A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Californian Elitist

Hey what's up sour grapes! Not sure what WDW ever did to you but you sure do come across as a bitter ex-employee.
Please stop stating your opinion as fact or as if you are the last word on anything.
Just a couple of points on your pointless rant that most of the sheep tend to eat up around hear.
First, STK is a restaurant that I believe originated in the meat packing district of New York and it's extremely overrated. Not considered a top notch steak house, which is a fact. I knew it was a money grab when they tried to launch it in Disney. It is failing down there cause it is wildly expensive and it's just a good restaurant but not great.

Secondly, you bash anything that is popular in Disney and try to discredit it by stating things like, o-town lifers, mommy bloggers or by creating these wild conspiracy theories....

Honestly man stop coming to the website if you are going to aimlessly and baselessly tear things down. I.e... Finding Dory.
Finding Dory was a fantastic flick,,,and most people really enjoyed it... But you didn't so you state that it was very average... Why? Cause your opinion is so important? Bit of a self important narcissist are you?

Also, your other opinions are also way off base but I really don't feel like spending any more time on some one who clearly has an anti Disney agenda.

Lastly take your Karl Rovian tactics and stay off of this site.
Please stay in universal where the grass is greener of course!

Oh, boy. Look what we have here.

Do you see the irony of your post? My guess is you don't, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Matt7187

What???
Love people, that don't actually hear or comprehend what is being said but respond with gibberish.
Solid work. Good job on missing the point and responding with the first unrelated thought that popped into your head.
post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

Mike S

A question, do you think the blogging/whoring community in O-Town has been told what restaurants and shops they have to pimp by Dr. Blondie and Co?

I just wonder because they all seem to rave about Homecoming, which is wildly overrated and pricey ($26-29 for fried chicken?!?! I don't care that Art Smith made it for Oprah!), and all seem to bash STK, which seems much less part of the 'fan/DPB community'. I haven't dined at the latter, but is popular in other locations.

Also seems that the Bloggers just all love the places owned and operated by WDW Co. The DeLuxe Burger joint and the wildly lousy Jock Lindsey's (do they actually put alcohol in their drinks or exist to sell mugs to fanbois who think alcohol is 'icky'?)

Another popular place is Blaze Pizza, which I enjoy but they are all over the place with cheaper prices than the DS locale.

It is almost like when fanboi bloggers and Lifestylers bashed the Alice film. They knew that was OK, so long as they didn't bash Captain America 3 (never saw) and Finding Dory (very average). Bet they all love Moana and Rogue One.

Just wondering how much the bloggers are being pushed to like certain places or send eyes their way ...
I had STK during my California/Las Vegas trip last year. It was really good.

Also, I thought school was back in session?

Nemo14

Hey what's up sour grapes! Not sure what WDW ever did to you but you sure do come across as a bitter ex-employee.
Please stop stating your opinion as fact or as if you are the last word on anything.
Just a couple of points on your pointless rant that most of the sheep tend to eat up around hear.
First, STK is a restaurant that I believe originated in the meat packing district of New York and it's extremely overrated. Not considered a top notch steak house, which is a fact. I knew it was a money grab when they tried to launch it in Disney. It is failing down there cause it is wildly expensive and it's just a good restaurant but not great.

Secondly, you bash anything that is popular in Disney and try to discredit it by stating things like, o-town lifers, mommy bloggers or by creating these wild conspiracy theories....

Honestly man stop coming to the website if you are going to aimlessly and baselessly tear things down. I.e... Finding Dory.
Finding Dory was a fantastic flick,,,and most people really enjoyed it... But you didn't so you state that it was very average... Why? Cause your opinion is so important? Bit of a self important narcissist are you?

Also, your other opinions are also way off base but I really don't feel like spending any more time on some one who clearly has an anti Disney agenda.

So why are you reading his posts on a thread that he created?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I see what you did there and there is no irony you just think there is.
Take your head out of the clouds and stop thinking that your short snarky response is logical In anyway.

You are just one of his guards coming to his defense.
The OP doesn't need anyone to defend him. And in case you missed it, this is a discussion forum. A place for opines on all sides....

brb1006

Give up all hope. ... WDW may well improve in the future, but the days of world class Guest Service at a world class resort got left behind in the 20th century and they are not coming back.

WDW's target audience is rubes with money (or monied trash as I like to call them). People who don't know any better ... people who barely go out to eat at home, so they don't get why paying $52 for an a la carte steak at Le Cellier is insane. Those Guests wouldn't know world class Guest Service if it bit them on their collective behinds, so it's not coming back. Hell, even the local Four Seasons -- kisses up to trashy bloggers to shill what should be a 5-star property.
At least Tokyo Disney Resort still keeps the spirit of the old Walt Disney World's way by being a world class resort and theme park.

brb1006

Well, I want to know how you know that because I KNOW the BoD was sold on the entire NGE program on added revenue that would partially come by monetizing FP. How many years into this ridiculous boondoggle are we? How many billions have been spent (a lot more than you likely think)? And that money is nowhere to be seen because it was a fundamentally BAD concept. It was designed to take the place of adding new attractions and sold based on that notion, that people would spend less time in lines, increase satisfaction scores by allowing Guests to do more in a day, and that they'd spend more in retail and food and beverage (tale as old as time).

There are plenty of theme parks to visit in Europe, including two Disney parks. But one must first give up their addiction for parks in the swamps or Disney IP entirely.
Hopefully when I get a chance to visit Europe I'm definitely going to visit the Netherlands for Efteling.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Do you need an oxygen tank up there on that high horse? LOL.

I don't need to additional research to know that going on a cruise would be the worst, most boring vacation for me. I'd never pay thousands of dollars for it. I see the ocean every day. I have no need to sit on a floating hotel since when I do travel I spend as little time at the hotel as possible.

It's not narrow minded to know how one prefers to spend their time and money.
You rarely spend time in the room. You enjoy dining, shows, spas, activities, sport. Most short itinaries have you on the boat only overnight.. so being 'trapped' while you sleep should be survivable even for the most free-spirit.

If I were talking to someone who may prefer to spend their time doing things like climbing mountains... to helping build huts in Haiti... I'd be overreaching... but presumably you are the type that actually vacations at a Disney property from time to time and enjoys it. Minus the walking and rides... a Disney cruise is not much different, but actually emphasizes aspects that land based Disney has forgotten how to do. Cleanliness, Dining, SERVICE!!!, and wow details.

I certainly didn't feel trapped in a hotel when enjoying the beach in St Maartin, or flying through the trees in San Juan, or swimming with dolphins in Nassau. Nor did I miss ADRs, noise, and paper freaking place mats while enjoying our meals with staff that actually know your needs and traits. Or enjoying making cocktails with a bartender with a great personality... or watching the world premier of a film in real3D.

All things I've appreciated while agreeing to be 'stuck on a floating hotel'.

But I guess some people think buying overpriced drinks in fake stucco town squares is soooo much better.

Don't need to research.. hrmph. You know what they say, the difference between ignorant and stupid? The ignorant know they don't know.

brb1006

Rates start at $356 and go up to $750 (all rates plus tax) for standard rooms in 2016. Deluxe rooms and concierge and suites go well into four figures.

Europe absolutely has theme parks. In 2016, I have visited the top two parks/resorts in Germany. They are both wonderful and worthy of my hard-earned money. Oh, there's also a Disney resort in France that has been open for almost a quarter of a century now. And blessedly (thank you, Jesus!) no one is telling you ''to have a MAGICal day" every time you ask where the nearest toilet is located. ... One might add that if all you ever do is sit on WDW property when in FL while giving as much money as you can to the "Make The Weatherman a Billionaire Before He Leaves" fund that you aren't visiting FL at all so much as feeding a BRAND addiction.
At least they don't overuse the term "Magical" or "Magic" in the other Disney Parks across the globe.

brb1006

Largely just visiting as I can only tolerate so much insanity at once! I did think about starting another thread and decided against it because I feel some responsibility to hang around for a while when I do so.

Much of the information I have revolves around other Disney resorts and even divisions. The biggest news out of WDW is (this will shock no one) that just about any/every project is behind schedule with many also over-budget.

Rivers of Light is beyond a joke at this point considering this is a project that started in 2007. Chew on that one. ... And Pandora is headed down a similar path. But, no, Joe Rohde isn't (currently) going to lose his job or 'retire' when it finally debuts.

What I last heard on EPCOT was that nothing huge is set in stone. Lots of ideas. Some halfway decent, many involve raping the carcass and adding more IP where it shouldn't be.

Right now, the park continues to do huge business as the largest outdoor bar in Florida. And ... bars ... themed bars with pricey mugs for OCD fanbois ... continue to be a large push for the P&R unit. The amount of pop-up places to have alcohol all around WDW is truly astounding. Oh, and yes, there remains a real problem with drunks and boorish behavior (you know, the stuff that supposedly killed Pleasure Island).

Please don't even ask about The Star Wars Experience because the more I hear, the more I believe Disney will continue to lie in marketing and make fans of the films (who aren't park regulars) plan trips to 'The Star Wars Park' only to find Star Tours 2.0, and a giant commercial/shop known as Launch Bay. Yes, the new pyro show (I still haven't seen it) will be tweaked a bit before it returns after the holidays, but only to add Rogue One into it.

When I see what (how little and mostly already done elsewhere) DLP is doing for its 25th Anniversary next year, I worry about TSWE and new entertainment highlighting WDW's 50th.
I really hope Disney doesn't screw up the 50th of WDW. It's a major milestone for the entire resort so Disney has got to do something extra special right?

AEfx

You rarely spend time in the room. You enjoy dining, shows, spas, activities, sport. Most short itinaries have you on the boat only overnight.. so being 'trapped' while you sleep should be survivable even for the most free-spirit.

If I were talking to someone who may prefer to spend their time doing things like climbing mountains... to helping build huts in Haiti... I'd be overreaching... but presumably you are the type that actually vacations at a Disney property from time to time and enjoys it. Minus the walking and rides... a Disney cruise is not much different, but actually emphasizes aspects that land based Disney has forgotten how to do. Cleanliness, Dining, SERVICE!!!, and wow details.

I certainly didn't feel trapped in a hotel when enjoying the beach in St Maartin, or flying through the trees in San Juan, or swimming with dolphins in Nassau. Nor did I miss ADRs, noise, and paper freaking place mats while enjoying our meals with staff that actually know your needs and traits. Or enjoying making cocktails with a bartender with a great personality... or watching the world premier of a film in real3D.

All things I've appreciated while agreeing to be 'stuck on a floating hotel'.

But I guess some people think buying overpriced drinks in fake stucco town squares is soooo much better.

Don't need to research.. hrmph. You know what they say, the difference between ignorant and stupid? The ignorant know they don't know.

Are you seriously still arguing with me about my personal preferences?

If I wanted to do the things you stated - dining, shows, etc - I'd go to a proper place for such things like NYC, which I do quite often. Not the warmed over versions with limited choices on cruise ships.

You are making so many assumptions it's not even worth going through them one by one. You enjoy cruises. Great. I have zero desire to spend my money on them. Result - I'm ignorant?

I can see the ocean from where I sit right now - it just doesn't hold any allure for me when any of the activities I might possibly enjoy on a cruise I can do in so many other ways, in so many other places.

My goodness. If you want to work out whatever personal issues you have with me, at least pick a topic that you could actually present a valid argument or two with.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are you seriously still arguing with me about my personal preferences?

No, I was trying to debunk your ignorant assumptions about what the experience is... but you've stated time and time again... this
head-in-sand.jpg

is your preferred position.. So you win... keep on eyes wide shut.

God knows what you actually find attractive about a Disney park...

NearTheEars

A question, do you think the blogging/whoring community in O-Town has been told what restaurants and shops they have to pimp by Dr. Blondie and Co?

I just wonder because they all seem to rave about Homecoming, which is wildly overrated and pricey ($26-29 for fried chicken?!?! I don't care that Art Smith made it for Oprah!), and all seem to bash STK, which seems much less part of the 'fan/DPB community'. I haven't dined at the latter, but is popular in other locations.

Also seems that the Bloggers just all love the places owned and operated by WDW Co. The DeLuxe Burger joint and the wildly lousy Jock Lindsey's (do they actually put alcohol in their drinks or exist to sell mugs to fanbois who think alcohol is 'icky'?)

Another popular place is Blaze Pizza, which I enjoy but they are all over the place with cheaper prices than the DS locale.

It is almost like when fanboi bloggers and Lifestylers bashed the Alice film. They knew that was OK, so long as they didn't bash Captain America 3 (never saw) and Finding Dory (very average). Bet they all love Moana and Rogue One.

Just wondering how much the bloggers are being pushed to like certain places or send eyes their way ...

I could see TDO encouraging bloggers to pump more PR time into certain locations, but not asking them to give bad reviews to a new restaurant renting on their property. Seems quite counterproductive.

NearTheEars

@WDW1974 has a lot of exclusive information to offer. So you have to take the good with the bad. Though I'm not a fan of his delivery at all, he knows exactly what he's doing and is calculated in pushing his agenda.

I think he'd be much more successful, and get even more folks on his side if he cut out the name calling, but I can't blame him for not lightening up. The shtick has been working pretty well for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom