Adventureland Smoking Section Removed

Bolt

Original Poster
image.png

Big victory removing the Adventureland one.

Two left in the park - they also removed the one behind Space Mountain, keeping the one behind Barnstormer and near exit of Thunder. 1 added near Park Entry.

In total - 3 left anywhere around MK now.

asianway

View attachment 146513

Two left in the park - they also removed the one behind Space Mountain, keeping the one behind Barnstormer and near exit of Thunder. 1 added near Park Entry.

Wasnt Tomorrowland the one down the stairs behind the Skyway station? Thought that was the most remote of all of them.

wogwog

View attachment 146513

Are you positive about about the "Barnstormer" one? It is not indicated on the below site. The site only shows "Thunder" in the park and the one outside the main entrance by the boat dock. The other parks still show many more.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/designated-smoking-areas/

kbmum

Big mistake.

When guests light up anywhere there will be complaints.

Control it. Don't drive it underground.

This is going to be a big issue for my 79-year-old father. He will not quit smoking and has always used the smoking areas near Space and in Adventureland. I know my mom and I will be fighting with him to not light up while we're walking around.

Wdw62114

I am a smoker. I'm usually always on the smoking threads of Disney forums defending the smokers and attacking the anti-smokers who claim they have the right to not be around smoking. I can honestly say that this decision to remove the Adventureland smoking section was a good choice by Disney. I feel it was too close to the major walkway same as the one that used to be right on the side of the castle on a walkway that is also gone. I dont get why they removed the Tomorrowland one as it was tucked away in the back and guests never really went back there anyways. When I was there last year after it was removed, it was still pretty much a smoking section as dozens of people were smoking there. CMs walked right up while cleaning the ground and didnt say a word. I heard that CMs are not allowed to tell a guest to stop smoking, only security can. I may be wrong about that but its just what I heard. I will not smoke in Adventure land anyways because come to think of it, I dont think I ever used that location anyways. Now if they take away the one in Frontierland, I will be ed

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Actually, it is not a daft mentality. A private company can institute any policy that they feel is in their best interest. There is no smoking in many public stadiums. If you can't or won't adequately control a behavior the majority of your customers don't want, it's simply easier to ban it.
I love pontification like this, ban it until its something you enjoy. Then whine like a skewered pig. But but but.

Zealots make me sick. So much for tolerance.

Oh and before you start hen, I've never smoked in my life, too busy choking on all the bull spouted by muppets to get a good drag.

DisneyDebRob

They can't. That's a daft mentality.

If it's not controlled it will be a free for all and will happen anyway.
I agree completely. I'm a former smoker and never liked lighting up in pathways that were for smoking. There are enough hidden corners in all the parks to keep it out of the way.
I Vape now and still have to go to smoking areas. I do because people have no idea when they see vapor they immediately assume it's smoke. Got me to quit smoking and I feel tons better a year later.
With all that said, keep the smokers away from the people that don't. Everyone is happy.

Weather_Lady

If they were located anywhere but on walkways I wouldn't have a problem with them, but when you're forced to go through them and the clouds of smoke such as the Adventureland one or the right hand path of the castle use to be I do have problems.

Agreed. I don't mind if other people want to smoke, and I think Disney should provide enough secluded places for them to do so, that they'll actually be likely to use them. I have a family member with severe asthma, and running the smoke-filled gauntlets along main walkways is pure torture for him.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom