A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

WildcatDen

Goodness gracious, what the hell happened to this thread?
So, Cheese Steaks. I truly believe, having been to Philly and Trenton, that the best Cheese Steak I have had is at Penn Station here in Cincinnati.

Penn Station.png

Nickels5

A question, do you think the blogging/whoring community in O-Town has been told what restaurants and shops they have to pimp by Dr. Blondie and Co?

I just wonder because they all seem to rave about Homecoming, which is wildly overrated and pricey ($26-29 for fried chicken?!?! I don't care that Art Smith made it for Oprah!), and all seem to bash STK, which seems much less part of the 'fan/DPB community'. I haven't dined at the latter, but is popular in other locations.

Also seems that the Bloggers just all love the places owned and operated by WDW Co. The DeLuxe Burger joint and the wildly lousy Jock Lindsey's (do they actually put alcohol in their drinks or exist to sell mugs to fanbois who think alcohol is 'icky'?)

Another popular place is Blaze Pizza, which I enjoy but they are all over the place with cheaper prices than the DS locale.

It is almost like when fanboi bloggers and Lifestylers bashed the Alice film. They knew that was OK, so long as they didn't bash Captain America 3 (never saw) and Finding Dory (very average). Bet they all love Moana and Rogue One.

Just wondering how much the bloggers are being pushed to like certain places or send eyes their way ...
Why are you here man? I really do appreciate all the info you have provided over the years and your opinion on certain things I agree with 100%, but if you hate everything so damn much why are you still posting here? You talk about other people having an addiction but if you are so displeased with everything Disney has to offer just walk away man it will be better for your health.

HauntedMansionFLA

As much as i hate the word Synergy, AAPL buying DIS makes sense because it fixes major holes in both companies portfolio of media products and services.

Disney - finally a dedicated distribution channel
Apple - Content that THEY own lock stock and barrel and a broadcast network of their very own.

Apple's model since the first iPod has been content drives hardware purchases it's why apple goes to such lengths to make the iTunes store a frictionless experience for it's devices.
Sounds like a match made in heaven......why isn't Iger jumping on this?

RSoxNo1

A question, do you think the blogging/whoring community in O-Town has been told what restaurants and shops they have to pimp by Dr. Blondie and Co?

I just wonder because they all seem to rave about Homecoming, which is wildly overrated and pricey ($26-29 for fried chicken?!?! I don't care that Art Smith made it for Oprah!), and all seem to bash STK, which seems much less part of the 'fan/DPB community'. I haven't dined at the latter, but is popular in other locations.

Also seems that the Bloggers just all love the places owned and operated by WDW Co. The DeLuxe Burger joint and the wildly lousy Jock Lindsey's (do they actually put alcohol in their drinks or exist to sell mugs to fanbois who think alcohol is 'icky'?)

Another popular place is Blaze Pizza, which I enjoy but they are all over the place with cheaper prices than the DS locale.

It is almost like when fanboi bloggers and Lifestylers bashed the Alice film. They knew that was OK, so long as they didn't bash Captain America 3 (never saw) and Finding Dory (very average). Bet they all love Moana and Rogue One.

Just wondering how much the bloggers are being pushed to like certain places or send eyes their way ...
The fried chicken at Homecoming was excellent. The doughnut it was paired with was nothing spectacular and presumably a gimmick.

Having said that, I've eaten at Morimoto Asia, Homecoming and BOATHOUSE and would actually put them in that order. All three are pricey though so just singling out Homecoming isn't fair.

Captain America Civil War is a great addition to the MCU. I've come to find your opinions on movies largely contrarian so with that in mind, you'd probably hate it. I felt it was a better successor to the original Avengers than Age of Ultron.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why are you here man? I really do appreciate all the info you have provided over the years and your opinion on certain things I agree with 100%, but if you hate everything so damn much why are you still posting here? You talk about other people having an addiction but if you are so displeased with everything Disney has to offer just walk away man it will be better for your health.

Might it be that Spirit loves Disney as it was run for decades before Iger and his minions started running the company into the ground for personal profit.

It's possible to love the Disney experience but utterly despise the way company is being run.

wdwfan4ver

No kidding those bloggers are being told where to pimp by Dr. Blondie and Company. I went to WDW earlier this year. I didn't go out my way for Deluxe Burger Burger joint because the local burger place I go to offers shakes, burgers, and fries at cheaper prices. While that place isn't in Florida, it is a perfect measuring stick in terms of the items they offer.

I also did look at some new places at Disney springs. Some of the shops were empty at night despite Disney Springs being busy or people just didn't buy a single thing in those shops. I am not surprised about Amorette's Patisserie cutting their hours. While I saw a small amount of people eating there, the prices are the problem over there. I didn't buy anything from there matter of fact.

wdwfan4ver

Here is a prime example from local burger place compare to deluxe burger joint.

Here is a picture of the fries from a local burger joint that I go to once in a while with them costing $2.10:

hamburger-fries.jpg

If you are wondering a small order of fries at the deluxe burger joint at Disney Springs cost $4.99.

That burger in the picture actually cost much less than the burgers at the deluxe burger joint also.

Stripes

I agree there is a snowball's chance in hell that this deal passes regulatory muster as both sides of the aisle hate it for good reason.
There's abundant reasons to despise these mergers, but if AT&T can escape the FCC, this deal has arguably a far better chance of passing than not.

The Department of Justice has a responsibility to conduct an investigation based on the facts, not politics (regardless of overwhelming agreement). The anti-trust laws in the U.S. actually PROMOTE vertical mergers, as they are viewed as increasing efficency. I don't agree with this whatsoever, but it is the law.

Further side note, I don't want to get political but Time Warner is Hillary Clinton's 9th largest donor. So.....

asianway

Is someone holding a gun at your head forcing you to read it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom