A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

GiveMeTheMusic

Tony Baxter? He's been so far under the radar since his departure that you might want to target someone else for your hypothetical scenario.

Attempts were made to reach him earlier this year to inquire about his interest in serving as keynote speaker for an event in 2017 and I kid you not, people at Disney in Glendale & Burbank could not get so much as an e-mail response. I hope he is in good health. If anyone has current info, please share. Thanks-

Well one of our forum members had dinner at Club 33 with him just a few weeks ago. You can find the Tony Baxter thread describing it on the Disneyland forum here. Perhaps he just didn't want to speak at the event?

truecoat

Spirit admitted it about star wars in his post before he left that Iger did feel it was too dark. Remember the only people who saw the film were Disney execs. And when hasn't a director lied about the progress of a film (F4 anyone) and the reasons for reshoots?

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-reshoots-2/

Others in the know seem to say the opposite.

Hey guys. Writer from Star Wars News Net over here.

Recently, that Page Six report about Rogue One: A Star Wars Story being a mess and requiring reshoots left a bit of a splash across the internet.

I have it on good authority that there's not actually a cause for alarm. The concerns were sensationalized for the purpose of selling an exclusive story; the three to four weeks of reshoots and pick-ups were planned to begin with, and the cast knew about them well in advance (as evident by Donnie Yen's recent statement).

I know that Star Wars: The Force Awakens had reshoots that took the same amount of time. If we were dealing with a messy production, then the reshoots would last a lot longer than a little under a month. Fant4stic, for frame of reference, had reshoots that lasted 5 months.

With any tentpole like this, this is becoming the rule and not the exception. So don't panic.

brb1006

Tony Baxter is long gone, and certainly wouldn't be qualified to be the CEO in any case.

What would be "interesting and fresh" would not be to go back in time, but go forward with a new generation, some of whom indeed would be fully capable of doing what folks feel needs to be done.

Unfortunately, no matter who is in charge - Disney does not exist in a bubble, however much we wish it did - and the truth of the matter is that anyone that ran the parks the way we wish they would be run would be run out of town themselves by Wall Street before the ink was dry on the contract.
At least OLC handles Tokyo Disneyland and Sea with care.

brb1006

Tony Baxter? He's been so far under the radar since his departure that you might want to target someone else for your hypothetical scenario.

Attempts were made to reach him earlier this year to inquire about his interest in serving as keynote speaker for an event in 2017 and I kid you not, people at Disney in Glendale & Burbank could not get so much as an e-mail response. I hope he is in good health. If anyone has current info, please share. Thanks-
Ask @Figments Friend about how Baxter is.

VJ

Puhleeze - get this straight Lucasifilm at this point is merely a DISNEY BRAND it has no independence from the Disney Mothership unlike MARVEL and Pixar where the senior executives were also major stockholders (Catmull/Lasseter and Perlmutter) and as such have a degree of control due to their OWNERSHIP stake.

Yes LEGO and Lucasfilm go way back to the days when LEGO sold incredibly complex kits to build the spacecraft from the Star Wars universe. Technically toys but geared for the teenager & young adult who wished to build something.

Now the LEGO Star Wars from Disney is simply a weekly toy advertisement for the under 8 set.

As to Lucasfilm being 'independent' Bzzt Wrong it's simply a BRAND of the TWDC otherwise why does Iger have so much influence over it. Pixar OTOH really does maintain a degree of independence why I'm not sure but Lasseter having a major ownership chunk I'm sure has a great deal to do with that as opposed to Lucasfilm where the executives are merely employees with negligible ownership stakes.
I don't understand how you think Pixar and Marvel have independence but Lucasfilm is the redheaded stepchild. The Force Awakens made summer blockbuster money in the Christmas opening spot. It's obvious that Lucasfilm is being run in the "hands-off" way that Pixar and Marvel are.

Just exactly what do you think Kathleen Kennedy does all day? Skype calls with her master and puppet-string-puller Bob Iger? Not actually make decisions relating to the prosperity of Lucasfilm? Bob Iger cannot oversee EVERYTHING. Nor do I think he's the Darth Vader-esque dictator people here have hinted him to be.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't understand how you think Pixar and Marvel have independence but Lucasfilm is the redheaded stepchild. The Force Awakens made summer blockbuster money in the Christmas opening spot. It's obvious that Lucasfilm is being run in the "hands-off" way that Pixar and Marvel are.

Just exactly what do you think Kathleen Kennedy does all day? Skype calls with her master and puppet-string-puller Bob Iger? Not actually make decisions relating to the prosperity of Lucasfilm? Bob Iger cannot oversee EVERYTHING. Nor do I think he's the Darth Vader-esque dictator people here have hinted him to be.
Apparently he thinks that Bob has the time to make every single decision that the company has to make, and that the people that work for him are dolts and idiots that couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

tcool123

Just a question that's not related to Star Wars Reshoots, WDW ending, or any other thing that's being currently discussed.

How often is it that Disney drops the prices for tickets? I ask because as I was planning for my next trip I noticed that the Florida Resident 3Day Ticket went down to 174, which is a 15 dollar difference compared to the beginning of this year. And the 4 Day Trip is just five dollars more at 179.

It seems a bit unusual for Disney to do this, and I simply wondered why Disney did this.

FigmentJedi

Reminder that the decision of resetting the continuity was Lucasfilm's rather then Disney's and that it was in planning well before the buyout. The writing was on the wall for the eventual death of the old Expanded Universe when the Clone Wars animated series started. Going back into feature films was the best excuse they had for making it official.

Calling Lucasfilm just a brand while saying Pixar and Marvel are independent operators under the Disney banner is completely dishonest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom