Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

2351metalcloud

It is clear Disney is departing from Epcot's message. If they make like a Comic Book themed pavilion that has a Guardians ride it could work. Again not as good of a fit as energy, but it can work a lot better than most people think.

Like I said before, it seems like Disney makes some movies to have stuff from them possibly be used in attractions.

What appears in many recent Disney animated movies I think indicates there is some reason to think that at least from several years ago until now (and possibly continuing into the future), Disney has been considering keeping the general themes for many of the pavilions at Epcot. Although, this doesn't mean they'll keep the general themes for every pavilion or that they will not change their mind in the future.

Look at the recent movie The Good Dinosaur. I think it was partly made so that stuff from it could be used in an attraction at The Land using dinosaur animatronics that are currently at the Universe of Energy. I guess this might not happen however due to reception to the movie.

Stuff from Up can be used for Soaring and Cars/Planes for Test Track or a pavillion more like World of Motion. Stuff from the short 'Inner Workings' being released with Moana could be used at Wonders of Life. Also, like I already said Big Hero 6 could be used for an attraction about health and Inside Out could be used for Wonders of Life.

I don't remember much of the plot, but is there any way they could tie in the theme of Energy with GotG? Even if it is vague, that's my only hope because then the story of Epcot isn't completely lost just distorted. Anyone have any ideas on what this attraction could even look like? All I picture is Transformers the Ride at Universal.

For a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction about energy the attraction might focus mostly on the Nova Corps because an important part of their concept in the comics apparently has to do with some concepts of 'energy'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Corps

"The Nova Force is the source of power for Nova and the entire Nova Corps, generated and controlled by the Living Computers of Xandar called the Xandarian Worldmind. The amount of Nova Force a Nova Corp member can access is determined by their rank. The higher the rank, the more power they can access. It has been observed, such as the case of Garthan Saal, that some exposures to the Nova Force can induce madness and mental instability with prolonged exposure to extremely high levels.[12]

The Nova Force can grant the recipient (to varying degrees depending upon rank) various abilities including superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, and perception. It also grants flight at faster than light speed, a healing factor, and energy powers. These energy powers include the ability to create an electromagnetic beam or a gravimetric pulse. It can also be used to create Star Gates. The link to the Worldmind allows the wearer to access enemy profiles, analyze an attacker's strengths and weaknesses, interface with computers, analyze energy signatures, create shields against mental attacks and receive transmissions from nearby sources."

Would some of you guys who dislike this idea of GotG at Universe of Energy find it acceptable if it was just a ride where farfetched, wacky, and futuristic technology on Xandar relating to the energy services for the beings on the planet is shown and/or talked about with only minor or no appearances by the actual Guardians or the Nova Force? There could even be a cameo by Ellen.

The Empress Lilly

Would some of you guys who dislike this idea of GotG at Universe of Energy find it acceptable if it was just a ride where farfetched, wacky, and futuristic technology on Xandar relating to the energy services for the beings on the planet is shown and/or talked about with only minor or no appearances by the actual Guardians or the Nova Force? There could even be a cameo by Ellen.
No.

Daveeeeed

Like I said before, it seems like Disney makes some movies to have stuff from them possibly be used in attractions.

What appears in many recent Disney animated movies I think indicates there is some reason to think that at least from several years ago until now (and possibly continuing into the future), Disney has been considering keeping the general themes for many of the pavilions at Epcot. Although, this doesn't mean they'll keep the general themes for every pavilion or that they will not change their mind in the future.

Look at the recent movie The Good Dinosaur. I think it was partly made so that stuff from it could be used in an attraction at The Land using dinosaur animatronics that are currently at the Universe of Energy. I guess this might not happen however due to reception to the movie.

Stuff from Up can be used for Soaring and Cars/Planes for Test Track or a pavillion more like World of Motion. Stuff from the short 'Inner Workings' being released with Moana could be used at Wonders of Life. Also, like I already said Big Hero 6 could be used for an attraction about health and Inside Out could be used for Wonders of Life
I seriously doubt that it is anything other than being coincidental. By that standard if Disney makes any movie based on Cars in general it could have something to do with Test Track. So now maybe Brave Was made for Fantasyland even when there are other princess ip's that have been made currently and before:rolleyes:

Last edited:

munchiezxx

I guess I finally have to accept that this is happening, and I guess it might not be as tragic as I've been fearing. When I really think about it, if the roles were reversed and I found out that a ride about Ellen and Bill Nye the Science Guy was coming to Epcot I would probably have the same reaction. I don't know what to expect but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

aladdin2007

Here's a question, will this be an entirely different ride concept than what they are going to do with DCA's Tower of Terror guardians redo?
I have this fear they will build some hideous tower ride thing next to energy. Just thinking outside the box moment here.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

TWvI5qt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom