you! It is a depressing title, but the trip was really amazing! I am soooo bummed about ROL, I thought it would for sure be open when I booked this back in February! UGH!!! I will continue stalking this project until it makes it's debut! :)

Yay, you started your trip report! Following along :D (at least until I leave for my own trip in two days!!! then I'll have to catch up!)
I AM SO JEALOUS! DO YOU HAVE ROOM IN YOUR SUITCASE?

Loving your report so far. My boyfriend and I leave next week for our magical trip and I'm also hoping for a ring!
I will hope you have better luck than I did! It's the holidays and Disney, so I think you have a high chance! Can't wait to hear about it! And don't go in expecting it, just enjoy everyday you are there! If it's meant to happen, it will! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 5th

Life did get better, how you may ask… because along with this spectacular view, we had food! Glorious, delicious food!

236D9907-544B-4B07-B7F4-7220378218BF_zpssr1ncepb.jpg

I still see you, castle :)

First was the pineapple coconut bread.

F8F0F17F-9F4D-4BC0-B824-4B43D6FDF212_zpsouqvm8qi.jpg

Joe got used to not touching anything before I took a picture. I trained him well.. HAHA! We both agreed; this bread was heavenly! We didn’t want to eat the whole loaf because we wanted to save room. We tried not to eat it, but piece by piece it disappeared. YUM YUM YUM, I’d go back for the bread alone!

8846E844-3A48-47CC-8FB4-8292E5310544_zpsulabelsc.jpg

Here’s me, cheesing like a tool, sitting on my hands so I don’t reach for another piece. Oops, I failed.

Next up was salad.

B3860311-9F3F-43F0-B2CA-8C9B3CDBB963_zps1rs9scwo.jpg

I don’t remember the dressing tasting like this back in 2006… has it ever changed? I REALLY liked it. I would have been content if the meal consisted of just the bread and the salad. DELICIOUS. De-freaking-licious!

I don’t remember when in the meal exactly we were given hot towels, but I felt extra fancy wiping my hands with it. Who knew hot towels sparked so much joy?!

Next came the pork fried dumplings, and coriander chicken wings with noodles and stir fried veggies. Again, I apologize for my awful photo taking skills.

BD0BFB19-4525-4760-B7BB-18FD8915C0E2_zpsllx2rgwi.jpg

SO GOOD. Joe and I ate and ate, and ate and ate, and soon we saw the skewers coming round. WHY WASN’T MY BELLY BIGGER?!

We both don’t like shrimp, so we told them to pile us up with sirloin steak and sweet and sour chicken. I think I ate 3 pieces, had to lean back in my chair, and take a breather. Joe was a trooper and kept on trucking.

This is the worst photo in the history of ‘Ohana dinner reporting, but I blame it on being deliriously in a food coma.

FDBAABB6-9BEC-47E6-93C9-8AFC28E32449_zpsbonfxshq.jpg

I was soon down for the count, I could not fit another morsel in my body. I was breathing heavily, hunched over, face almost in my plate. In the battle of Nicole vs. ‘Ohana, ‘Ohana won.

But then they brought out this.

ED293159-D2E3-4D20-873B-02399D88A947_zpspe17n99b.jpg

If there is a heaven, this is what the angels serve to while you lay on a cloud. I am not even going to try and describe the bread pudding because nothing that I will write can do it justice. You must try it yourself to believe me! HEAVEN. Hands down, this is the best dessert I have EVER eaten.

E5810983-C290-4267-96DC-483393C73871_zpsg6psfktn.jpg

I guess there was some room left in my stomach after all! After being force-fed… by myself, I was serenaded by a nice gentleman who sang a Hawaiian rendition of Happy Birthday. I was in a food coma, sitting by the castle, being spoiled... It was the best birthday dinner of my life! I was so ecstatic that I got flower lei! This is what I remember most about my first trip to ‘Ohana- getting to wear this lei the rest of the night! He then called up volunteers to learn how to hula, and that’s when I waddled back to my table. Joe and I settled the bill, and then sluggishly headed out to the monorail.

We could see the Electrical Water Pageant going by as we made our way back to MK, but this is the only picture I took. I am seriously the worst!

5BC763D8-CD30-49A2-8A85-B35609C9967F_zpspaomfomf.jpg

We were soon back to the ultimate place to end one’s birthday!

45A13AD0-6DDC-4B49-B7FC-CF194FFDCD5D_zpsxfqixqyt.jpg

82E53FE2-6CC9-4616-B1EB-D204B60F73AF_zpsgh8newhm.jpg

6BF9DE08-178B-47D8-A2FB-D955B7B73F51_zpsxvlpyiei.jpg

It actually seemed like a lot of people where leaving as we arrived! Please be less crowded than it was earlier!

6F229897-B60A-4C87-84B0-85372BCF1A4A_zpscyynkraf.jpg

I took a million low quality pictures of the castle, as usual.

2DF966E1-ED7B-407D-8286-4F6880631EED_zpsvwx3aduf.jpg

5B074183-BDEF-4BEF-B9B5-AEF1BAE04F6D_zpshij240e8.jpg

It looked like Elsa had worked her magic while we were at dinner. Thanks girl, it looks beautiful!

F8D5BEAE-8206-4339-B4EE-41B7AD57BC63_zpshdjurnd1.jpg

In true Nicole fashion, I decided now was the perfect time for Space Mountain. I had just discovered Disney gave us a new fastpass that could be used on any ride, except mine train, for not being able to redeem our morning fastpass at Space. Now, after a huge meal, was definitely the appropriate time. LOL

836F4869-9FA5-4EF1-A8DD-6D765628A2E5_zpsxyv3joqo.jpg

1A0196ED-CE26-4A78-84BD-2100706FA049_zpsdn9hgmry.jpg

Luckily, we were able to keep down our dinners as we blasted off into outer space. And that rocket fuel gave us each a burst of energy that was just what we needed. The night was young! (I was old.) Let's end this birthday in style! :)

LeighM

TOTALLY NORMAL LOL!!! Ohana is worth it! The bread pudding alone makes it worth it! Can I join you?! LOL

Of course LOL. How's March 2018 for you? :) It's a very sad thing but I have very few friends that like Disney. Shocking right??? Most of them think I'm a total weirdo (or as some family has said, "a loser" lol) for going to a kids park as much as I have. They just don't get it. Which is great because it's less people to make the parks crowded LOL. Or fight for a prime Ohana dinner reservation :joyfull:

Longers

Of course LOL. How's March 2018 for you? :) It's a very sad thing but I have very few friends that like Disney. Shocking right??? Most of them think I'm a total weirdo (or as some family has said, "a loser" lol) for going to a kids park as much as I have. They just don't get it. Which is great because it's less people to make the parks crowded LOL. Or fight for a prime Ohana dinner reservation :joyfull:
I only have 1 friend that really likes Disney - one day I would love to go there with someone as mad as me, then we could run around meeting princesses and characters and have our faces painted. We're not mad or weird we are the fun ones :)

Seanual757

Wow really shocked you did not get the ring on your trip hope your BF has something bigger planned maybe a Christmas proposal, but knowing how much of a Disney freak you are no better place to have done it IMHO for you would have been Disney. Tell him it’s time to invest in DVC and take your relationship to the next level :D

Good lord girl you can put down some food, good thing you were on the Dining plan I feel like I need to go for a 3-4 mile brisk walk after seeing all of the food pictures.

Glad you had a great time, I will say over the past 3 years we have had really good luck going in March (3rd week of the month) that is our week long trip we take each year, the crowds are not like they are during the summer and fall. We were at the MK on 11/11 for the Christmas party and I was surprised that the attendance for the party was not bigger we really enjoyed the short wait times.

Looking forward to more of your Trip report

mlegerto

This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond

He better! Naaaaah....I'm just kidding Joe! I'm sure that when he is ready he will have something amazing planned - if not, come find me and we will teach him what a Princess deserves!

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

The feeling that you get when you can FINALLY relax (packing, traveling, arrival, etc. all taken care of) is amazing! Not much compares with this time you first get this feeling....well except for when you actually cross onto Disney property.

I am in my twenties, but when I think back to the “good old days” of my childhood, it is reminiscent with the vibe of Riverside. With the “Tom Sawyer” back-story, it makes you yearn for days without cell phones, or the internet, when you would jump in an ole swimming hole or search for a buried treasure with the neighborhood kids. When parents didn’t worry about you being out and about with no way to get in touch with you, as long as you made it home for supper. When you used your imagination, and played outside, and okay I am getting carried away now… LOL

I have this feeling all of the time. I swear, kids cannot be kids anymore. I literally remember the rule was, be home for dinner and be home for the night once the street lights turn on LOL. Anyways, I can 100% relate. The theming at so many of the Disney hotels just reminds you of a simpler, less stressful time. I want that feeling ALL of the time....guess I just have to move into a Disney hotel permantly. Don't think I have enough DVC point for that tho....:(

THE VERY FIRST REVEAL
D7C1D43A-3869-444C-B0DD-B120647F79A9_zpskzf6jvmj.jpg

Not much in life can quite live up to this first sighting is there.

mlegerto

AMAZING so far...just as I expected.

Sorry to hear that you didn't come home with a ring, but I'm sure Joe has something very special planned. I can't wait to read about the rest of your adventure. What an amazing birthday you had - AMAZE-balls!

If there is a heaven, this is what the angels serve to while you lay on a cloud. I am not even going to try and describe the bread pudding because nothing that I will write can do it justice. You must try it yourself to believe me! HEAVEN. Hands down, this is the best dessert I have EVER eaten.

Couldn't.Agree.More.D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

NutsForFlorida

Nov 4th

We bid farewell to the magical express, and stepped into our home for the next 10 days. Thankfully, due to most guests using online check-in, there was no line when we went to the front desk. Also thankfully, we had a room! We were in the Acadian House, in the mansions! I had left it up to the Disney Gods in the battle of Alligator Bayou versus Magnolia Bend and they delivered! (They are both themed to perfection so I just couldn’t pick!)

ED08BCB8-6708-4E35-A6E2-DAC8C90141BA_zpsa2tw1ye1.jpg

A nice crooked photo while waiting at the desk…

It turned out I received that text message because everything kept linking back to my pink magic band from a previous trip. They simply had to reset everything to my new purple band. It took just a quick few minutes for everything to be fixed! It was closing in on 11 PM, and we both were feeling hungry, so off we went to use our first quick service of the trip! AHHHHHHHH!!

F4F4D5BC-6498-4125-B9D3-6AF1EB639A94_zpsfbaytr0f.jpg

I must apologize that I lack photography skills, but I tried! LOL

We each got a pizza, me a plain and Joe had the meatlovers. I got a red mug with a handle, and Joe a blue. They had both handles and handle-less so I am not sure what exactly will continue!

A1AE9ABD-2582-419B-9F31-14990E963236_zpschdz5w6e.jpg

We both thought the pizza was super yummy. A great first Disney meal! It was on a flatbread but still was really filling! We each ate all but two pieces and decided to bring them back to our room. I couldn’t wait to see it!

3865C138-21B7-406D-A036-665CD6C01FF0_zpshsslpwwk.jpg

I felt in awe of everything, and I don’t know why I didn’t snap more photos, but trust me when I say this resort is gorgeous. You are instantly transported to “The South.” And I know, I know, Florida is the south Nicole… but I am talking about that old fashioned genteel feel of the south. I could picture myself as a Southern Belle, with a hoop skirt and Mason jar filled with homemade lemonade, strolling along the riverside.

008F18D4-0473-4660-A8C8-B4479375B1C7_zpsfdkfpvzq.jpg

I am in my twenties, but when I think back to the “good old days” of my childhood, it is reminiscent with the vibe of Riverside. With the “Tom Sawyer” back-story, it makes you yearn for days without cell phones, or the internet, when you would jump in an ole swimming hole or search for a buried treasure with the neighborhood kids. When parents didn’t worry about you being out and about with no way to get in touch with you, as long as you made it home for supper. When you used your imagination, and played outside, and okay I am getting carried away now… LOL

It was weird to walk into my resort room for the first time at night! I actually liked coming in at night, we weren’t in any rush to get to a park, so we leisurely strolled to the Acadian House.

D2B09B9E-82E9-41B2-95DF-9D24B462CB0D_zpspqdhra9w.jpg

A MICKEY IS ON THE BED! “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” Towel Mickey heads bring tears to my eyes!

2292BD36-CAE7-4317-B8B1-1DBF7FAC4A91_zpstwz2f31l.jpg

183F25E9-A85C-485B-BE2B-562FFF948D1D_zpstaycmq7y.jpg

Isn’t it beautiful! We had two beds, which my boyfriend later joked we would need since we were eating too much to fit in one together! We were on the second floor and our view looked out to a dazzling fountain.

29059C2D-4E07-49E3-AE59-795867293466_zpsbvjghhd5.jpg

45BE0225-5285-40F5-A827-B5279029AA60_zpsmk7fnogi.jpg

I am so happy LOL

I could not get over the fact that I was here! Thank goodness I was so full of energy because it was now time to wait for our luggage! What to do, what to do?

74068F2B-DA97-4ADC-B782-CC08956CC651_zpsyyxiuiyd.jpg

Take selfies in the mirror,

967DF5FE-484B-4695-BBA9-3AE9EF8249C1_zpszq8zmldp.jpg

Snap a photo of our mugs with HANDLES,

A21D2BE7-34F1-4A7D-8814-7AB4B70A1311_zpswjtrchcw.jpg

And document our exact room number (oh I love thee!)

I kept opening the door to see if we could see any carts driving luggage around. No such luck. I didn’t want to call; I kept saying I’ll give them another 10 minutes. Joe and I both really wanted to shower, after a day of travel and coming into humid Orlando, we both did not smell too hot. I was not smart, and did not pack any clothes in my carry-on; it was simply filed with shoes and Mickey ears.

I contemplated showering and lying in the bed naked, but I thought that would be super awkward when the luggage finally did arrive. I could see it now, “Oh hey, nothing’s weird here, just leave it by the door, close your eyes and back away.” LOL

Joe was smart and had a pair of shorts in his carry-on, so I urged him to shower with the Mickey products (I would allow it this once). I thought it would be less awkward for the luggage person to walk in on a man with no shirt on than a naked woman in bed. PEOPLE PUT A CHANGE OF CLOTHES IN YOUR LUGGAGE! LOL

06A292BD-5CC0-4015-9531-A80FE081FF1B_zpsbojxdysv.jpg

It was after 12 so it was officially my birthday, so I ate this cookie to celebrate.

Joe sang to me, I talked to a couple of my friends back home, watched some Stacy, and then I finally gave in and called for the luggage. They told me it was on the way, but if I didn’t want it delivered so late that I could pick it up in the morning. UM NO!!!!!!!!!! “All I have is shoes!” I told the woman on the other end. HOW COULD I GO TO MAGIC KINGDOM IN THIS SAME OUTFIT?! THEY WON’T LET ME IN JUST WEARING SHOES! WHAT AM I TO DO?!

Joe told me to just go shower and to stop freaking out, I could pretend to be sleeping when they finally came. Lucky for me, as soon as I turned on the water, there was a knock on our door. OUR LUGGAGE ARRIVED. I did my happy dance, washed my smelly body, and hopped into my heaven of a bed. Visions of Magic Kingdom played out in my head, and I was soon fast asleep.

:)

I stayed at Port Orleans last February. I love that place. Also ran into the same luggage issues. Later the flight, the later the luggage arrives. So next time, I have a morning flight. Otherwise, Port Orleans is awesome.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thankfully, my best friend is just as obsessed with Disney, the only downside is that she's a teacher! Going in the summer always seemed preferable to Spring Break, so that probably when we will go in 2018... Unless I join you in March... you have room for me? Also, my boyfriend said he had a great time and wants to go back... did I create a Disney monster?! My dad thinks I'm insane. Every time I come home he asks if I've had enough Mickey... NO DAD! I'll never get enough!

Your Ohana pictures are making me want to catch the next plane down to Orlando... just for dinner :hungry:. That would be crazy right?
You and me both! I would fly there for dessert alone! LOL

I only have 1 friend that really likes Disney - one day I would love to go there with someone as mad as me, then we could run around meeting princesses and characters and have our faces painted. We're not mad or weird we are the fun ones :)
We need a WDWmagic mad about Disney trip! Who's all in? LOL

Thats not easy!!! In my opinion, SM is the worst ride in all of WDW on a full stomach :confused::depressed::hungover::in pain:. All of those dark twists and turns. It kills me on an empty stomach, but we keep going back for more.
Nothing like settling your stomach with a trip to space! I always forget how bumpy it is! Every time LOL

Enjoying the start. Looks like a great time.
Thank you for reading! :)

Wow really shocked you did not get the ring on your trip hope your BF has something bigger planned maybe a Christmas proposal, but knowing how much of a Disney freak you are no better place to have done it IMHO for you would have been Disney. Tell him it’s time to invest in DVC and take your relationship to the next level :D

Good lord girl you can put down some food, good thing you were on the Dining plan I feel like I need to go for a 3-4 mile brisk walk after seeing all of the food pictures.

Glad you had a great time, I will say over the past 3 years we have had really good luck going in March (3rd week of the month) that is our week long trip we take each year, the crowds are not like they are during the summer and fall. We were at the MK on 11/11 for the Christmas party and I was surprised that the attendance for the party was not bigger we really enjoyed the short wait times.

Looking forward to more of your Trip report
I was really surprised it didn't happen either, and so was everyone else around me! He better have a trick up his sleeve or I really am going to move to Orlando LOL... DVC? YES PLEASE. DVC sounds better than a ring lol

I really don't eat like I eat in Disney at home, but it's a nice treat when I'm down there... maybe that's why I love Disney so much.. THE FOOD!!!

The Christmas party was the only time we had really short waits, so thankfully we did have that time. I am going to have to look into this March business.. what's the weather in March?

I feel stuffed just reading about the Ohana dinner. Happy belated birthday!
Thank you! I am hungry looking at the pics... :arghh:
He better! Naaaaah....I'm just kidding Joe! I'm sure that when he is ready he will have something amazing planned - if not, come find me and we will teach him what a Princess deserves!

The feeling that you get when you can FINALLY relax (packing, traveling, arrival, etc. all taken care of) is amazing! Not much compares with this time you first get this feeling....well except for when you actually cross onto Disney property.

I have this feeling all of the time. I swear, kids cannot be kids anymore. I literally remember the rule was, be home for dinner and be home for the night once the street lights turn on LOL. Anyways, I can 100% relate. The theming at so many of the Disney hotels just reminds you of a simpler, less stressful time. I want that feeling ALL of the time....guess I just have to move into a Disney hotel permantly. Don't think I have enough DVC point for that tho....:(

Not much in life can quite live up to this first sighting is there.
I am glad you found my report and are following along! And you may have to kick his behind a little bit! LOL And if you decide to move to Disney permanently, hit me up! This is sounding more and more like the life I always wanted...

Have you seen ROL cast previews this weekend! Typical - say no more :(
I saw! I actually was messaging with the man I was telling you about he said something was coming soon... and now look! I wonder when they will officially announce it tho.. I am kind of hoping it is next year because then I won't be soooo upset, if it's just weeks after us leaving it's gonna hurt pretty bad! :(

I stayed at Port Orleans last February. I love that place. Also ran into the same luggage issues. Later the flight, the later the luggage arrives. So next time, I have a morning flight. Otherwise, Port Orleans is awesome.
I now know to pack a change of clothes in my carry on. It's not smart to simply fill it with ears! You live and you learn! And I loved Riverside!! :inlove:

Your birthday sounds pretty perfect. I love Ohana, especially with your bonus castle view. The food is sooooo yummy!
This was the best birthday of my life! I don't know if will ever be better! I have ruined it for life LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom