"Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland" Anyone know?

Blairnicol

From the Disney website (parts that made me laugh bolded in red):

Know Before You Go
Learn all you need to know about this special event—including where to check-in and when you can enter the park.
  • Official check-in will take place near the far left turnstiles of the Main Entrance to Magic Kingdom park beginning at 7:30 AM.
  • Guests who have purchased both regular theme park admission and a special event will receive an event sticker for identification upon check-in.
  • Starting at 7:45 AM, event Guests will be admitted into the park and guided into Fantasyland.
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Peter Pan’s Flight are the only attractions that will be operational during this special event.
  • From 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM, breakfast will be available at Pinocchio Village Haus.
  • Around 9:00 AM, the theme park will open to Guests with regular Magic Kingdom admission tickets and event-only attraction access will end.
  • Please note that regular theme park admission is required for this event, in addition to a Disney Early Morning Admission ticket.
  • The number of tickets for these events is limited. In addition, all tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.
  • All attractions, entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice.
hmmmmm-I do wonder how successful this will be. Dangle unlimited SDMT and PPF with no FP+ requirement in front of people, and who knows what they will do....I love getting into MK for early ADRs prior to opening, for the empty park alone, but this is a litttttle much. Mostly because the idea of breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus isn't tempting to me...

EDIT: unlimited in 3 hours....I realize that it is not completely unlimited until the end of time...before someone gets all technical on me...

evilzorac

Sorry to be selfish but glad this starts after my trip (this weekend), we plann on being there at rope drop and going to the mine train immediately. Whats next will we have to throw dollars at character meet & greets like we are at a strip club just to get their attention?

MrPromey

EDIT: unlimited in 3 hours....I realize that it is not completely unlimited until the end of time...before someone gets all technical on me...

More like Unlimited in 1 hour and 15 minutes starting from the moment you enter the front gates of the park. They let you into the park at 7:45 and "guide" you to fantasyland. They let everyone else in at 9.

This seems ridiculous but possibly even more so depending on how many tickets are sold considering that everyone only has the three rides to choose from, two of which have fairly low capacity.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
hmmmmm-I do wonder how successful this will be. Dangle unlimited SDMT and PPF with no FP+ requirement in front of people, and who knows what they will do....I love getting into MK for early ADRs prior to opening, for the empty park alone, but this is a litttttle much. Mostly because the idea of breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus isn't tempting to me...

but the SDMT isn't even all that great to justify this... also what happens if that ride (of the few open) happens to go down and not be operational during this time frame... then what?

Blairnicol

but the SDMT isn't even all that great to justify this... also what happens if that ride (of the few open) happens to go down and not be operational during this time frame... then what?
Completely agree that it is not justifiable (for me) to spend the $$$ for the event. But the pull of an empty park in the AM & not having to fight for those two rides and using your FPs for other stuff? I just wonder how many people cough up the dough for this and what is Disney's break even to make this a success?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We all have a character lead singalong of your favourite Disney classic toons, while bathing in the magic that is WDW.

PhilharMagician

They are testing the waters pretty heavily with these "value added" Special Events.

Not liking the feel of this. Makes me more nervous each time one of these revenue boosting ideas is dropped. Worse part is if they can get enough guests to pay for these Special Events, then perks like EMH or even free transportation could disappear. The smell is certainly getting bad.

Pixie VaVoom

7:45? Doesn't the park open at like 9am? If so, I get the privilege of paying $69 for cafeteria quality breakfast with a couple of thousand (hundred?) other people and maybe squeezing in a ride before the park opens? I don't think they thought that one through enough other than hearing an imaginary cash register ringing.

This is beyond nickel and diming. This is flat out shaking by the ankles for anything they haven't already categorically sucked from your wallet. It's downright embarrassing the level they are stooping to get at every possible dollar. And yes, it's a business and its main purpose is to make money, but draw a line somewhere. Why not just go to pay toilets at this point?

Good Grief ! Pay toilets - Please don't give them any ideas !! SHHH ! shhhh!

Last edited:

World_Showcase_Lover007

• Around 9:00 AM, the theme park will open to Guests with regular Magic Kingdom admission tickets and event-only attraction access will end.

Concern is warranted, as this is definitely the scary part. Many people have stated that the hard-ticketed admissions isn't a big deal because it doesn't affect them. Well, it doesn't affect them today, but it may tomorrow. If the early hours Fantasyland admission is a big hit and a moneymaker, Disney management won't think twice before pushing back regular park open time to 10am, 11am or even noon! Then it will affect all of us.

As far as the evening admission for $149, it states that paying guests can beginning entering MK at 7pm. So it's only a matter of time before they start doing like they do during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and start trying to kick out regular admission guests before the end of regular park hours.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
From the Disney website (parts that made me laugh bolded in red):

Know Before You Go
Learn all you need to know about this special event—including where to check-in and when you can enter the park.
  • Official check-in will take place near the far left turnstiles of the Main Entrance to Magic Kingdom park beginning at 7:30 AM.
  • Guests who have purchased both regular theme park admission and a special event will receive an event sticker for identification upon check-in.
  • Starting at 7:45 AM, event Guests will be admitted into the park and guided into Fantasyland.
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Peter Pan’s Flight are the only attractions that will be operational during this special event.
  • From 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM, breakfast will be available at Pinocchio Village Haus.
  • Please note that regular theme park admission is required for this event, in addition to a Disney Early Morning Admission ticket.
  • The number of tickets for these events is limited. In addition, all tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.
  • All attractions, entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice.

And this is why I have a problem with this event. As a resort guest, morning EMH is free. And more attractions are available. I've never done morning EMH, but I am sure the Starbucks is open to grab some caffeine and something to eat. If this sells out, Disney will think "wow, we were giving it away for free [early entry], but people are willing to pay so let's make them" And if the nighttime also sells out, they will think the same. And there goes another benefit for guests who stay on property. And as a DVC owner, I will be royally ed. Especially if I also ended up having to pay $15/night resort fee for something I own an interest in [don't get me started on the recent changes to DVC member benefits!].

I go back to my earlier comment about airlines. Disney is beginning to think like airlines, nickel and dime customers for every service they used to provide for free. But airlines could justify due to high fuel costs. What's Disney's excuse? That damn park in China? Is THAT going to be their excuse for every reduction in service and additional fee? Because once it's implemented, it will be very hard to undue.

llrain

This has made us sour about Disney as well. Being DVC owners we feel the same way and are already changing our habits. We usually do 2 trips a year but we already did one and after being there and having all these thoughts in my head while there about fleecing we decided, although these things really don't affect us cause we don't need to participate, that we are no longer doing Disney world for a while. We actually had plans of moving to Orlando like many of you for the love of Disney, just last month I had a job interview but have since changed how I feel about moving down there and decided we will stay here in New England.
We are just going to use our points on the cruise line for a few years. At least, for now, the cruise line isn't doing this fleecing and they still have the service that once resided in wdw, service that is far beyond what you get at Disney world. I thought we would be vacationing in Disney twice a year forever but enough is enough of the fleecing, its more of a poor taste thing. And don't go on and on about how Disney is a business, I get that, but they are also a company that is no longer customer service focused, that's what bothers me, period. Their only customer service is on the cruise line and we will see them twice a year now.
That day is going to come where EMH are a thing of the past because yes, people will pay for this and it will sell out leaving Disney no other option but to claim it such a success and how guests are demanding it.

And this is why I have a problem with this event. As a resort guest, morning EMH is free. And more attractions are available. I've never done morning EMH, but I am sure the Starbucks is open to grab some caffeine and something to eat. If this sells out, Disney will think "wow, we were giving it away for free [early entry], but people are willing to pay so let's make them" And if the nighttime also sells out, they will think the same. And there goes another benefit for guests who stay on property. And as a DVC owner, I will be royally ****ed. Especially if I also ended up having to pay $15/night resort fee for something I own an interest in [don't get me started on the recent changes to DVC member benefits!].

I go back to my earlier comment about airlines. Disney is beginning to think like airlines, nickel and dime customers for every service they used to provide for free. But airlines could justify due to high fuel costs. What's Disney's excuse? That damn park in China? Is THAT going to be their excuse for every reduction in service and additional fee? Because once it's implemented, it will be very hard to undue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom