TWDC 2QFY16 Earnings Call Thread

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Shanghai......

Opens June 16. Bob was there last week. Trial operations have begun. Initial feedback has been absolutely phenomenal. Pimping the Pirate Land (based on the box office films), the tron light cycles and the manderin production of The lion king....

authentically disney and distinctly chinese.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Question on Tom's Resignation right off the bat & CEO succession plans....

tom was a valued colugue and a friend and sorry what came to pass but not much more to say about that. I have only 2 years left. the board is very active in sucession process. it believes it have ample time to identify a sucessor. No plans to extend beyond june 2018 (from bob)

boy do i have typos.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Parks Biz Q from JP Morgan.

What do you see as the biggest profit contrib/profit growth in P&R

Gonna take some time for shanghai for start up costs, optimistic outlook about park and market there. Like steps in terms of pricing.

Changing our pricing view to essentially raise revenue and to moderate attendance..... (someone grab the transcript, i cant type this fast)

Talking Star Wars land, avatar, and lots of growth potential....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Talking Dynamic Pricing on Shanghai....

For Peak vs Off Peak days. $20 difference. ($76/$56) Reaction quite positive on tickets, hotel and lion king show. Lion King show is a separate ticket.

No negative reactions to the pricing approiach

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So wdw attendance is down from the same time last year - gee let's look at all that has gone on

Price increases
Budget cuts
Failed attraction openings
Water park closures due to issues
More price increases
Rinse and repeat

Sounds like a magical place to visit

according to Bob, it seems like it is their strategy to moderate attendance moving forward...so I assume a drop isn't a surprise...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom