Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Monorail_Red_77

I am very curious about the waterfall too. I think I saw it reported that it was completely closed in, but will the exterior still have the water feature...Sure hope so because it was beautiful.

I too am sad to see the waterfall removed. But would be nice if the rest of the water feature could stay at least.

From the concept photo it's hard to tell if it will stay since it was in the corner and the concept photo only shows the existing rooftops from that angle. Based on other in park photos I have seen it looks like it will be removed. I heard that it was walled over in a prior thread here. I will try to get some in park pics on the 14th.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am very curious about the waterfall too. I think I saw it reported that it was completely closed in, but will the exterior still have the water feature...Sure hope so because it was beautiful.

I think the waterfall is still an open question. Pictures behind the scrims showed work going on around the opening, but it's not clear if that was just a change, or if it was to close in the opening.

doctornick

Not sure if this has been shared before (apologies if it has) but trawling the internet and saw the below concept art for the entire pavilion once these new additions have been completed.

The raised perspective gives the best idea of what the finished layout will look like - realise it's concept art but the exterior from Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After update doesn't seem too dramatic. Also wondering what will be in the building directly next to the Sommerhus? is it a new shop? There also seems to be a themed archway to the bathrooms, and the outside of the Kringla Bakery will have nicer views than before (if it isn't blocked by queues and strollers!)

View attachment 140724

So, who is going to be the adventurous person who takes this pictures and labels the new stuff (entrance/exit to M&G, shops, bathrooms, etc) so we all can understand what the layout is. With there be a connection between the two courtyards via the (old) Norway retail?

@BrianLo maybe?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, who is going to be the adventurous person who takes this pictures and labels the new stuff (entrance/exit to M&G, shops, bathrooms, etc) so we all can understand what the layout is. With there be a connection between the two courtyards via the (old) Norway retail?
Nope. Unless you count the outdoor seating area.

phi2134

I'm pretty amazed , or maybe not, at the lack of media about this ride that Disney has distributed. Being as underwhelming of a ride as it sounds, i wonder if they are calming the hype machine in terms of ride interior and experience. It seems like they are pushing the frozen name more than the attraction.

doctornick

I believe there were issues with the new bends. I'd imagine they're not insurmountable.

Given the years of experience -- both within Disney and in the theme park community at large -- with similar boat rides, I can't imagine this would be much of an issue as to cause major problems or delays. Though in the same respect, I wouldn't think it would be designed in a way as to have the problem come up to begin with. How hard would it be to design and build a trough that can properly accommodate the boats?

raymusiccity

Given the years of experience -- both within Disney and in the theme park community at large -- with similar boat rides, I can't imagine this would be much of an issue as to cause major problems or delays. Though in the same respect, I wouldn't think it would be designed in a way as to have the problem come up to begin with. How hard would it be to design and build a trough that can properly accommodate the boats?

Just like these engineers who said, 'What's so hard about designing a bridge!'

Bridge.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom