Avengers Half Marathon Weekend

Mad Stitch

Original Poster
I was never into the Avengers so maybe I just don't "get" this one, but it's probably the ugliest runDisney medal ever.

Infinity-Gauntlet-Challenge-Medal_Updated.jpg

Banzai

I was never into the Avengers so maybe I just don't "get" this one, but it's probably the ugliest runDisney medal ever.

Infinity-Gauntlet-Challenge-Medal_Updated.jpg
Holy crap those are awful. After getting the symbolism explained, it seems like you would need to be a big fan to understand them and leaves out the person who is running them for its own sake. They might have been OK as the center of the medal but, as a stand alone, they are terrible

Mad Stitch

Original Poster
Registration for the Avengers Half Marathon has closed without a sellout, 94% full. When was the last time a race did not sell out? Have we finally reached the tipping point? It will be interesting to see how future races are priced now.

dreamfinder

Registration for the Avengers Half Marathon has closed without a sellout, 94% full. When was the last time a race did not sell out? Have we finally reached the tipping point? It will be interesting to see how future races are priced now.

Wow. That's shocking. I think we have all gotten used to most events selling out before the price increases, never mind not selling out at all. I'd love to see prices go down, or at least stay steady.

surfsupdon

Who ran the Avengers?? How was the weekend, crowdwise, weather wise, fun wise, Christmas wise?

I FINALLY want to get a Coast to Coast and take my first trip to Cali, BUT I am undecided between DLand Half Weekend in Sept or the Avengers Weekend in November.

Any advice, anything to tip the scales in either direction?

Maryssa*

The race was actually great this year. The minor course changes actually made a difference and we REALLY lucked out with the weather. THe wind picked up much later in the day, well after the race, and it was overcast and cool; perfect running conditions! I still wish there was more in-park time for this race though. Was glad the 10k portion was the same course as the Disneyland 10k since that's an awesome course. All the xmas decorations were up, but I'm told the parks were monstrously packed due to the Star Wars press preview and some other stuff going on.

Greenlawler

The race was actually great this year. The minor course changes actually made a difference and we REALLY lucked out with the weather. THe wind picked up much later in the day, well after the race, and it was overcast and cool; perfect running conditions! I still wish there was more in-park time for this race though. Was glad the 10k portion was the same course as the Disneyland 10k since that's an awesome course. All the xmas decorations were up, but I'm told the parks were monstrously packed due to the Star Wars press preview and some other stuff going on.

How about the characters? Did you notice any unusual offerings. I ran it last year in the "wind-a-geddon" but skipped out this year.

dreamfinder

Just adding for posterity, reg opened on 4/12/2016. As of noon today, 4/15/2016 only the 10k has sold out. All the other events still have availability.

2016 Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend
Nov 10-13, 2016

Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon
  • $199
Infinity Gauntlet Challenge
  • $340
Doctor Strange 10K
  • $120
Captain America 5K
  • $80
runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go
  • $20
Pasta Party
  • $119

Last edited:

dreamfinder

10k sold out again

• Infinity Gauntlet Challenge
  • Half Marathon
  • Dr. Strange 10k - Sold Out 10/3/2016 (Sold Out 4/15/2016 Reopened 7/11/2016)
  • Captain America 5k - Sold Out 5/13/2016
  • Kids Races - Sold Out 4/28/2016 (Sold Out 4/21/2016 Reopened 4/27/2016)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom