Disney After Hours Event

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Think of it this way, would you pay $150 for EMH? Nope, so why would you here?

This is not like Extra Magic Hours. For Extra Magic Hours you must be staying on park and have a valued park admission ticket. Anyone can use this and it includes park admission. If you are going to complain about something at least get the facts straight.

I agree that I will not be paying for this because I have an annual pass and also always stay on the resort. Other that may be going for just one day at Magic Kingdom may see that going to the park at 7:00 PM and sending seven hours, there of them with limited crowds have be a good deal for $150.00.

FyreDansyr

Some of you might think it is a rip off but it works for me. This morning I bought my tickets. It was a very long phone call because I was repeatedly put on hold and transferred. Then spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out if they could even sell tickets yet. They were very confused about everything.
Now I just have to wait until May to enjoy that night.

NYwdwfan

No.

The number in the initial rumors was 3000

Yeah - I was just curious if it was released since someone said they purchased tickets. I wouldn't buy into it - but if I did (even though I wouldn't) - I would certainly want to know capacity beforehand.

FyreDansyr

Yeah - I was just curious if it was released since someone said they purchased tickets. I wouldn't buy into it - but if I did (even though I wouldn't) - I would certainly want to know capacity beforehand.

I did purchase tickets but they didn't tell me how many would be sold. I think the only reason I splurged was because last night I was able to change my off site hotel reservations and it saved me about $250. So this basically gives my boyfriend and I an extra day in the park for only $25 per person. We get to sleep in, avoid the sun, and avoid some of the crowds

Once the tickets arrive I'll post any info they come with.

tribbleorlfl

I dunno, I'm not that outraged by this. I mean, it's still ridiculously-priced, but it's not their normal practice of jacking up prices for all customers, taking a former free experience and charging for it or restricting normal access in favor of paid access (Candlelight dining packages, for example).

NYwdwfan

I did purchase tickets but they didn't tell me how many would be sold. I think the only reason I splurged was because last night I was able to change my off site hotel reservations and it saved me about $250. So this basically gives my boyfriend and I an extra day in the park for only $25 per person. We get to sleep in, avoid the sun, and avoid some of the crowds

Once the tickets arrive I'll post any info they come with.

Thanks - and welcome to the forum.

Blairnicol

Hmmm-not sure how I feel about this.

1-Doesn't seem to really affect regular park hours so far, since this is only happening for a few nights after 10/11pm, so it won't affect the average guest's ability to access the park. So if the 1% wants to shell out $600 for their family to ride the E tickets a few extra times, who am I to judge? And if it digs them out of some hole Shanghai has put them in while opening the rest of the park back to increased staffing, it gets a shrug from me.

2-I do worry that they would eventually shift the hours to earlier in the night so that you would have to purchase this add-on if you wanted to stay in the park past 6pm.

3-The early hours malarkey that someone posted this AM. If they start book-ending the day, the writing is really on the wall for EMH. While I am all for better maintenance of the parks, ect I really enjoy my early AMs in MK & a few late nights as well, being an adult with no kiddos.

4-I wonder why they would take away one of their biggest selling points for staying on-property. Transportation and EMH. (I personally love staying on property for the theming of the resorts, but that doesn't always bring a dollar value to the table for some people).

5-The photos I saw from the DVC events looked to have some great M&Gs and an upped fireworks show. If they have that with this, I could see the value. But at most I could see them doing some M&Gs with rare characters.

Either way I'll be interested to see how this plays out, but it won't be something I will add to my trip in December. Mostly I just think someone got greedy & I don't see it being super successful.

pax_65

The heart of the issue is whether Disney is replacing a free benefit to park guests (EMH) with a paid, hard-ticket event. Some will say, "No, because there is still EMH, this is in addition to that."

But my problem is that EMH seems less numerous now than in years past. On previous trips just a few years back, I'm pretty sure we had 2-3 EMH nights in the Magic Kingdom (I remember my kids dragging me through the park at 1am). This year, we'll only have 1 such night - during a 10-day stretch where there will be 2 MK After-Hours Events. (I will sleep a little more, but my kids are bummed.)

Obviously Disney is smart enough to not just replace a scheduled EMH with a hard-ticket event but the more I scratch my head and think about it, the angrier I get. What has happened to the Disney I used to love?

PhilharMagician

Some of you might think it is a rip off but it works for me. This morning I bought my tickets. It was a very long phone call because I was repeatedly put on hold and transferred. Then spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out if they could even sell tickets yet. They were very confused about everything.
Now I just have to wait until May to enjoy that night.

I am curious how this works for anyone. Not being sarcastic, but what makes this a good option??

$150.00 for free ice cream, coke and 5 - 7 hours in MK with a couple of rides open. Rumors are 3000 people max, but nobody knows and it could be 20K.

You are better off buying a 1 day ticket and getting there at rope drop in the AM. At least the everything will be open, but you won't get free ice cream.

The_Jobu

Is it normal for MK to close at 10pm in April? It seems like most days in April are open till 11 or 12 but then on one of the after hours days the closing time is 10.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom