New Beast Costume

TheOrangeBird01

This is a more recent photo, and he does look angrier in this one.

Beast-greeting-visitors-in-his-study.jpg

Some pictures I found online seem to suggest that they use both costumes, because I've found some pics from 2014 with the happier head, and some from 2010 with this angrier head. Who knows if that's true though.

GiveMeTheMusic

This is a more recent photo, and he does look angrier in this one.

Beast-greeting-visitors-in-his-study.jpg

Some pictures I found online seem to suggest that they use both costumes, because I've found some pics from 2014 with the happier head, and some from 2010 with this angrier head. Who knows if that's true though.

There's only one head. There is variance in the furring, and that would be what makes any perceived expression changes.

TheOrangeBird01

Here's a side-by-side of the 3 pictures provided so far, in the order they were posted:
SS4tfCm.png

Thank you :p

I like the first two the most. The third is too aggressive for me (I guess some fur changes really does a lot to a character!). I don't like the outfit for the new one, so I hope that will stay on the cruise ships and we'll get to keep the current outfits.

Rteetz

Thank you :p

I like the first two the most. The third is too aggressive for me (I guess some fur changes really does a lot to a character!). I don't like the outfit for the new one, so I hope that will stay on the cruise ships and we'll get to keep the current outfits.
Aren't the second and third the same character head? The first one is the new version.

TheOrangeBird01

Aren't the second and third the same character head? The first one is the new version.

They're the same head, but the fur is arranged a bit different in each, making one look a little angrier. It's really small and barely noticeable. I didn't even notice it until it was brought up by another member. You're right though.

No Name

One part of me thinks he's cuter, but another part of me thinks he's scarier. Overall, I like it less.

The old one had that vibrant grin that no words can accurately describe. The new one looks more modest but more dull. I don't know that I like more modest. It's really challenging to describe these looks with words, but my whole point is that while I don't hate this, I don't like it either. Maybe it'll look better in person, or maybe it'll grow on me.

He's also the leading guy on a float of the Festival of Fantasy parade, right? I'd be interested to see how he looks in the parade now.

My biggest question is why they changed him. Is it to more closely align with the live-action version coming out (oh dear, I hope not!)? The Cinderella film last year didn't go with her classic hairstyle for some reason, and no, that's not a creative decision or anything like that. Just make the movie characters like their animated and park counterparts. I'm glad "park Cinderella" didn't change though (expect the dress lost some blue). Is this an attempt to make the beast look friendlier? What is the reason? That's what I most want to know.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I wonder if they did it for appearance or if they came up with a lighter rig. My understanding is that the existing one is quite heavy for the performer.
It was heavy, but what really sucked was how rough the inside material was. After getting in and out of that six times in a day, my arms were all scraped up. There were plenty of other issues to fix too.
Despite all the improvements I assume were made, MAN I hate the look of his face...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom