DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Goofyernmost

I know you were joking, but in all seriousness, the reason I think they line is a bit blurred at this specific moment, at least when it comes to American politics, is that the same comments can be interpreted to apply about both "sides" at the same time. ;)
Yup, but one side is much stronger an argument then the other. The choice is yours. (ours) Please make your choice wisely, our entire system of government relies on it. However, no matter which way you go, be sure that you vote. If people stay home then only a small group has any say and because of that we should wonder if we deserve to have a democracy.

Mike S

Yup, but one side is much stronger an argument then the other. The choice is yours. (ours) Please make your choice wisely, our entire system of government relies on it. However, no matter which way you go, be sure that you vote. If people stay home then only a small group has any say and because of that we should wonder if we deserve to have a democracy.
Can I choose none of the above?

Goofyernmost

Can I choose none of the above?
You can but that would be giving up your voice in our government. Might as well move to another country that seems to get unanimous votes a lot of the time. Not voting is just no voice. It's just letting other determine you fate. Seems wrong to me.

jt04

Sorry, not sure what part of what I said you are trying to belittle. Care to be more specific? The only thing I can guess is the part where I stated that eventually, like everything else, the genre will die off or at least become way less popular over time. Do you know why there is a Frontierland in Disney? Because when Disneyland was being planned and built, westerns were the thing that everyone was watching. Almost every TV program was a western or in one way of the other related to the wild west. Do you think for a second if it were all starting today do you imagine a Frontierland being a part of the parks. Other then that, I'm at a lost to understand what you are trying to say with your post.

My only point is that you can't really judge until seeing the final product. And also that every attraction has fans and critics, not sure how a posters opinion is news or rumor. And the final point is that it is going to be built whether it is someone's tea cups of tea or not. Maybe it is as simple as you are not the intended audience. The intended audience will keep this land very busy. The same reason they had to add a 3rd track to TSMM.

Other than that, I really don't have anything to say about it. Moving along.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

My only point is that you can't really judge until seeing the final product. And also that every attraction has fans and critics, not sure how a posters opinion is news or rumor. And the final point is that it is going to be built whether it is someone's tea cups of tea or not. Maybe it is as simple as you are not the intended audience. The intended audience will keep this land very busy. The same reason they had to add a 3rd track to TSMM.

Other than that, I really don't have anything to say about it. Moving along.
I don't deny that it will be very popular, but, as a 68 year old single man with grown children, there is nothing in there that would even be remotely considered a draw for me. I will visit, if I can, just to see how it came out, but, I'll mostly just be passing through with nothing more then just a curious interest. This is based on what we presently know will be there. Now if Carsland was coming and it were to be like the one in California, then that is something that I would be interested in seeing, but, nothing as described is even close to being Carsland. Star Wars, perhaps! I'll have to reserve judgement until it is an actuality. To the rest of my point, Star Wars is an old franchise and it is still very popular, but, fan bases are very fickle and without warning can become so completely uninterested it would be shocking. Star Wars will probably persevere once it is there just like Frontierland has continued to exist. But, before long something else will be the hot topic and society will move on.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

I don't deny that it will be very popular, but, as a 68 year old single man with grown children, there is nothing in there that would even be remotely considered a draw for me. I will visit, if I can, just to see how it came out, but, I'll mostly just be passing through with nothing more then just a curious interest. This is based on what we presently know will be there. Now if Carsland was coming and it were to be like the one in California, then that is something that I would be interested in seeing, but, nothing as described is even close to being Carsland. Star Wars, perhaps! I'll have to reserve judgement until it is an actuality. To the rest of my point, Star Wars is an old franchise and it is still very popular, but, fan bases are very fickle and without warning can become so completely uninterested it if would be shocking. Star Wars will probably persevere once it is there just like Frontierland has continued to exist. But, before long something else will be the hot topic and society will move on.
My biggest concern is that Disney might accidentally make us sick of Star Wars. I grew up with the original trilogy as a kid (my dad literally watched about an hour of Star Wars each Saturday morning, and I'd join him), and was about 8 when Phantom Menace came out. It was a huge deal, just like last year with The Force Awakens. However, by the time Revenge of the Sith was released, I feel like the hype might have died down a bit (mostly because of the quality of the previous 2 movies). We are getting one new Star Wars every year, for at least the next 4 years. Part of the fun was to wait for the next movie, the anticipation of what was going to happen (though we sort of knew going into Episode 3 that some foreshadowed plot points were finally going to occur).
Will I see Rogue One, Han Solo, Boba Fett (is this still happening?), and whatever they decide to make? Yes. And I'll visit the SWE as well. I just don't want to be burned out from Star Wars by the time SWE finally arrives.
TSL will be great for parents & grandparents with tiny kids. Unfortunately, that's about it.

Princess Leia

And yet both new attractions have a height requirement :p
Ugh (the word that keeps coming to mind whenever I think about TSL).
Will Slinky have the same height requirement as Barnstormer? I can't tell from the concept art if it will be like that ride or tamer (I'm assuming by the time it actually gets built it will be pretty tame).

FigmentJedi

My biggest concern is that Disney might accidentally make us sick of Star Wars. I grew up with the original trilogy as a kid (my dad literally watched about an hour of Star Wars each Saturday morning, and I'd join him), and was about 8 when Phantom Menace came out. It was a huge deal, just like last year with The Force Awakens. However, by the time Revenge of the Sith was released, I feel like the hype might have died down a bit (mostly because of the quality of the previous 2 movies). We are getting one new Star Wars every year, for at least the next 4 years. Part of the fun was to wait for the next movie, the anticipation of what was going to happen (though we sort of knew going into Episode 3 that some foreshadowed plot points were finally going to occur).
Will I see Rogue One, Han Solo, Boba Fett (is this still happening?), and whatever they decide to make? Yes. And I'll visit the SWE as well. I just don't want to be burned out from Star Wars by the time SWE finally arrives.
TSL will be great for parents & grandparents with tiny kids. Unfortunately, that's about it.
Star Wars fans have been eating up all sorts of Star Wars media for decades. The only difference now is the sort of stuff that would have been a novel or a video game in the past can now be found in movies and television with the whole anthology series thing. Plus the story expansion's a little more managed now that we got Lucasfilm Story Group as some editorial oversight.

I'm not worried about the burnout at all.

jt04

Ugh (the word that keeps coming to mind whenever I think about TSL).
Will Slinky have the same height requirement as Barnstormer? I can't tell from the concept art if it will be like that ride or tamer (I'm assuming by the time it actually gets built it will be pretty tame).

Seven Dwarves equivalent is my guess.

jt04

Star Wars fans have been eating up all sorts of Star Wars media for decades. The only difference now is the sort of stuff that would have been a novel or a video game in the past can now be found in movies and television with the whole anthology series thing. Plus the story expansion's a little more managed now that we got Lucasfilm Story Group as some editorial oversight.

I'm not worried about the burnout at all.

More importantly Kathleen Kennedy. Lucasfilm Story Group might not have happened with the wrong leadership.

DinoInstitute

I would agree with that, but I think a Toy Story themed land can work if they totally commit to the "guest is the size of a toy" idea.
I don't think that's the problem at all, I mean they are definitely doing that. While the environment still isn't as good as Cars, it really comes down to the attractions and TSL has some lackluster ones.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think that's the problem at all, I mean they are definitely doing that. While the environment still isn't as good as Cars, it really comes down to the attractions and TSL has some lackluster ones.

If the current concept art is what is being built, then I would argue that they aren't doing that since they have cut back on the details.

DinoInstitute

If the current concept art is what is being built, then I would argue that they aren't doing that since they have cut back on the details.
It lacks details and full immersion, but that doesn't mean they aren't committing to people being the size of a toy.

If anything, I think the main problem as far as the size of guest scale goes will be with TSMM, as we definitely aren't the size of the green army men in that queue as the scale is supposed to be in the land I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom