Avengers Half Marathon Weekend

jaxonp

Holy crap those are awful. After getting the symbolism explained, it seems like you would need to be a big fan to understand them and leaves out the person who is running them for its own sake. They might have been OK as the center of the medal but, as a stand alone, they are terrible

Wouldn't you need to be a big fan of any of these IPs to enjoy them? I did Tink this past weekend and I thought the medals and theme were boring and borderline tacky. I haven't run Avengers weekend yet, but the Infinity Guantlet medal makes sense for the avengers.

SpectroPhoenix

Hey everyone, the Avengers Half is going to be my first DL race and I’m not sure what to expect. I’ve read a few comparisons online to get an idea and they all mention that the pre-race process is a lot less stressful. I have a hotel room at the Ramada, which is about a 20 minute walk South of where we need to go. Does anyone know if it’s a safe walk at 3:30 AM or should we just drive and park in the parking garage?

As for personal possessions, will I be given a clear bag at the expo to put everything in for them to hold onto like at the WDW races? And after the half, are there any events taking place at Downtown Disney?

Any advice and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

dreamfinder

Can't help much with the walking/parking thing since we stayed at a Disney hotel, but I would allow alot more time than you think. The recent DLR races had large backups due to getting everyone through security, and I wouldn't want to miss the race start.

Texas84

Hey everyone, the Avengers Half is going to be my first DL race and I’m not sure what to expect. I’ve read a few comparisons online to get an idea and they all mention that the pre-race process is a lot less stressful. I have a hotel room at the Ramada, which is about a 20 minute walk South of where we need to go. Does anyone know if it’s a safe walk at 3:30 AM or should we just drive and park in the parking garage?

As for personal possessions, will I be given a clear bag at the expo to put everything in for them to hold onto like at the WDW races? And after the half, are there any events taking place at Downtown Disney?

Any advice and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Better to walk. The parking garage is a nightmare post-race. You'll be safe. There will be lots of runners out.

There is bag check.
http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dlshhm17#!/pre-race-information

Don't know about Downtown. I go back to the hotel, clean up, and hit the parks.

RunningKoen

How's the last raceweekend in Anaheim for a while going?

I saw reports of lacking castle to chateau medals, but also great looking post on social media.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
How's the last raceweekend in Anaheim for a while going?

I saw reports of lacking castle to chateau medals, but also great looking post on social media.

Those were some nice photos on rD's Twitter account. Sent my son in law a photo of the 5k Spiderman medal. He really wants one and would love to run those races. Told him he had to wait until 2020 at the earliest.

Great costumes. Gonna need to plan something for Princess in February, rather than my usual boring all black.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom