Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

roj2323

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 1. The Flame Tree Barbeque dining pavilions closest to the main Discovery Island pathway are being refurbished. The restaurant is still open, but the construction walls installed right up to the window queues give an initial appearance it is closed.

View attachment 132923

Just for an idea of Just how long this is taking Toothsome Chocolate Factory & Savory Feast Emporium over at universal was announced on March 14th. and has been built and is now open. It's kinda crazy.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov. 9. Decorative animal carvings are being added to the gazebo. Only about half way around the perimeter so far.

IMG_8617.JPG

WDWFanDave

Saw this in person a few days ago, and I don't think the pictures capture the size of this gazebo...it's huge! I agree it's taken a while, but even looking just over the walls, I'd say this is going to provide quite the dramatic change when the walls finally come down.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just for an idea of Just how long this is taking Toothsome Chocolate Factory & Savory Feast Emporium over at universal was announced on March 14th. and has been built and is now open. It's kinda crazy.

Is it not amazing that the park which is run like WDW USED to be can get things open in the timeframes WDW used to operate on, Yet the 'Financial Engineering' park can't build a gazebo in less than two years...

Bocabear

Saw this in person a few days ago, and I don't think the pictures capture the size of this gazebo...it's huge! I agree it's taken a while, but even looking just over the walls, I'd say this is going to provide quite the dramatic change when the walls finally come down.
It's true, the Gazebo is very tall and it is lovely, but in my town they broke ground on an apartment building about the same time they started building this gazebo... The 8 story, 96 unit building is almost complete......much like this dining gazebo ... it does make it kind of funny....

Cesar R M

It's true, the Gazebo is very tall and it is lovely, but in my town they broke ground on an apartment building about the same time they started building this gazebo... The 8 story, 96 unit building is almost complete......much like this dining gazebo ... it does make it kind of funny....
but..but.. does it has disney branded snorting dust?
does it has nice hidden mickeys somewhere?
does it has fine animal details made of plywood and resins? :hilarious:

roj2323

Well like I pointed out a few pages back. The chocolate Factory restaurant at universal was announced, constructed and has been open for 2 months now in the time it's taken to build the gazebo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom