Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Empress Lilly

Spirit says the Frozen attraction planned for DisneySea is being looked at for cloning in California....lucky them.
There's nothing stopping WDW from cloning Frozen Land for a DHS phase 3.

Mermaid, BatB, runaway mountain trains, 'American history through AA's' and dinosaurs have multiple presences across multiple parks too.

gmajew

Premium Member
Just booking FP for my trip the 17th-24th of June and still not showing anything for this ride or for the characters... Soarin is listed though

Phil12

So the DisCo. was so bereft of IPs in 1993 that they had no choice but to license the TZ. But now, doing so makes no sense?
It only made sense back then under the Disney/MGM studios concept. They long since abandoned the MGM part of the formula. You may recall that Twilight Zone was shot at the MGM Studios, 10202 W. Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232. It's now Sony Pictures Studio.

So yes, now it makes no sense. But I realize how hard it is for some people to come to grips with the fact that poor old MGM Studios has seen better days.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It only made sense back then under the Disney/MGM studios concept. They long since abandoned the MGM part of the formula. You may recall that Twilight Zone was shot at the MGM Studios, 10202 W. Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232. It's now Sony Pictures Studio.

So yes, now it makes no sense. But I realize how hard it is for some people to come to grips with the fact that poor old MGM Studios has seen better days.

The attraction still makes sense even under the Hollywood of the 30s setting and theme of Sunset Blvd. It doesn't need the MGM banner to fit.. because that part of the park was never about the studio or 'making movies' but instead was a celebration of hollywood.

Are you really jt? Because you both seem to share the same trait of appearing to 'never have been'.

Mike S

If anything here makes no sense it's your idiotic rambling.

Castle Cake Apologist

Too bad that part of the park was never under the studio umbrella and had nothing to do with MGM. The theme and storyline of ToT still make complete sense with the 1930s "Hollywood that never was and always will be" theming of Sunset Blvd.

Try again.

EDIT: I also find it cute that you think the only reason anybody could possibly have a problem with GotG being shoved into ToT is an inability to see the problems with DHS. Literally nobody here has ever said that DHS is fine the way it is. Quite the opposite, actually. It's a hodgepodge mess of a theme park with a myriad of issues. The theming of ToT just isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Phil12

The attraction still makes sense even under the Hollywood of the 30s setting and theme of Sunset Blvd. It doesn't need the MGM banner to fit.. because that part of the park was never about the studio or 'making movies' but instead was a celebration of hollywood.

Are you really jt? Because you both seem to share the same trait of appearing to 'never have been'.

Too bad that part of the park was never under the studio umbrella and had nothing to do with MGM. The theme and storyline of ToT still make complete sense with the 1930s "Hollywood that never was and always will be" theming of Sunset Blvd.

Try again.

EDIT: I also find it cute that you think the only reason anybody could possibly have a problem with GotG being shoved into ToT is an inability to see the problems with DHS. Literally nobody here has ever said that DHS is fine the way it is. Quite the opposite, actually. It's a hodgepodge mess of a theme park with a myriad of issues. The theming of ToT just isn't one of them.
Both of you are looking at the theme. It's as if you think the only theme that will fit the ToT is one including The Twilight Zone. It's what you are used to and you just can't imagine another IP replacing it. I understand your unwillingness to change but I think you're being very narrow in your outlook

You see, Cayuga Productions, MGM and CBS all had ownership of The Twilight Zone and Rod Serling sold his interest in the show to CBS. And CBS still collects licensing fees for its use. My position has always been that DHS could easily theme ToT to something else and save the licensing fees. After all the Tokyo DisneySea version doesn't use the Twilight Zone theme and most people seem to think the version in Japan is the best of them all!

I assert that Disney has plenty of appropriate IP that could be adapted for use in the ToT. But again, I understand the feeling that some people have concerning any change. I, on the other hand, look forward to changes. As someone pointed out, the changes to PoC and the Haunted Mansion were great. I'd like to see more changes as well.

As I've said before, GotG is just one of many possibilities. They just need to hire some good writers, artists, etc. to put together several adaptations of various IP's and I feel confident they can come up with a better concept.

But let's assume for a moment that they don't have the appropriate IP to create a new story for the ToT. Since the DisneySea version is rated highly by many people, I think we need to learn a lesson from Japan. I don't think it would cost Mr. Iger very much to buy the IP for Rodan and Godzilla from Ken Kuronuma. They could center the new ToT around these popular characters:
upload_2016-5-3_20-29-27.jpeg

Just imagine if these guys were fighting outside the Tot and every once in awhile the windows would open and you'd see part of the battle! And that fits better with the theme since Rodan and Godzilla would destroy Rockin' Roller Coaster since it doesn't fit Hollywood of the 1930's.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

But let's assume for a moment that they don't have the appropriate IP to create a new story for the ToT. Since the DisneySea version is rated highly by many people, I think we need to learn a lesson from Japan. I don't think it would cost Mr. Iger very much to buy the IP for Rodan and Godzilla from Ken Kuronuma. They could center the new ToT around these popular characters:
View attachment 140507
Just imagine if these guys were fighting outside the Tot and every once in awhile the windows would open and you'd see part of the battle! And that fits better with the theme since Rodan and Godzilla would destroy Rockin' Roller Coaster since it doesn't fit Hollywood of the 1930's.

I'm done. I really can't. You've officially made it clear that a rational discussion with you is impossible.

Troll on, my friend.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Both of you are looking at the theme. It's as if you think the only theme that will fit the ToT is one including The Twilight Zone. It's what you are used to and you just can't imagine another IP replacing it. I understand your unwillingness to change but I think you're being very narrow in your outlook

Uhmm.. no. The goal posts are over THERE dude.. the post I replied to stated

[using Twilight Zone] It only made sense back then under the Disney/MGM studios concept

To which you also highlight the demise of the studio concept. We were replying to the inference that the Twlight Zone theme only made sense due to MGM's involvement and the studio concepts.. both which were nice tie-ins, but proven to not be necessary for the attraction's success.

I wasn't referring to the GOG change in any fashion. I have in my head how the GOG change could happen, but this is not the time nor thread for that.

Lirael

Since the DisneySea version is rated highly by many people, I think we need to learn a lesson from Japan
Not sure why you think using DisneySea proves your point about IP. The ToT there uses even 'less' IP than the WDW one does, as it isn't centered around the Twlight Zone but some random generic story about an explorer bringing home a cursed object*

The only lesson to be learned from Japan in this case is: no IP is fine too

*unless it changed since I went there

Last edited:

Cesar R M

You see, Cayuga Productions, MGM and CBS all had ownership of The Twilight Zone and Rod Serling sold his interest in the show to CBS. And CBS still collects licensing fees for its use. My position has always been that DHS could easily theme ToT to something else and save the licensing fees. After all the Tokyo DisneySea version doesn't use the Twilight Zone theme and most people seem to think the version in Japan is the best of them all!

I assert that Disney has plenty of appropriate IP that could be adapted for use in the ToT. But again, I understand the feeling that some people have concerning any change. I, on the other hand, look forward to changes. As someone pointed out, the changes to PoC and the Haunted Mansion were great. I'd like to see more changes as well.

As I've said before, GotG is just one of many possibilities. They just need to hire some good writers, artists, etc. to put together several adaptations of various IP's and I feel confident they can come up with a better concept.

View attachment 140507
KnkJkpk.gif

csm

Oh look - come to WDWMagic for Frozen ride news, click Frozen ride thread, find off-topic ing contest argument about possible themes that would fit Tower of Terror. As usual, WDWMagic moderators are upholding their flawless record of 0 for 28,405,898.

It's really not difficult to keep a thread on topic. Want to talk about Tower of Terror? Great. Good topic to talk about. Don't do it in the Frozen ride thread. Period. This is why I - and many people I know - do not read or contribute to this site anymore. What once was the greatest place for WDW info has turned into a complete waste of internet, not because of Steve's efforts - because to be clear those remain as constant as they were in 1996 - but because of crap like this and the moderators' constant and complete turning of a blind eye to allow it to happen literally in every thread I've ever clicked on for years now.

I'm sure one of the inner circle mods will delete this post because it shines light on a problem they don't want the rest of the crowd to recognize exists - but my hope is that SOME ONE sees it first and uses it as inspiration to make a difference. This site used to be so great. Past tense. Make it your determination to see it great again.

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh look - come to WDWMagic for Frozen ride news, click Frozen ride thread, find off-topic ****ing contest argument about possible themes that would fit Tower of Terror. As usual, WDWMagic moderators are upholding their flawless record of 0 for 28,405,898.

It's really not difficult to keep a thread on topic. Want to talk about Tower of Terror? Great. Good topic to talk about. Don't do it in the Frozen ride thread. Period. This is why I - and many people I know - do not read or contribute to this site anymore. What once was the greatest place for WDW info has turned into a complete waste of internet, not because of Steve's efforts - because to be clear those remain as constant as they were in 1996 - but because of crap like this and the moderators' constant and complete turning of a blind eye to allow it to happen literally in every thread I've ever clicked on for years now.

I'm sure one of the inner circle mods will delete this post because it shines light on a problem they don't want the rest of the crowd to recognize exists - but my hope is that SOME ONE sees it first and uses it as inspiration to make a difference. This site used to be so great. Past tense. Make it your determination to see it great again.
One bad apple can be eliminated just by hitting ignore or not responding to it.

I think the mods here do a great job. And it's really easy for us to take the initiative to get back on topic instead of having to rely on others...whatever that topic is because there has not been much news to discuss...hence the drifts.

Watch....
Captain! Captain! We need thread course correction.

EEEKKK!! Back, Back, Back over the falls.

Those darn Trolls!!!! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Thought I'd post a few Norway related pics. Check out these two from Google Earth. Look at all those A/C units added to the ride building. Also check out the wall to the right. Notice the stairway has been removed as well as other improvements along that wall.

Jan 2014
View attachment 140306

Feb 2015
View attachment 140307

Mar 2016
View attachment 140308
I still fear for capacity issues but I will wait until it opens to reserve judgement on the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom