Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin closing for month long refurbishment Jan-Feb 2016

mitchk

Buzz can be refurbished. And by refurbished, I mean plussed. Stitch can change from polarizing show to an innovative dark ride. I wouldn't want to see the Stitch presence go away entirely.

Good idea, but there is no room for a Stitch dark ride unless they remove part of the Speed Way. In witch I would have no problem with

NearTheEars

To be honest, I hop that the whole speedway gets bulldozed at some point for more innovative things.

I'd much rather see them keep it, but upgrade it. Ditch the fuel and modernize the cars.
The downside is that it will still be an odd fit in Tomorrowland. But I'd hate to see it go.
I never got to experience it at WDW with my parents, but back in Ohio, Geauga Lake and Cedar Point both had an antique car attraction that I loved! Being able to get behind the wheel of one of those with my mom or dad was priceless.

image.jpeg

Donaldfan1934

I'd much rather see them keep it, but upgrade it. Ditch the fuel and modernize the cars.
The downside is that it will still be an odd fit in Tomorrowland. But I'd hate to see it go.
I never got to experience it at WDW with my parents, but back in Ohio, Geauga Lake and Cedar Point both had an antique car attraction that I loved! Being able to get behind the wheel of one of those with my mom or dad was priceless.

View attachment 132633
That antique car attraction looks much better than the speedway does and that's at a local park. While they could always retheme it to fit the land, the real reason it doesn't work is that the cars are on rails and are super slow. The atmosphere of the area aside, you're average go karts are more fun than the speedway.

RSoxNo1

To be honest, I hop that the whole speedway gets bulldozed at some point for more innovative things.
The Speedway is on some of the most valuable real estate on property. It should be removed entirely with a new Cars based speedway built at DHS. It was a missed opportunity in DCA to not do something similar integrated with the Cadillac Mountain Range.

Donaldfan1934

The Speedway is on some of the most valuable real estate on property. It should be removed entirely with a new Cars based speedway built at DHS. It was a missed opportunity in DCA to not do something similar integrated with the Cadillac Mountain Range.
Yeah, it would've opened up so much new land at DL.

MonorailLover

To be honest, I hope that the whole speedway gets bulldozed at some point for more innovative things.
My armchair imagineering imagines a revamp with electric cars, being sponsored by Tesla. Though, the sponsor may not be possible with Chevy sponsoring test track. Well, I guess Chevy could also sponsor a new speedway.........

Slowjack

Rode this on Friday. Buzz still behind the curtain; we could see the sneakers of someone who was working on him. The ride seemed to be in decent shape, or at least I didn't see lots of peeling/scratched-off paint and so on like I usually do.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Rode this on Friday. Buzz still behind the curtain; we could see the sneakers of someone who was working on him. The ride seemed to be in decent shape, or at least I didn't see lots of peeling/scratched-off paint and so on like I usually do.
Good deal, did they fix/enhance the guns?

Slowjack

Good deal, did they fix/enhance the guns?
It had been a while since my last visit, but I don't feel the guns have been upgraded. Having now tried the Men in Black ride for the first time, I realize how nice it was to have a clear indicator on the gun when you score a hit instead of having to note if your score has changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom