Woody, Jessie and Rafiki cut from Magic Kingdom

lebeau

When I was a kid, there were very few characters...and the ones they had, just walked through the park from time to time... and that was great and magical...there were no lines or appointments to meet them...it was just a happening...we were there to see the park, and if we met a character it was a special experience...but not necessary to our happiness.

Things change. The good old days had drawbacks too. We had a lot of vacation pictures with complete strangers in them because no one was supervising meet and greets. It is what it is. Things are going to revert back to the way they used to be and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

lebeau

I can TSL shame the M+G built venue was cut from the last set of plans. Woody and Jessie have as much to do with the Wild West as Lighting McQueen and Mater do. The correct characters to meet would of been streetmosphere along with Pecos Bill and The Lone Ranger for example.

Yeah, well, we know that's not going to happen. Consider yourself lucky the Guardians of the Galaxy aren't meeting in Frontierland.

SirLink

Yeah, well, we know that's not going to happen. Consider yourself lucky the Guardians of the Galaxy aren't meeting in Frontierland.

What with the streetmosphere well never say never with that. I'm hearing the Woody and Jessie may be doing a Rootin' Tootin' character dining in the Wildness Lodge within the next year. Management seem to keep pushing for a Character Dining component over in the hotel.

Ag11gani

WDW sure has been cutting alot of Disney characters this year.

What others have been cut, the only one I can think of is Marie and I don't even know if it was this year.

And side note, can you still meet Thumper at DAK, I know you could with Camp Minnie Mickey but I don't know now. And what about Miss Bunny, because I know she used to come out too.

Cmdr_Crimson

Here's the thing....Why were Jessie & Woody in that area to begin with? It NEVER Made sense...You do know what does...Oh, I dunno..Putting the character's that the Ride that is represented around Them! Bring back the SoS characters for that spot...
blogger-image--1536428180.jpg

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
What others have been cut, the only one I can think of is Marie and I don't even know if it was this year.

And side note, can you still meet Thumper at DAK, I know you could with Camp Minnie Mickey but I don't know now. And what about Miss Bunny, because I know she used to come out too.
Thumper and Miss Bunny have not been regular at WDW since Camp Minnie-Mickey closed.

And Marie left earlier this year

brb1006

Marie got cut in mid March 2016 where she got replaced by Stitch who would later get replaced by Daisy.

Miss Bunny still comes out at AK. But she along with Thumper usually come out randomly since the two aren't listed on the My Disney Experience App.

brb1006

Here's the thing....Why were Jessie & Woody in that area to begin with? It NEVER Made sense...You do know what does...Oh, I dunno..Putting the character's that the Ride that is represented around Them! Bring back the SoS characters for that spot...
blogger-image--1536428180.jpg
That's the same thought I had.

brb1006

Don't the SotS characters meet at Splash in California? I feel like I saw them there a few years ago.

The fox and the bear did - but not for a few years. Brer Rabbit has been very rare at Disneyland for some time now. All 3 still do at Tokyo's Splash. But thats Tokyo
Brer Fox and Brer Bear used to be so common at the Disney Parks in the past that I kept forgetting that Brer Rabbit was also available.

Scoppin

I'm hearing that Woody, Jessie and Rafiki have all been cut from the Magic Kingdom. This would mean Jessie would not be meet-able anywhere at WDW. I believe October 1st is the last day to meet Woody and Jessie.

Not good news but at least we will be there soon. Will have to make them high priority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom