Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_Black

Not to mention that the full name of the guardians of the galaxy are actually "Guardians of the Galaxy, Future's Avengers". They are technically the future and universe Avengers.
At least the original group (which dates back to the 90's with Yondu, Captain Vance Astro (who carries Captain America's shield), other dudes I dont remember and Charlie 3000

The original group, yes. Marvel has a long history of taking a name and reworking it into an entirely new concept. The Black Widow, the Human Torch, Doctor Doom, Daredevil, Professor X, etc. Marvel's nickname should be "The House of Borrowed Ideas"!

Damn you Matt, I now remember that deformed monstrosity of Rob Liefeld..

Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

tumblr_li3fyaTFlZ1qhafpro1_250.gif

Jeff456

I may be almost alone in this but I would actually miss Ellen's energy adventure, would much rather they concentrated on WOL first before closing an existing attraction..

Jeff456

There is that, but Energy needs a lot of money spent on it. In their eyes they are solving multiple problems in one go.
True, I guess most guests have no knowledge of WOL and first time visitors probably see Energy and think it's terrible and outdated, I probably only like it for nostalgia. It makes a nice break from the heat too!

danheaton

This is one of the stranger ongoing rumors that we've had in a while. It still seems crazy that Guardians would be sitting in Future World. I guess it would fit with the "thrill rides" side of FW with Test Track and Mission Space. I still won't freak out until there's an actual announcement. Plenty of rumors have gone nowhere.

RSoxNo1

The current Spaceship Earth is so bad that adding IP would probably be an improvement
Like Great Movie Ride, the narrative of the ride hurts it. Having said that, the Judy Dench narration is substantially better than the live spiel/Robert Osborne narration of the Great Movie Ride. Add in 85% of the actual show scenes being great (last 15% for the descent) and it's still a very good attraction. Updated animatronics over it's previous versions but other weaknesses as well. Irons was definitely the sweet spot for most of us.

Magenta Panther

I used to ignore Spaceship Earth, thinking it was some lame history lesson and I was at WDW to have FUN dammit! Then I rode it, and I was frankly blown away. I think it's awesome. The only part I don't like is the end where it takes your picture and asks questions and junk. That blows and can get replaced any time as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom