From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletus

I feel sick. I can't even imagine what this family feels right now. Wishing the best for them and hope this ends up better than it appears. :(

rob0519

Posted:Jun 14 2016 10:50PM EDT

Updated:Jun 14 2016 10:51PM EDT

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Deputies with the Orange County Sheriff's Office are actively searching for a two-year-old child who was possibly dragged into the water by an alligator.

Authorities responded to the Walt Disney World Resort late Tuesday evening, where crews are now searching the shoreline of the Seven Seas Lagoon, near the Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

ULPO46

This was sparked over a tweet a guest posted on Twitter it hasn't been officially confirmed by Officials but it's possible. Unfortunately this is Florida home to the largest population of American Alligators in the nation. We cannot control the population even if we try. Dr. Malcom once said they will find a way. It's estimated that we may have a couple hundred to a few thousand gators on site. Although you may never see them they exist in the seven seas lagoon and bay lake. It's one of the major reasons why swimming is prohibited on site. Don't forget before we came to central Florida and made it the worlds number one destination, the area WDW sits on was and always have been the headwaters to the River of Grass, the Everglades ecological system. Although tragic it's not unexpected. I just hope it's not true and the child can be found. If it's true, it's not the gators fault. This is their ancestral territory, Mickey and company took it from them. They still are there, let's never forget about the Florida panther that was struck by an automobile on Disney property not so long ago. This is Florida and nature is everywhere.

PhotoDave219

This was sparked over a tweet a guest posted on Twitter it hasn't been officially confirmed by Officials but it's possible. Unfortunately this is Florida home to the largest population of American Alligators in the nation. We cannot control the population even if we try. Dr. Malcom once said they will find a way. It's estimated that we may have a couple hundred to a few thousand gators on site. Although you may never see them they exist in the seven seas lagoon and bay lake. It's one of the major reasons why swimming is prohibited on site. Don't forget before we came to central Florida and made it the worlds number one destination, the area WDW sits on was and always have been the headwaters to the River of Grass, the Everglades ecological system. Although tragic it's not unexpected. I just hope it's not true and the child can be found. If it's true, it's not the gators fault. This is their ancestral territory, Mickey and company took it from them. They still are there, let's never forget about the Florida panther that was struck by an automobile on Disney property not so long ago. This is Florida and nature is everywhere.

You have a link to that tweet?

Reactions: Tom

ULPO46

I really, really hope this is a hoax. However, its not being treated as such.
The only thing I've seen is some guy posted on Twitter and it got shout outs by nearly every major news station in Florida and as far away as NYC and KC

ULPO46

This is what the tweet said

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 482

ULPO46

I know RCES & OCSO are treating it as its legit. I havent heard of the initial call in, but its too soon.....
Same here I actually just woke up to alerts from this and wanted to see if anyone outside of Twitter had mentioned something.

PhotoDave219

Same here I actually just woke up to alerts from this and wanted to see if anyone outside of Twitter had mentioned something.

Sentinel and all the news outlets are reporting it, OCSO confirms thats what theyre doing.... Whether it actually happened? No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom