PHOTOS - Height balloon test spotted at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Any idea what the walk would be from CBR to EPCOT ??

The straight line distance from the Barbados bus stop to the World Showcase walkway near the "outpost" area is about .3 mile. Obviously, there would be a lot of backstage are that would need to be "themed", but the actual walking distance wouldn't be too bad. Although, a nice, relaxing boat ride would be nicer!!

upload_2016-10-7_12-2-45.png

bhg469

ABSOLUTELY! The buses are a real negative...When staying on property we never take the buses anymore...they are incredibly inconvenient and a huge time gobbler. We drive our own car everywhere...and friends who fly in now rent a car to avoid the bus situation...They REALLY need to expand the monorail system or put the peoplemover system into real service and create a shuttle line.
I think the bus system would be adequate if they actually ran them at the rate they should. That being said, people mover/monorail would be a fantastic way to lessen the road traffic.

wvdisneyfamily

I'm having a hard time finding a room in early to mid July at CBR. Probably a stretch but wonder if the height balloons have anything to do with limited room availability... And it might just be the time of year I'm looking at, too

surfsupdon

Even without adding DVC to CBR, Disney should be looking at all Resorts to expand transportation options. Increase walkways connecting Resorts (as the cheapest route) or connect via waterway and peoplemovers. Resorts to parks and Resorts to Resorts.

HauntedMansionFLA

Even without adding DVC to CBR, Disney should be looking at all Resorts to expand transportation options. Increase walkways connecting Resorts (as the cheapest route) or connect via waterway and peoplemovers. Resorts to parks and Resorts to Resorts.
I agree. AKL is a deluxe resort but only has bus options. It would be nice if they had a train or boat ride to AK.

HauntedMansionFLA

It's a shame they never did this.
I know. We are staying at the Poly Villas this year. We have always stayed at AKL and I will miss it. The bus ride even to the MK wasn't too bad. It would be nice to have a second option to a theme parks. Hopefully CBR will get another choice to reach EPCOT. I didn't realize it was so close to EPCOT.

TeriofTerror

I know. We are staying at the Poly Villas this year. We have always stayed at AKL and I will miss it. The bus ride even to the MK wasn't too bad. It would be nice to have a second option to a theme parks. Hopefully CBR will get another choice to reach EPCOT. I didn't realize it was so close to EPCOT.
This. It's because you have to wait for a bus, and then endure its multitude of stops before finally heading to the parks. If they'd just let me walk, I could've been there already!

HauntedMansionFLA

This. It's because you have to wait for a bus, and then endure its multitude of stops before finally heading to the parks. If they'd just let me walk, I could've been there already!
It would be a nice way to promote physical fitness, give guest a second option and give families a chance to talk while making their way to EPCOT.

IMFearless

I hate to say it, but with the huge number of rooms at CBR would boats have sufficient capacity to make an Epcot-CBR route viable?

Though I don't hate the buses, I much prefer the other transportation options if they are available.

I would just question how efficiently boats would handle the mass exodus that happens after illuminations for example. With buses you can send them where you like, but to have enough boats standing by just for one resort to theme park route would be expensive.

cslafferty

AKL and WL are slightly less expensive than the other deluxe resorts because they are not either on the monorail, on a boat route, or within walking distance to a park. You can bet that if they were to provide a walking path from CBR to Epcot, prices would soar.

RSoxNo1

Not doing the boat link as a part of any Caribbean Beach and/or Coronado DVC projects is really short sighted. I think at this point, Universal's transportation to and from their hotels is better than Disney's and this would only make that more apparent.

jt04

I have always advocated ski gondolas that transport you from a tropical paradise to Bavaria or Italian Alps. Perhaps passing through the Matterhorn or Dolomites on their journey.

Magical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom